Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#3749 by charley152 Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:33 am
DELL PRODUCT PROMOTION
From: The Desk of the Product Promtion Agent for Winning transfer
Chepstow House
Trident Business ParkDaten Avenue
BirchwoodCheshire
WA3 6BX,United Kingdom
(Customer Services)

WINNING PARAMETERS
Ref no. : Dell/200-26937-MJL
Batch no. :2007MJL-01
Winner's name:,
Raffle Draw Winning Email: ()

Congratulations Lucky Winner,
It gives me great pleasure to inform you that your Verification and Fund Release form has passed through the proper legal verification processes and has sucessfully passed all standards in accordance with the DELL PRODUCT PROMOTION Terms and Conditions . This is also to notify you that you have been officially cleared for payment by the verifications and fund release department at the DELL PRODUCT PROMOTION Headquarters and your winnings has been approved for release to you.

As you already know, all winners for the online version of the DELL PRODUCT PROMOTION were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from an exclusive list of 100,000 unions, associations, and corporate bodies that are listed online as part of our international promotion to promote international co-operation between the United Kingdom and other countries worldwide.

I must say that you should count yourself extremely lucky to have emerged as one of our winners in this year's lucky dip sweepstakes.We do sincerely hope you will utilize part of your winnings to support several communities, support initiatives that promote civic education and participation in public life as well as target poverty for eradication, lastly to render selfless services to the less priviledge in your community.

Take note, all winning payments in your favor with serial number M7-4038-581 have been released in your name, we must have your completed claims form and Winning Certificate or mandate approved by both the United Kingdom Board of Promotions Commission and a Royal Court of Justice as prescribed by the United Kingdom Gaming Laws since you are not a citizen of the United Kingdom. In view of this little inconvenience in claiming your Dell Award Lottery Winnings, but the claims process has been made so easy that at most within a week you are assured of receiving your winnings. It's imperative that you contact our affiliated International Winners Legal Representative (RAYMOND AND RAYMOND LAW FIRM) to notarize your form/claim and also process it with The United Kingdom Board of Promotion Commission.

Kindly find their contact details as stated below.
RAYMOND AND RAYMOND LAW FIRM
L23w Calive Way, Thames Street,
Weybridge, Surrey. KT13 8NL.
United Kingdom.
Tel: +44 7031880969
Email: [email protected]

Note that you are to provide the Courier with these details to identify you:

* FULL NAMES:
* FULL ADDRESS:
* TEL:
* AMOUNT WON:
* WINNING REF NUMBER:
* WINNING BATCH NUMBER:

Lastly do adhead to the Instruction of the Law firm so your winnings can get to you soonest. Also do note that there exists a periodic condition on all claims process, therefore you have limited time to claim your winnings. Failure to claim your winnings within the stipulated time frame will lead to the forfeiture of your winnings after which your winning funds will be added to next winning draws.
Its is imperative that you add your IDENTIFICATION NUMBERS{CPEL/OWN/9876} as the subject of any correspondence with the Law Firm to ensure that they respond in a timely manner.

I will require a concise update on your proceedings with the Law Firm as soon as you make contact with them. If you need any assistance whatsoever, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Congratulations once more and do reply soonest to acknowledge the receipt of this mail.

Yours Sincerely,
Mr. Carlos Williams
Fiduciary Agent.
DELL PRODUCT PROMOTION

AND THE LAW FIRM I REPLIED TO SAID THIS

RAYMOND AND RAYMOND LAW FIRM
United Kingdom.

Legal Attn: Charley,

We have received recent email and the confirmation information sent by you. We hereby confirm you as the true beneficiary to the Dell Award prize of £500,000,00. You are expected to to enter your closet relative in the area Next of Kin. Our Legal/Professional Charge varies from £270 to £460 Pounds for the Legalization and Notarization service to be rendered in regards to your winnings. You are to make payment of £ 270 to £460 as the professional charge up-front to us as Retainership. This is to cover the cost of registering and legalizing your winning claims with the United Kingdom Promotion Board and also with the Royal Court of Justice here in United Kingdom. The entire process will take only 24 - 72 hours as you may option and of us receiving payment from you.

With regards to this, you are required to select the most convenient of the three options below for Legalization of your Winnings, all prices quoted on this form are in Pounds Sterling . Any service can be cancelled but those done via our automated system may automatically be subject to amendment.

RAYMONDS AND RAYMONDS LEGALIZATION OPTIONS

FIRST CLASS LEGALIZATION (Max Legalization Duration 24 hrs)
(24 hours)
Currency British Pounds
Legal Serv. £320.00

Vat/Insurance £140.00
TOTAL £460.00

SECOND CLASS LEGALIZATION (Max Legalization Duration 48 hrs)
(2 Working Days)

Currency British Pounds
Legal Serv. £218.00

Vat/Insurance £92.00
TOTAL £310.00

THIRD CLASS LEGALIZATION (Max Legalization Duration 72 hrs)
(3 Working Days)

Currency British Pounds
Legal Serv. £206.00

Vat/Insurance £64.00
TOTAL £270.00

For speed and convenience sake, do make an option from the above and get back to us for mode of payment.

INFORMATION PURPOSE:

We offer different types of law services like Drafting of Will, Trust and town planning, Banking transactions, Director's service agreement, corporate transactions including corporate finance, mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures, commercial matters, tribunal claims, draft contracts of employment, resolving disputes and negotiating settlements e.t.c.

Ipso facto, we anticipate your full co-operation in this matter to enable us perfect your claims. Your swift response would be highly appreciated as we are obliged to be of service to you.

Congratulations Once again.

Regards.

Yours Sincerely,
Barr. Raymond Donald (Esq.) For
Raymonds and Raymonds Law Firm.

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP AND TELL ME IF ITS A SCAM, THANKS
Last edited by charley152 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

help me find out if this is a scam or not
Advertisement

#3751 by Ralph Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:40 am
Sorry Charlie, it is most definately a scam, please dont go spending up big or celebrating. I have won 5 such lotteries this week alone :cry:

I will take a closer look and see what I can find

Oh, where's my manners? welcome and thanks for posting

Very important, I just noticed your name,
Please for your own security, remove your own name and email address from your post

#3753 by charley152 Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:44 am
thanks ralph, i was pretty sure that it was aswell, especially when I not only didnt enter a draw but also the fact that I had to pay for legalization before I recieved my money made me definatly think it was a scam, i cant believe the ammount of effort people go to just to con somebody.

let me know if you get any more information on the matter, and once again thanks for your help

#3754 by Ralph Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:51 am
OK,

My first search was on the company name, Raymonds and Raymonds Law Firm Click here I am no expert on fake sites but I think you may have helped us to find a fake lawyer site there, some of the links dont work, in particular the "contact us" link.

I am sure somebody with more fake site experience will be able to say for sure on that one.

Meanwhile, off to do some more searches, I will add to this post as I find information

Another good search is on the identification numbers they use, they are put there as your unique code verifying that you are the winner, here is a search result on your unique code Click here

We often find results by searching on gramatical and spelling mistakes, a search on "BirchwoodCheshire" Click here
An exact search on "do adhead to the" Click here

If you dont mind, could you post the email addresses you recieved the lottery email from? searches on thoe can be very helpful in finding information but more importantly make it easier for potential victims to find information on the scam.

I am fast running out of time at the moment but one last thing that gives a pretty good clue as to where the email is from,
Lastly do adhead to the Instruction of the Law firm so your winnings can get to you soonest.
Note the word "soonest" Africans, and in particular Nigerians cant help themselves from using that word, I think Nigeria is the origin :wink:

Well done on spotting it, those factors you mentioned, in particular Not entering the lottery and fees involved in getting your winnings are the 2 most telling trademarks of a scam.

Glad we were able to help, please let us know if you have any questions and one of us will be happy to answer as best we can

#3775 by charley152 Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:20 pm
thanks so much mate, my dad said it looked like it was of nigerian orgin aswell!

[email protected] thats the email of mr. carlos s. williams who emailed me of my winnings
[email protected] and thats the email of the raymonds and raymonds law firm.

i have been looking up all those links you put on, im so glad there are genuine people like you around. some times you wonder if its a becoming extinct what with all these horrible people scamming everyone.

once again ralph, thanks.

if you get any more information please let me know

#3776 by Dan Jones Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:29 pm
Glad you found out this was a scam really early on mate.

The soonest does point towards Nigeria, but if you post the headers of the emails, we can find the originating IP which tells us the country of origin and whether the barrister is the same person. It usually is the same person, but sometimes they run in gangs and you get passed up the chain.

#3778 by charley152 Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:41 pm
Long Link

is that what you mean mate? or out of java script that says;
CONTACT THE LAW FIRM FOR FURTHER LEGALIZATION OF YOUR WINNING FUNDSâ€

#3779 by Crispy Duck Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:58 pm
The 'headers' referred to above look something like this:

Delivered-To: [email protected]
Received: by 10.141.137.5 with SMTP id p5cs318581rvn;
Tue, 24 Jun 2008 09:36:13 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.210.12.6 with SMTP id 6mr425361ebl.91.1214325370189;
Tue, 24 Jun 2008 09:36:10 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <yyy>
Received: from <blurb> [no.no.no.no])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id 6si468449nfv.21.2008.06.24.09.36.08;
Tue, 24 Jun 2008 09:36:10 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 12.34.56.78 as permitted sender) client-ip=12.34.56.78.;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of

(There is more, but I've shortened it for clarity) :)

Dependant upon which program you use to receive email (Ms Outlook, Outlook Express, Gmail etc), there are ways of displaying the headers of the received emails.

If you would like to PM me & tell me which programme you use, I can help you with how to view the headers. Then, you just need to 'copy & paste' the headers into your posting here (removing YOUR email address from the copy). We can analyze the headers & confirm (usually) the Country of origin.

#3790 by Ralph Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:37 am
The email address you posted, [email protected], I did a search on the email address first, most scammers can be found by doing this, certainly not all as is the case this time, (until the google bots find this one at least :wink: ) I then shortened the address by excluding the domain name, scammers are creatures of habbit and often use very similiar addresses or change domains so I searched on carloswilliams_fsd still no luck, I then shortened it again to the name only carloswilliams and got lots of hits Click here, William Carlos Williams is a poet so it seems. It is not at all unusual for scammers to use the name of famous or semi famous people, by doing this it makes it harder to be discovered by google searches.
Now that I have some hits, lets see about refinning the search.

Search for carloswilliams but this time add the word "scam" (carloswilliams scam) Click here for result the first few hits on page one look fairly innocent but look down the page a little, you could refine further by adding more relevant words such as lottery Click Here

Searching for details on scams is certainly not an exact science, but with persistence and an understanding of what types of things to look for, you will get results on most (certainly not all) scams

Just ading, the bit at the bottom of the email is basically a signature that can be added to any email, it is believed to make it look more authentic.

And yes, these days it is getting increasingly harder to believe everybody you meet, one of the hardest things for us to accept is when a warned scam victim continues to believe the scammer regardless of what proof we provide, and sees us as at best, "an interferring annoyance", if only those people would have exercised the same care when the scam started, we would not need to warn them.

Those who believe and are saved from loss or further loss do make it worthwhile and keep us going :wink:

#3805 by Ralph Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:07 pm
Nice work Jillian,

Thanks for that, I must learn more about fake sites, when I get a spare 5 minutes (or 5 days) I think I will :wink:
#5106 by Syphon357 Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:16 pm
Dell Electronics Company.
Dell House
The Boulevard Cain Road, Bracknell
Berkshire RG12 1LF,
United Kingdom.
(Customers Services).
=========================
SERIAL NO: M7-4038-581
REF: TOL/NL/0013/121
=========================

ATTN:***********,

Your claims have been authenticated by this office and your winning notification is passed as genuine from Dell Electronics Company Office in United Kingdom. Thus, you have been approved to receive your prize winnings of £500,000.00 (Five Hundred Thousand, Pounds Sterling). Each email where selected from over 30,000 company and 50,000,000 individual email addresses . Each email address attached to a ticket number. Your email address (*********@hotmail.com) was selected along with 3 others. But, as mandated by the National Promotion Act of 1993 and amended by the Online Gaming Act of 2003, article 14 (Prize Award to non United Kingdom Citizens) which prescribe that all non United Kingdom Citizens who become winners of any Promotion registered in the United Kingdom must have his or her winning claims Legalized with the United Kingdom Board of Promotion Commission and also Notarized with at least one Royal Court of Justice in the United Kingdom.

Take note, all winning payments in your favour with serial number M7-4038-581 have been released in your name, we must have your completed claims form and Winning Certificate or mandate approved by both the United Kingdom Board of Promotions Commission and a Royal Court of Justice as prescribed by the United Kingdom Gaming Laws since you are not a citizen of the United Kingdom. In view of this little inconvenience in claiming your Dell Electronic Seasonal Award, but the claims process has been made so easy that at most within a week you are assured of receiving your winnings. It's imperative that you contact our affiliated Legal Representative (RAYMONDS AND RAYMONDS LAW FIRM) to notarize your form/claim and also process it with The United Kingdom Board of Promotion Commission.

Kindly find their contact details as stated below.
Raymonds and Raymonds Law Firm.
United Kingdom.
Tel: +44 7031910974
+44 7031946694
Fax: +44 7075209886
Email: [email protected]

For your perusal and also for fast remittance of your winning fund to you, you are to require to scan a copy of your Identity card, Drivers License or any subtance of identity and request an Afidavit of True Fund Beneficiary Form, from the Lawyer handling the Legalizaion of your claim. We hope you will be contacting the affiliated Legal Representative as stated above immediately considering the fact that the claims of your Promotion winnings is time constrained.

Kindly contact us anytime for further enquiries and assistance. On behalf of Dell Electronics Company, Congratulatons once again from us.

Sincerely,

Mr. Brown J. Williams
Tel: +447031908584
Copyright © 1995-2008. The Dell Electronic Award Team.
All rights reserved. Terms of Service - Guideline.

this was received by me this morning 30/09/2008

realized it was a scam when I ran a search on the law firm :P

#5107 by Crispy Duck Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:11 pm
Good for searching & spotting it as a scam, Syphon357 :D

Another give-away is simply that any phone number starting +44 70x is a 'redirect to anywhere' number. These are very popular with the scammers as they believe it adds some authenticity to their scam, stating they are in the U.K.

Any calls made to those numbers will be answered elsewhere - usually on a mobile in West Africa. :wink:

#5112 by Ralph Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:59 am
^^ Yes, and cost an absolute fortune :shock:

Welcome Syphon and thanks for posting the details, the more info out there the better