Scams operating under the guise of a charity.
#4464 by John DeLaney Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:21 am
Hello Friend,

My name is Mrs. Emily Colburn. I am a dying woman who has decided to donate what I have to charity through you.You may be wondering why I chose you. But someone has to be chosen.I am 59 years old and was diagnosed for cancer about 2 years ago,years after the death of my husband who had left me everything he worked for.I have decided to donate from what I have inherited from my late husband to charity through you for the good work of humanity,rather than allow my relatives to use my husbands hard earned funds inappropriately.

I am presently in London waiting for an operation and praying that I survive. I have decided to WILL/Donate the sum of US$6.3 Million (Six Million, Three hundred thousand united state dollars) of my husband investment in to charity through you for the good work of humanity, and to help the motherless,less privileged and also for the assistance of the widows. At the moment I cannot take any telephone calls, due to the fact that I have been restricted by my doctor from taking telephone calls because I deserve all the rest I can get before the operation.

Presently,I have informed my lawyer about my decision in WILLING this fund to charity through you. I wish you all the best of luck, and please use the funds well as I want it to be a seed i have sown and always extend the good work to others.If you are interested in carrying out this task,i will inform my Family Lawyer so that he can arrange the release of the funds to you. You may wonder, why dont i call the the many charity group and donate the fund to them, that is the more reason i have contacted you, there is a little logistic work to be done, and it involves direct dealing with the bank and providing the necessary logistics for the transfer of the fund before the final donation, for this reason and owning to the fact that my health is bad to carry out all this i have deceided to contact you, in reward, you shall take 20% of the fund while the rest will be donated to various charities.

NB: I will appreciate your utmost confidentiality in this matter until the task is accomplished,as I dont want anything that will Jeopardize my last wish, due to the fact that I do not want relatives or family members standing in the way of my last wish. If you are wiling to help in this course kindly reply to this email to enable my lawyer contact you.

Love,
Emily Colburn

Its my pleasure to receive your mail. I know that your reply to my request for assistance in respecting to reaching out to the poor and the needy is not a mistake. And I pray you will be granted the grace and wisdom to complete this task even as my life hang in a balance.

Please know that am fully aware of the distance that separate us, My decision to contact you, and reach out to people in your country through you is as a result of my strong conviction that we are all one. I fully know you will be surprise receiving my mail, since we have not meet or spoken to each other, "Why me"? You might have being asking yourself. But I want you to know that God works in a miraculous way and you may just found out how important it was that I contact you. Because if am not wrong, you might have had in your mind helping the poor but with no means to do so.

Do you know that there are millions are there who have not eaten for days? And there are several millions widows and children who have no home or future? And there are many now living with HIV and have no money to get life drugs, these are the people I want us to reach out to. With you logistic contribution and my financial contribution, we can put a smile in the face of these people and if not write our name in the Book of this World but in the Book of the World beyond.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If I am not for others, what am I? And if not now, when?"
"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do."
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see."
"Make it a rule…never to lie down at night without being able to say, "I have made one human being at least a little wiser, a little happier or a little better this day."
"Goodness is the only investment that never fails."
"Down in their hearts, wise men know this truth: the only way to help yourself is to help others."
"The bread in your cupboard belongs to the hungry man; the coat hanging unused in your closet belongs to the man who needs it; the shoes rotting in your closet belong to the man who has none; the money which you hoard in the bank belongs to the poor. You do wrong to everyone you could help, but fail to help."

These wise words has made up my mind. My Husband died, when it was time for us to reap the fruit of our labour, now all is left for me, having no children, I have made up my mind to make these hungry people, the homeless benefactors of my family labour. So I want you to accept this task and help people around you and you country. And if you have greater grace you can reach out to people outside your country like I have reached out to you.

As regards the fund, It is deposited with a Bank. I have contacted my husband's attorney, the person of Mr. White Ryland, He will be working with you, handling all legal aspect of the transaction of the fund, till the fund gets to you. His contact are.

Mr. White Ryland
Principal Attorney
White Ryland Solicitors
54 Goldhawk Road
Shepherds Bush
London W12 2BR
ENGLAND.
Tel: +44 704 571 5922
Fax: +44 870 974 2524
Email: [email protected]

I have informed him about you, so he will contact you with further details and send you the necessary document, while you wait for his contact, I need your prayers for forgiveness, and long life and please why you discharge these duties I want it be between the parties involve only, as a good heart does not need to speak, but be felt. I want you to please work hand in hand with my lawyer and give him your full co-operation so that this mission can be achieved within the shortest period of time than expected. Thank you once again for your will to assist me in this mission
Emily Colburn

John DeLaney
Advertisement