Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#15271 by littleXxlxX Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:33 am
all a scam or not?

FROM OFFICE OF THE WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER.?
Sent: 17 September 2009 14:05:29
To:

FROM OFFICE OF THE WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER.
COTONOU BENIN REPUBLIC/ADDRESS 455 AGBOKOU,ANKPA
ROAD OPPOSITE TUNDE MOTORS COTONOU.
EMAIL: [email protected]
WEB: SITE.www.westernunion.com ;
MOBILE PHONE:+229-93-944-206

ATTENTION: BENEFICIARY.

This is to notify all our clients about the latest development concerning all the payment that are left in our custody. which yours are inclusive Besides, your where given a bill of $285.00 in order to receive your payment of $1.2 Million which we didn’t hear from you for sometime now.
Hence, Our Western Union is now offering a Special Bonus to help all our customers that are having their payment in our custody due to high price. In order words we are now requesting that those involve should pay only the sum of $79 to receive all their payment abandoned in our custody.
Besides, my dear, this is the opportunity for you and you have to comply and your funds shall be transfer to your destination address immediatly without any delay.
But remember that after (one week) you did not make the payment we will divert your funds to govement fund(ACCOUNT) to aviod problem or we will cancel the payment for this year untill next year because this year is not last year,
Again after (one week ) We will enter A new project for the year and that is the reason we decid to help all our customers before we enter the new project for the new year.
So be advise to send the $79 immediately,So that we can be able to re-newed and re-confirmed your payment file here as i have told you earlier for you to start picking the fund up from any western union office near you same day $4500.00 per day.
Be advise that there is no time again for us to call you on phone unless you will call +229-93-944-206.
NOTE; After the payment of $79 you will start receiveing your money FOUR(4)times per week $4500.00 till the payment of $1.2Million is complete transfered to you through western union.
STOP DELAYING THIS FUND HERE.
REMEMBER THAT ONCE THIS NEEDED MONEY IS RECEIVED HERE AS I TOLD YOU,THIS FUND WILL BE RELEASED FOR YOU TO START PICKING IT UP FROM ANY WESTERN UNION OFFICE NEAR YOU SAME DAY.
Send this needed fee $79 now through Western Union Money Transfer with the informations below:
1.RECEIVER NAME:......................Paul Ndigwe.
2.COUNTRY:.......... Republic of Benin .
3.CITY :............... Cotonou.
4..TEXT QUESTION:.....................Honest
0A5.TEXT ANSWER:......Trust.....
6.AMOUNT:......................$79. 00 USD
MTCN NUMBER..........
SENDER'S NAME SHOULD BE YOUR NAME.

WE ARE WAITING FOR YOUR UEGENT RESPONSE TO ENABLE THIS OFFICE KNOW YOUR ARRANGEMENT FOR THE PAY

Attn, xxxxxxx
Sent: 02 October 2009 08:27:32
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Attn, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I write to inform you about the recent development that just took place in our office in respect of your fund.
A man came from Indonesia by 12: 00pm with a power of attorney & also with $950 in respect of your fund and he said that you are the rightful person that sent him. So that is why I tried to email you so that you will tell me what to do about it. Here is the information he came with where the fund should be diverted to.

Receiver Name: Mr. David Johnson
Address: Kemuning Ray Street NO.8 Tomang Jakarta Indonesia
Home Cell Phone: (+62) 92-24-75-891
Mobile Phone: (+62) 92-24-75-882
Office Phone: (+62) 92-55-75-877
[email protected]
Nationality: Indonesia
Sex: Male
Picture: Present.

Meanwhile we have contacted the ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIME COMMISSION (EFCC) and he is under their net now for investigation.Therefore we want you to get back to us with immediate effect letting us know whether you truely sent Mr. David Johnson to claim your fund.

The management of Western union have secured and the neccesary documentations that are required and also sent a delegate to federal ministry of finance Rep Du Benin, You fund have been release and ready to transifer $6000 perday to your nominated address. However the only money you are required to pay now is the sum of $85 for renewing and reconfirming of your file from the presidential office, which they are requesting before the western union transifer unit will be finally release the mtcn of $6000 which they have send to you today.

Therefore what is required from you now is to let us know whether you give the power of attorney to Mr. David Johnson the gentle man from Indonesia. If yes, write us an email so that we will get him released by the ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIME COMMISSION (EFCC) and then proceed with the transifer to his address. If no, write us an email letting us know that you do not have anything to do with Mr. David Johnson so that we will let the ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIME COMMISSION (EFCC)
know what is going on as they are waiting to here from us what next to do.

But if you do not send Mr. David Johnson, In order to proceed with the transifer to his address you are required to go to the western union /money gram office and send us the sum of $85 today to avoid any delay with the below details, get back to us with the payment information so that we will forward it into the western union agents to enable them pay for the file reconfirming fee and proceed the transifer of your fund today $6000 per day.

Receivers Name: OKOLO CHINEDU
City: Cotono
Test Question: when
Answer: now
Amount: $85 Only

Yours in service
MR.FRANK ASHLEY
Western Union Boss
phone number +229-98586182
E-MAIL( [email protected] )
Financial Minister
Federal Republic of Benin

MENT. YOU CALL US FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THIS CELL PHONE NUMBER: +229-93-944-206

NOTE; DO RE-CONFIRMED YOUR FULL CONTACT INFORMATIONS WITH YOUR DIRECT PHON NUMBER.
BEST REGARDS,
MR.HARRY MUSA.

then this one

RE: Attention ,xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 03 October 2009 19:00:30
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER

WORLD WIDE BENIN REPUBLIC COTONOU OF WEST AFRICAN FASTER WAY FOR SENDING AND RECEIVING MONEY. GLOBAL TRANSFERING AGENTS:
SEND MONEY WORLDWIDE:

OFFICE OF THE WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER.
COTONOU BENIN REPUBLIC/ADDRESS 473 LEU, DE AKPAKPA ROAD.
Welcome to Western Union Tel:+229-98586182

Attention ,xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I want to inform you this
Your fund will start transfering from tomorow immediately after we receive the $85 and i want you to know that your first Installation which you are going to receive is $6000.00 as soon as the mtcn code is released to you when we confirm the $85.

For example if to say that you will send the money today then we will try to transfer your first installation to you today because that is what we planed and if it is possible for you then try to send it today and email us back with the payment information.But if it is not possible for you then try to send it tomorow morning ok.

You will pick the money with this information.
http://WWW.WESTERNUNION.COM
(1.) Sender First Name: Alex
Sender Last Name: Koffi
RECEIVER NAME: xxxx xxxxxxxx

QUESTION: YOUR
TEST ANSWER: $6.000.00
AMOUNT: $6,000,00,
MTCN :

(2.) Amount:6,000 USD
MTCN:
Sender`s first name: John
Sender's last name: Wilson
QUESTION: YOUR
TEST ANSWER: $6.000.00

RECEIVER NAME: xxxx xxxxxxxxx

This is the payment information you will use to send the remain $85.00 for this department to release your fund today and make sure you track your money.

Country...Cotonou Benin
Sender's Name...
Receiver's Name.....Mr Anthony Nnamdi
Amount......$85.00 only
Mtcn Number........
Test Question ......How Much
Answer.....$85.00 Only.

This is your secret Code....Wt02
Try to call him with this line...+22998586182

We look forward to your urgent positive response.
Regards,
Mr.Frank Ashley The Manager Of Western union department
BeninRepublic; Call For Urgent..+229-98586182

SEND MONEY WORLDWIDE

Send Money Worldwide

Western Union
Welcome to Western Union Tel:+229-98586182
Consumers have looked to Western Union to help them stay connected to loved ones around the world for more than 150 years. We are a global leader in money transfer services, offering the ability to send money to more than 245,000 Western Union Agent locations in over 200 countries and territories. Count on Western Union to transfer money, send bill payments, and purchase money orders and prepaid service.

Mod edit: Removed email address and name of poster -Jillian
Advertisement

#15272 by Holly Brown Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:32 am
Hi, littleXxlxX, and welcome to Scamwarners. :D

This is definitely a scam. Western Union does not have money in your name, and certainly not millions of dollars. And if they did, they wouldn't be asking you to send them money in order to collect it - they get their fees from the sender.

I'm on my way out the door to work right now, but I will research the details later and show more proof that it's a scam. Don't respond to this email, and ignore any further emails from them.

[email protected] if you want to ask me more questions.
#15291 by The Enchantress Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:00 pm
Hi little. Please cease contact with this scammer and send no money.

Holly has given you sound advice and with her you are in safe hands.

I have noted this search result proving this a certain scam click here

Edit - to remove request - admin editted members personal info from post.
Last edited by The Enchantress on Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#15292 by Arnold Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:11 pm
As Holly said, there s no doubt whatsoever that this is a scam.
Anyone from Western Union would have an "@westernunion.com" email address, not free ones from Yahoo etc.
The first email said "ATTENTION: BENEFICIARY." A sure sign of the same identical email sent out in bulk. I very much doubt that the first email showed your email address. It was only after your reply that he started using your name.
A your post shows your name and email address, please edit your posting to remove them. It's better to be anonymous on sites like this.