Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#3719 by Jillian Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:15 am
This is a next of kin scam, but the scammer starts out differently. He first sends an email that says he has a business proposal. There is very little information. People are curious and will reply. After they reply to the first email, and he knows he has an active email address, he sends the more familiar dormant account/ Next of kin script to the person, who now feels compelled to reply again.

Here's the introductory script he sends:

I've seen it with both the name Willie Sandra and Sandra White:

Mrs Willie Sandra <[email protected]> wrote:
ァレヲウキsェコケqカlヲaァ}。I

ァAï½²{ï½¥iï½¹qカlオケァレ。G [email protected]

I want to introduce myself and this business to you My name is Dr Ibrahim A business of $10Million

- Ibrahim Dablla.

After you reply to this asking for more information, this is the next email you will receive:

Thanks for your kind response and showing your prime interest in assisting me in this business transaction regarding the funds deposited by Late Sir Morris White, which amounts to $10 Million(TEN Million U.S Dollars).

Sir. Morris White deposited this account with our bank in 2005 when he opened a company here in our country. He open the account because every company owners here in our country are required to have a deposit with the apex bank and that is why Sir. Morris White open his account with our bank and deposited the fund with our bank before his death in the year 2007.

The filing and recording department of the bank have tried to contact his relatives but no fruitful information about the relatives. This Lead to the bank to abandoned his account file since they are unable to trace his next of kin.

Three months later before our last year auditing our bank received a letter from the co-operate office saying " Sir. Morris White's account was not registered with "kin" which means he did not specify anybody as his next of kin before his death. Presently this account is dormant and need to be activated but nobody can activate this account because it was unclaimed.

Now, my colleague and i are using our position in the bank to get a foreigner to place a claim on this fund with your name since all the required documents to fortify this claim is with us here in the office. Therefore my colleague and i will be successful to claim the fund with your name as soon as you are willing to comply and take the offer of 40% of the total amount after the claim and transfer of the fund into your designated account. My colleague and i will also share 60%.

my colleague and i can not claim this account ourselves because we are working with the bank and the bank knowing fully well that we are citizens of the country and this is why we have contacted you so that you can apply to the bank with your name and lets claim this account/fund successfully and transfer into your account in your country. Have no fear or worry as all document needed before the bank can approve you as the next of kin will be provided by my colleague and i. We will send the document to you upon request by the bank so that you can send the document to the bank.

We also need absolute confidentiality when claiming this account because I dont want my bank to know that we are the people whom contacted about this fruitful opportunity and that is why you must keep this transaction secret until these fund is transferred directly into your account successfully.

This transaction does not require any type of delay because the bank will close the account after three months and this is why we need to work toward this claim immediately and claim the fund within four bank working days to enable the bank approve the claim and remit the funds into your account.

By applying you will require filling the claim application form which will qualify you as the next of kin. Please provide me with the following information so that we can get started:

1,Private telephone and fax number
2, Full name
3, Contact address
4, Age and occupation

As soon as i receive these information from you, i will forward you the drafted application which you will fill and send to the bank.

Ibrahim dablla
TEL:+971-509370825

Please remember that this is a scam, there is no ten million dollars in a dormant account. If you were to reply to this email, you would soon be asked to pay document fees. There would be no end to the fees. On the other end of this transaction there is simply a thief trying to get as much of your money as he can.
If you are here because you've received this email and have researched the scammer's name, please read up on Next of Kin scams to learn more.
Advertisement

#4072 by Jillian Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:37 pm
This is a variation of the same email, by the same scammer. Now it seems that he's sending out the scam script email in the initial email:

[email protected]

Business Proposal.

- My Name is Ibrahim Dablla, The Chief Accountant of the Arabian Finance Trust Bank, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.Am contacting you as regards a confidential Business Transaction that will Benefit the Both of Us as am due for Retirement in three months time and would want to retire WIsely.This Transaction is regads a fixed deposit sum of US$10,000,000 deposit by a late client-Sir.Morris White Sir.Morris White prior to his Death deposited this account with our bank in 2005 when he opened a company here in our country.. He Open the account because every company owners here in our country are required to have a deposit with the apex bank And that is why Sir.Morris White open his account with our bank and deposited the fund with our bank before his Death in the year 2007.The filing and recording department of the bank have tried to contact his relatives but no fruitful information about the relatives.This Lead to the bank to abandoned his account file since they are unable to trace his next of kin.Three months later before our last year auditing our bank received a letter from the co-operate office saying " Sir.Morris White's account was not registered with "kin" which means he did not specify anybody as his next of kin before his death. Presently this account is dormant and need to be activated but nobody can activate this account because it was unclaimed.Now, my colleague and i are using our position in the bank to get a foreigner to place a claim on this fund with your name since all the required documents to fortify this claim is with us here in the office. Therefore my colleague and i will be successful to claim the fund with your name as soon as you are willing to comply and take the offer of 40% of the total amount after the claim and transfer of the fund into your designated account.My colleague and i will also share 60%.my colleague and i can not claim this account ourselves because we are working with the bank and the bank knowing fully well that we are citizens of the country and this is why we have contacted you so that you can apply to the bank with your name and lets claim this account/fund successfully and transfer into your account in your country. Have no fear or worry as all document needed before the bank can approve you as the next of kin will be provided by my colleague and i. We will send the document to you upon request by the bank so that you can send the document to the bank.We also need absolute confidentiality when claiming this account because I dont want my bank to know that we are the people whom contacted about this fruitful opportunity and that is why you must keep this transaction secret until these fund is transferred directly into your account successfully.This transaction does not require any type of delay because the bank will close the account after three months and this is why we need to work toward this claim immediately and claim the fund within four bank working days to enable the bank approve the claim and remit the funds into your account.By applying you will require filling the claim application form which will qualify you as the next of kin. Please provide me with the following information so that we can get started:1,Private telephone and fax number 2, Full name 3, Contact address 4, Age and occupationAs soon as i receive these information from you, i will forward you the drafted application which you will fill and send to the bank. IBRAHIM DABLLA .

Please note that Arabian Trust Finance Bank, referenced by the scammer in this email, is not legitimate and is also listed here on Scamwarners: Post about Arabian Trust Finance Bank