Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#4007 by benjamin Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:57 pm
This is a follow-up scam. If you have received this you have probably been scammed, or an attempt has been made to scam you, using a different name previously. If you look through the forum you will see many similar scams. I'm afraid a complete stranger sending you an email saying you have a cheque for 2.5 million, and it being true, is just not going to happen. You are just one of thousands that will have received the same email.

Good Day,

I RECEIVED YOUR MAIL, ALTHOUGH, I HAVE BEEN SINCE ADVISED TO BE ATTENTIVE TO YOU AS SOON AS YOU ARE READY TO MAKE COLLECTION OF THE CHEQUE/MONEY SUM OF USD $2.5M, WHICH BELONGS TO YOU.

BE NOTIFIED THAT WHAT AM HAVING FOR YOU THIS WAY IS NOT CASH MONEY BUT A CERTIFIED CHEQUE HENCE IT CAN NOT BE TRANSFERRED TO YOU THROUGH BANK TRANSFER.

NOW, LET ME KNOW WHICH MEANS YOU MAY WANT TO HAVE THIS CHEQUE, WOULD YOU WANT TO VISIT ME AND I CAN HAND IT OVER TO YOU DIRECTLY BY HAND, IF SO, YOU ARE WELCOME, FOR I WILL BE TAKING CARE OF YOU THROUGH OUT YOUR SHUT DAYS STAY (HOSPITALITY), AS YOU DECIDE ON THIS, LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU ARE VISITING AND YOUR FULL TRAVELING SCHEDULE.

FOR BELLOW IS MY FULL ADDRESS INFORMATION,
A1 Close, Flt 14.
Festac Town Lagos.

OR IF YOU CAN NOT MAKE THE TRAVELING, WHICH MEANS IN THE ALTERNATIVE, I HAVE TO GET THE CHEQUE DELIVERED DOWN TO YOU VIA TRUSTED DHL COURIER SERVICE, WITH WHICH YOU WILL HAVE TO RECONFIRM AND FORWARD DOWN TO ME YOUR FULL RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS INFORMATION TO LET THE COURIER SERVICE HAVE THE CHEQUE DISPATCHED TO YOUR DESTINATION WITH OUT MISTAKE OF ADDRESS INFORMATION, AND ALSO MAKE AVIALABLE TO ME YOUR PHONE NUMBER.

IF I HAVE MADE MY SELF VERY CLEAR TO YOU, THEN ON RECEIPT OF THIS MAIL CALL ME ON 234-80807-18171, AND ALSO, MAIL BACK URGENTLY, DECIDING ALONG WITH ME, WHICH EVER WAY YOU MAY PREFER WANTING IT DONE.

THANKS,
Mr.Marcel Paul.

When all efforts to extract money from you have failed or dried up, the scam takes a nasty turn - they ask you to open a bank account. There are two reasons for this is. One, that they either want to 'flash' it, i.e. pay in a transfer or cheque into your account, that will turn out to be fraudulent, generally after you have wired them some fees, and you will be left owing the bank for the whole amount.
Secondly, they are actually asking for your username and password. Well, I hope nobody would give that to someone they have never even met. That is just a recipe for financial disaster.
In respect to my meeting with your attorney thursday on the financing of the
release of your trust account with natwest bank London.,I will advise you to
follow my instruction and open an account online with the two banks as directed
below.

The first bank is called Amtrust Bank. It is one of the best investment banks
in US. We maintain corporate account with www.amtrustdirect.com and we can only
remit money to amtrustdirect account holders or ING.

The name of the account you are required to open is called e-Money Market
Account. The account can be opened with $1 (One Dollar).

The second bank website is www.ingdirect.com It is one of the best investment
banks in US too. We have corporate account with ING.

The name of the account you are required to open here is called Electric
Orange. That is what ING call the account.

If you open the account, you are required to provide the log in details which
will enable us have online access to the account. The log in details includes
the user name and password. New account will take 4 weeks to mature for
deposit. Open and fund your new account with at least $1 (One Dollar).

Please make sure that you link the new ING account with any of your existing
checking or savings account.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
Advertisement