Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
Advertisement

#3812 by Crispy Duck Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:14 pm
Welcome to scamwarners, toomyzoom.:)

You may like to also compare with this posting: http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=785

It gives a fair indication of how the Craigslist scammers operate - despite Craigslist advising against accepting money orders/checks etc.

Can you post an email you received from this person? What name is he using? It may help us better understand how he's operating. It would be even better if you could post the headers to the email as well!

More than likely, though - if he's not prepared to pay in cash, face to face, then it's a scam.
#3813 by toomyzoom Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:51 pm
I think he is a scammer because I just play around with him. I said "Can you send me your number because this is a big deal" when he said he would want to buy a laptop from me. He just keep silent and no reply. I think he is exactly a scammer.

#3815 by Crispy Duck Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:43 pm
It would be useful (if you believe him to be a scammer) to post his name here. Anyone else having contact with him - or selling things on Craigslist - may then find out about him by doing a search for his name. They will then be aware of him & it could prevent somebody else being scammed.

Again, though - some evidence (like an email from him to you) would be useful to determine that he actually is operating a scam. He may just be an inept buyer or someone who is unsure about how to buy off Craigslist.

#4082 by toomyzoom Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:30 pm
Re: psp fat 3.71 m33-4 good condition include madden07 game - $150 (san diego)
To: [email protected]

Thanks for your quick response concerning my enquiry. Cool, I am satisfied with the condition of the item and since this item is in great condition i am willing to offer you an amount of $170 including proper packaging materials of the item without you paying any shipping charges cos i have an account with FedEx. I hope my bid is okay for the item? If not kindly get back to me asap cos am highly interested in this item.

So i would be glad to make payment with the following payment option : By sending you a postal money order through United State Postal Service ( U.S.P.S) which is safe,the fastest and secure way of sending money and also funds are highly guaranteed. In order to make this done kindly get back to me with your full name,mailing address,private email address likewise your phone # so that i can make an arrangement on how to send you the money. I need the above requirements asap so that i can explain the process on how to receive money via USPS and as well finalize payment immediately. Looking forward in doing business with you. Thanks hope to hear from you soon and it's nice doing business with you.
Thanks.
Regards.

Get back to me after payment confirmation............

Good, I got your full information of where to mail the money order and i will like to go to the nearest post office near me to make the payment. So once the payment as been stamped and approved by USPS you will receive an email from United States Postal Service ( U.S.P.S) that the payment has been approved. After this approval confirmation email,USPS will then mail out your money order directly to where you are located in the United States and payment will as well be received in U.S funds . As for the shipping of the item,it will be done through my FedEx account so you don't have to pay for any shipping charges after shipment has been made.
NOTE.
I am presenting this item to my Brother schooling abroad has a Birthday gift coming up soon so after payment has been made,you have to package the item in a more presentatable manner and my advise for you as a seller is to remove the unit off Craigslist so as not to allow other buyers to bid on it.

Thanks.....It's nice doing business with you.

Regards.

Get back to me after payment confirmation............

I would have loved to call you now but my cell phone is broken, so i can only take emails for now.....But i will make sure to call you anytime from now in case i fixed up my phone okay....So i have already sent my son over to the post office to mail out the postal money order.......So just make sure you get back to me once you receive the approval notification email from US postal service regarding your paymnent so that i can forward you all the necessaries fedEx shipping documents for you to print out and paste it on the package before dropping it off at the nearest fedEx station near since i have an account with fedEx okay......I hope you understand this now?...So reply asap.

Thanks..

Regards..

Thanks for your quick response............Cool, I was just notified
with the approval confirmation email from the United States Postal
Service (USPS) that the payment has been proccess and approved. Since
payment has been made, i expect you to package the item together b'cos
arrangement has already been made on how to get it shipped through
FedEx since you need to provide USPS the shipping tracking # via email
so as to mail out your postal money order. In order to make this done,
i will email you all the necessary FedEx shipping documents for you to
print out then paste on the package before dropping it off at the
nearest FedEx station since am presenting it to my Brother as a
Birthday gift coming up soon and that it was stated on the approval
notification letter USPS forwarded to me that you need to provide them

with a tracking # after shippment has been made for verification in
order to make fast delivery of you money. So be expecting the shipping
documents very soon since the tracking # will be on it. So get back to
me if you have receive the payment confirmation letter so that i can
email you all the necessary fedEx shipping document asap.....Hope you
understand this now?... Once again , it was nice doing business with
you.

Thanks.......Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards..

Hello xxxxx,

Below are the Fed Ex shipping invoice and label attached to this mail. Print 3 copies of the invoice and insert it in the shipping box and also print out 1 copy of the attached label and tape it on the package before dropping it off at the nearest Fed Ex station tomorrow morning. Kindly get back to me immediately after you have sent out the package through FedEx. It was nice doing business with you.

Kindly locate the nearest fedEx drop off station near you and ship out the package tomorrow morning.

Here is the shipping tracking # on the shipping documents 791080711306 forward it to USPS via this emai [email protected] for verification after mailing out the package inorder to make fast delivery of your money. Hope this is advisable for fast arrival on your payment. Kindly drop off the package before the last express dropoff time which is 6:00pm tomorrow.

Hello xxxxx,

I just writting to know if you got the fedEx shipping document i emailled you?....If so kindly make sure you print it out and paste it on the package before dropping it at fedEx station today.....Also don't forget to email USPS the shipping tracking # after mailing out the package for verification in order to make fast delivery of your money okay....Hope this is advisable for fast arrival on your payment?.....So get back to me after shipment..

Thanks...

Yes.....I have contacted FedEx and USPS as well for the mistake and they informed me that everything has been in order.....So make sure you Print out and sign 3 copies of the Proforma Invoice and insert it inside the shipping box and as well print out 1 copy of the attached label then paste it on the box of the package too before dropping it off at the FedEx station given to you. Kindly get back to me immediately after you have sent out the package through FedEx. It's nice doing business with you.

Also don't forget to email USPS the shipping tracking # after mailing out the package for verification in order to make fast delivery of your money okay....Hope this is advisable for fast arrival on your payment?.....I hope you understand this now?....So get back to me after shipment..

Thanks......Hope to hear from you after shipment..

Regards....

Okay.....I have contact my fedEx manager regarding this and he informed me that everything will be in order.....So all you need to do for me now is to contact me once you receive the package so that i can forward you another shipping information since there is an error with the shipping address on the shipping document i sent to you.....So i will like to forward you a new address so that the package can be sent asap....Also i contacted US postal service that they need to verified on the shipment of the item and they said that they have already seen that....So once you email them with the new shipment tracking # your postal money order will be deliver immediately.......I hope you can understand this now?...

Thanks.....Hope to hear from you after receiving the item.

Regards..

Thanks for your reply.......I quite understand you....But just make sure you contact me once you receive the package back so that i can forward you another fedEx shipping pre-paid document since i have make another payment to my fedEx account......So just make sure you let me know once you receive it so that i can forward you the new address of where the item will be shipped to.

Thanks...

Hello xxxxx,
Sorry for the late reply, i am out of state i just came home this morning. I won't be able to use Fedex anymore so i have contacted my UPS manager to arrange a shipping prepaid document for you to print and aswell tape on the package before dropping it off at the nearest UPS station TODAY. Hope to hear back from you as soon as possible. Thanks

Hello xxxxx,

Just writting to know if you receive the UPS shipping document i emailled you now?....If so kindly make sure you drop off the item today at their drop box station i sent to you.....also email united states postal service (USPS) the shipment tracking # for verification in order to make fast delivery of your postal payment.....Also I just contact USPS now regarding your postal payment and they informed me that the only thing they need from you for postal order delivery is the shipment tracking # so that they can mail out your payment today and notify you of the delivery time they will come an carry out your payment to your contact address on their file.....So pls make sure you drop off the item since you already know that this item is going to my brother schooling abroad has gift......

Thanks.....Hope to hear from you after shipment..

Regards..

Ojueje.

Yeah.....I have forwarded your address to United States Postal Service for verification......So your payment will be delivered to this address, please verify if this address is correcet:

If so kindly make sure you ship out the item Today and email USPS the shipment tracking # for verification in order to make fast delivery of your money okay......So once you email them the shipment tracking # and they tracked an confirmed that the item has been shipped, your postal money order will be dlivery to your contact address on their file....I hope you understand this now?

Thanks.....Hope to hear from you after shipment.

Regards..

Ojueje.

Yes, the address is correct.....Just make sure you drop it off at UPS drop box before their latest pickup time which is 4:15pm today and email me immediately you drop off the item so that i can contact united states postal service as well that the shipment has been made in order to make fast delivery of you money.

Thanks

I am very glad for being kindness with me over this transaction....So may God help you in whatever you do....So this is just to inform you that, i have a little problem concerning my brother schooling abroad regarding the Laptop his using.... he said that the laptop has been broken and he will need one from me and as you already know that am a very busy man.....So i would be glad if you can help me out for this and the only help i need from you is, if you can help me get 1 laptop that the amount will be at least $700 so that i can make another payment of $750 in order for you to get a proper packaging materials for the item and as you already know that the shipping cost will be made through my account....So please let me know if you can get it today so that i can procceed with the payment in order for your payment to be delivered once to you......I hope you can help me out with this?..

Thanks......May God Help You.

Regards..

Ojueje.

Once again, this is just to inform you that i will be out of town tomorrow evening......So i would be glad to know if you can get me the laptop today so that it can be shipped out today and as well for me to contact United states postal service to procceed with another payment of $750 so that the payment can be delivered to you once....So please let me know what you think about this, so that i can procceed with the payment asap.

Thanks.....Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards..

Ojueje.

Thanks for your reply......I quite understand you, but i want you to understand something......I told you earlier that am very busy at this time......So i would be glad if you can buy me a laptop from your hand and email me immediately you do that so that i can procceed with another payment of $750 so that the money can be delivered to you once.......So please do that for me since i don't have enough time to do that over here.......I have already contacted United states postal service to arrange another payment of $750 so you will be notify by them that the payment has been proccess and verified....So let me know when you get the laptop so that i can email you the shipping doument......I hope you understand this now?

Thanks......hope to hear from you soon.

Regards..

Ojueje.

Beware with this address [email protected] this is the FAKE one. This is his mail box.
After scam me with the psp, he was trying to scam me again by buying for him a laptop.

He is F*** Nigeria scammer I ever see.(Sorry for my language).
This is the shipping label he sent to me.
Image[/img]

#4083 by Ralph Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:26 pm
Hi and welcome, yes, that is definately a scam

Take a look at This search result which shows another example of this scammer at work

#4084 by Dan Jones Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:46 pm
Sorry to hear you lost your psp toomyzoom. It's a horrid thing to say, but be thankful that's all you lost before catching on. Some people lose hundreds of thousands.

It looks like he's using a stolen shipping account. Did you actually receive a money order/cheque?

If you did or do. Do not cash it. It will be a fake and would have led to an overpayment scam.

Unfortunately, you are now a known victim. You should be on the look out for the numerous scams that will now pop up in your inbox. One of the nastiest being the money recovery scam. File all these scams to delete.

You can read up on most scam formats HERE

#4086 by toomyzoom Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:31 pm
I don't think I will be received the money order because this mail box [email protected] was answered by the scammer. So it's not a real one.

After scamming me in that week, he was also trying to scam me again with the laptop but he didn't know I knew he is a scammer. Scammers are always avoiding any direct contact, so if you are contact with someone you don't know like this one, avoiding him/her. Don't regret because you found a "good" buyer/seller because you will never receive anything from them except your loss and anger. Try to avoid anything like money order, wire money, shipping... only accept face to face buyer/seller and in this case, you should go with some body can protect you.

Once again, if you try to sell anything, just accept face to face buyer/seller. If someone send you an email and tell you they cannot contact you through phone or meeting, permanent avoid them and try to ask them like "May i talk with you through phone or meeting?", if they avoid or reason something like "Oh, my phone broke" or something like that, stop contact immediately before you lose anything. Don't try to fool because the prices they give you, you will never receive that, NEVER.

If I talk something you don't understand, please post reply right there, I will try to answer your questions.

Always check email addresses or something you feel malicious on google before contact with them, you should vigilant and cautious.

Have a good day. :D

#4087 by Bubbles Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:05 pm
toomyzoom,I am sorry for your loss. Good for you to have spotted the scam with the second item.

While the scammer you dealt with didn't want to talk on the phone, some scammers DO want to talk on the phone with their intended victim. They see it as a way to be more convincing to their victims.

This scammer probably knew that his accent or command of the language he claims to speak is not that good and would have given him away.

It is important with any transaction to be cautious. Scammers often offer to over pay for an item or to compensate for inconvience. Most legitimate buyers try to drive the price down, not up. Scammers use forged checks and nonexistant money to trap their victims.

Please beware that you may be targed by someone who will claim to be able to recover your lost funds or the game system. That too will be a scam.

I am glad you found us, but sorry for the circumstances that brought you here.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.

#4091 by toomyzoom Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:05 pm
Yes, I think the safest way is face to face (cash only) be sure to check that is not fake money :D. You must meet the seller/buyer you pay/sell for.

Like Bubbles said: "Most legitimate buyers try to drive the price down, not up", beware with them.

That's all.