Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#3959 by Ralph Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:05 am
The following email came from [email protected] it is of course a scam email designed to steal your money.

You could prove this for yourself in most cases with a few google searches.

Just because I like finding proof and showing how it can be done, below are a few search results

The phone number "447045741699"
The law firm "Smith Benson & Sprawson Solicitors"
Here is the real lawyer details
Smith Brown & Sprawson
46 High Street South
Dunstable
Bedfordshire
LU6 3HE | View map
Tel: 01582 601233
An exact searh on the address "15, Jessops Riverside Brightside Lane"

Lastly, the opening line of the email Last and Final Notification of Your Bequest Congratulation!

Senior Advocate / Principal Attorney.
Smith Benson & Sprawson Solicitors
15, Jessops Riverside Brightside Lane
Sheffield S9 2RX
United Kingdom
Tel # :+44 704 574 1699
Email: [email protected]
ATTENTION BENEFICIARY!!
Last and Final Notification of Your Bequest Congratulation!
On behalf of the Trustees and Executor of the estate of Late Engr. Roland Carpenter, I once again try to notify you as my earlier letter to you through the Post Office was returned undelivered,therefore I now attempt to reach you via your email address as it appears to be the next and the only option left unexplored.
My client, Engr. Roland Carpenter (late), made you a beneficiary in his will, he left a sum of Three Million one Hundred United State Dollars (US$3.000.100.00) to you in the codicil and last testament to his will. My client, Engr Roland Carpenter was a pioneer member of STRABAG CONSTRUCTION CO.LTD,a dedicated Christian and also a Philanthropist.
He died on the 15th day of March 2007 at the age of 82 and his Will is now ready for execution. Please If I reach you as I am hopeful I will, endeavor you to get back to me as soon as possible to enable me conclude my job.According to him this money is to support humanitarian/ philanthropic activities and to help the poor and the needy in our society.
In order to confirm that it is the intended person I have on the WILL that got this, I want you to re-confirm the following details to enable me cross-check the data on the WILL in my records. Your Full Names________________________Address ________________________________________Telephone _________________Fax __________Age ________________Occupation________________
Once again, I congratulate you for this is a significant honor indeed as it behooves you therefore to act at once to avoid risk of forfeiture to the deceased family.
Yours in Service,
SMITH BENSON (MANAGING PARTNER)
Smith Benson & Sprawson Solicitors

Oh, there is always time for one more search

exact search on this unusual line "honor indeed as it behooves you"

Here s another on the very unusual dollar amount US$3.000.100.00
Advertisement