Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#32870 by Ralph Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:49 am
We were in agreeance all along, I just like to be completely clear, I would hate to see somebody being scammed after taking some very well intentioned advice in a way it wasn't intended. ;)
Advertisement

#57337 by waixiew Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:39 pm
hey guys and girls. I'm a new comer... i'm having a problem now....
i found another website, named mobile world (stoke) limited, what's the different between (stoke) and without (stoke) ??

the link is here >>http://mobileworldstokeltd.webnode.com/

And i have already check in ukdata, the address and company name is valid there...and also i have search few details as below

http://ukdata.com/company/05708538/MOBILE-WORLD-(STOKE)-LIMITED
http://www.company-check.co.uk/company/05708538
http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/0d46c4262f671001bb7a50ffaa026c4d/compdetails

in Conclusion, the company there is valid, address is valid too...
i go on maps.google.com and search, this is my result >>>
http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=10656995486489984375&q=250+UTTOXETER+ROAD,++LONGTON,++ST3+5QL&hl=en&ved=0CBIQ-gswAA&sa=X&ei=C1MLTtfIGMvrlAWLo9DNBA

the result show the address is a mobile shop name Mobile World....

is this information reliable... i am going on searching few companies,,,since 2 months ago... this company that i can get most info... so...should i go for it ??

or anyone can help me to get more??? :laugh-s:

on the other hand, if the company is real, and the address is correct... i don't even know the guy which i dealing with is real or not.... :oh-joy:

his name Willie Carter
he gaves me his numbers and company numbers... but those numbers is different of what i can see in ukdata, company check , companieshouse website.... maybe i need some helps of calling to those number.... :bondage:

Really thanks for scamwarners, i have learn a lots here... so i hope this mobile world is a real Mobile World :D
#57345 by Justin Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:02 pm
Hello waixiew!

The website http://mobileworldstokeltd.webnode.com/ is a free subdomain of http://www.webnode.com/
and is appears to be a fake website piggy backing on a real company to me.

From the website

Mobileworldstokeltd
250 UTTOXETER ROAD,
LONGTON,
ST3 5QL

+(44) 7031845049. +(44) 7031990050.

These numbers that start with 447 are UK redirect numbers. The numbers redirect to a mobile anywhere in the world.

Because of the free website and the re-direct numbers which are very suspicious I would be skeptical. What was he trying to sell you?

Edit also these contact emails are .tk another which is another free hoster.

#57380 by waixiew Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:01 am
thanks for replying me... :bowdown:

the guys mailed me the payment details..

Thanks for the full interest you have in our company product and services for purchasing our products.

Here are the order you are to receive:-
1 UNIT Apple iphone 4G 32GB (White) .
1 COMPANY T-SHIRT.
1 COMPANY PEN.

Ship to the address below: Please Review Your Address Below.
FULL NAME : Cxxxx Kxxxx Wxxx
ADDRESS : 12 Jxxxx Sekolxx
CITY : Jxxx,
ZIP CODE: 30020
STATE : Ixxxh Pxxxk
UNIT(S): 1(one)
PHONE No : +6016-xxx2685

We make shipment through FedEx shipping company, and we use 48hrs home delivery services with immediate information & monitored.
We give 1 year warranty for every product sold out to our clients. Our cell phones company class 1 tested and approved by global standard organization of wireless industries, new plant UNLOCKED 100% Unlocked with complete accessories.

Here are the company Accountant payment details via Western Union below:
RECEIVERS NAME: LINDA HERALD
ADDRESS: 250 UTTOXETER ROAD,
CITY: LONGTON,
STATE: STOKE ON TRENT
ZIP CODE: ST3 5QL

Amount for 1unit of Apple iPhone 4G 32GB IS $340.00 USD
SHIPMENT COST IS $20.00 USD

Total amount you are to pay is $360.00 USD.

When you're done with the payment, kindly get back to us with the payment informations such as:

MTCN NUMBER:
SENDERS NAME:
AMOUNT YOU SEND/CURRENCY.

In other to be able to confirm your payment online before we ship out the Apple iphone to you .

1. Shipping company Bill means of obtaining
2. Official accounts of the company and receive
3. Tracking the number of packages #.

Hope to have long term business relationship with you and your friends.
Thank you in anticipation.

SALES MANAGER.
Contact Number: +44(0)7031845049.
+44(0)7949315357.

0843020612 .

We Deal To Serve You Better !.
Mobile World (stoke) Limited .

can anyone teach me how to identify the name LINDA HERALD is the right person??? and the numbers... can anyone help me to make a calls for identify it ??? lol

0843020612 is this a real number ??? :oh-joy:
#57389 by shahbazroxxxx Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:34 am
Sir before sending the money we just did all investigation but we didnt saw this forum or this link .. or ne thing

we have send 3000$ to mobile world stoke we have depostied it into there bank .. so sir we just want to know sir
is he scamming us .. because he is recieving our call and is attending to us he is telling that the money have not reach to the bank account yet as swift code transfer has been done . ithink today it will reach the bank so sir i just want to know if he scam us how we will recieve our money back .! can we lodge a police complaint against him as i have a good friend in uk london .!
so i just want to know how can we get our money back if we didnt recive our goods or else .!! thanks ..!

plzz reply his name is willie carter and he is from .. uk i will give his detials below ..

WILLIE CARTER.
SALES MANAGER
Contact Number: +44(0)7031845049.
+44(0)7949315357.

We Deal To Serve You Better !.
Mobile World (stoke) Limited.
#57406 by waixiew Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:06 am
u have already made the payment ???

ooops... i don't know what to do too.... but i still haven paid them yet.... i hope some helps on this... please.. :beer:

shahbazroxxxx,
if you receive the product, kindly leave a message here too, to proof that he is reliable.
#57418 by Justin Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:40 am
Ok the email asking for a Western Union payment seals the deal this is 100% a scam. No legitimate company ask for payment via Western Union.

shahbazroxxxxIt sounds like you may have payed through a bank transfer? Go to your bank imeadiatly and cancel the payment. I am positive this is a scam. I'm glad you found this thread.

Upon furthure investigation it looks like this is just a recycled version of the same scam this thread was originally started about. He is spamming tons of websites with ads about his fake company.

#57424 by shahbazroxxxx Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:59 am
@ above friends

sir i have done all the payment on 24th of june .. and i called him today he recieved the call
he told me that the payment is not shown to its bank account means it is not reflected into his bank account ..
but we have shown him the confirmation slip .. so what do you all ppl think .. is he really talking good or telling lie .!

and we are on this situation now that we have taken money as a loan from our friends this is not that that was our money we tooked money from others .. and we are at very big problem .. so plzz ne body from uk who can help us lodging policee complaint or any member who can feel guilty for us and help us plzz ..

we are in need .. for help ..
#57426 by Justin Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:12 am
Yes I am sorry to say he is lying to you. Ok first please tell me how you made the payment. Was it through a bank to bank transfer or through Western Union or Money Gram? That will determine your chances of getting you money back.

#57449 by waixiew Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:46 pm
i'm sory to hear that.. :( . what we can do now is, port to ukdata, and blacklist his company....

i wonder why this kind of ""company"" can get a registration number... for my opinion, the gouverment should have some sport-check on them with the address registered... :arrow:
#57450 by Justin Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:51 pm
The company is real the scammer is just using the real company name and address in his scam to make himself look more legit. This is very common among scammers.

We will work on getting the scammers fake site shut down.

#57452 by waixiew Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:15 pm
Justin... as what u said above.... then i get another way to proof the Willie Carter...

Actually i do see a numbers of Mobile World

example link
http://waixiew.com/owndata/mobile%20world.jpg

at google maps
http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=10656995486489984375&q=250+UTTOXETER+ROAD,++LONGTON,++ST3+5QL&hl=en&ved=0CBIQ-gswAA&sa=X&ei=C1MLTtfIGMvrlAWLo9DNBA

Justin, do some zoom in, and u can have a clear look of that number, 01782 596105 ?... do help to make a call to the place there and double check with the guy, Willie Carter whether is a real staff on that... i do trus what Google maps do....
#57460 by Justin Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:01 pm
Ok let me try and clarify this little better.

Mobile World is a real company located
250 Uttoxeter Road, Stoke-on-Trent ST3 5QL, United Kingdom

Their phone number is
+44 1782 596105

They have been registered since 2006 They do not appear to have a website I can find. My guess is they are a small one location Mobile Phone shop. This is not the company you are communicating with.

Willie Carter is a scammer and is using the real company to legitimize his scam.

-He used a free web hoster to make a fake site using the real companies information to legitimize his scam.
-He is selling $600+ iPhones for $300 and giving you a free one if you buy 2. This offer sounds too good to be true that is because it is.
-He is posting his advertisement everywhere on the internet to try and lure people in. All ads are free adds
-He is asking for payment via Western Union which is tell tell sign of a scammer and NOT a legitimate business.
-He is using free email addresses not directly associated with his website's domain.
-He is using +447 numbers which are UK redirect numbers that can be forwarded to any where in the world.

These are all tell tell signs of common scams. Please do not send him money and do not maintain communications with him. He is just trying to steal your money.

shahbazroxxxx If you sent money via Western Union I am afraid it is gone forever. If you sent money through a bank to bank transfer you may be able to reverse the transaction. You need to go to your bank and explain the situation imeadietly.