Scams operating under the guise of a charity.
#6135 by Ralph Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:27 am
This email was sent from [email protected] , a disposable email address that would have been used to send many of these same emails as I recieved, you will notice down lower in the email he has provided a different email address that is because he knows the email address he has sent the email from will have a short life.

In effect this one is little different to your regular advanced fee fraud, in this case the scammer says he will provide the money and give you a tidy sum for your trouble in getting his money to the needy, of course there will need to be a fee paid by you for unforseen circumstances, each fee will be followed by another, the scammer may say that he is helping you by paying some of the fees for you, in this case a second charactor will be introduced to the scam, it may be a banker or lawyer or maybe a priest who for some reason works in a bank rather than the usual church like most priests, this will be the person you are to send money to, of course it is the same original person who contacted you so when he tells you he is paying some of the fees for you, he in fact is paying nothing, its him still.

Of course the money he speaks of does not exist, it never did, the only money involved here is yours, keep it in your own hands and not the scammers :wink:

Message / Dr. Tellervo Bergroth (Mrs)

Dear,
I am contacting you to let you know my desire to establish a charity foundation in your country with this sum of: £4.500.000 (Four million five hundred thousand British pounds) which I inherited from my late husband (Dr.Tord Bergroth)

It is my desire to see that this money is invested to any business/organization of your choice in your country and distributed each year among the charity organizations, motherless baby's home, mosques, churches, Schools, supporting destitute aged men and women or whatever you may have in mind that will be to the benefit of the less fortunate.

I took this decision to hand over this benevolence (funds) to you as I am currently hospitalize here in Abidjan where I am undergoing treatment for my cerebrovascular disease (stroke) and treatments for my up coming breast cancer surgery operation.

Please reply as soon as possible with your bellow information's, so that I will give you all the relevant information that will authorise the release and transfer of the money to you as my duly assigned representative.

1. FULL NAMES:
2. ADDRESS:
3. SEX:
4. AGE:
5. MARITAL STATUS:
6. OCCUPATION:
7. E-MAIL ADDRESS:
8. TELEPHONE NUMBER:
9. CELL PHONE NUMBER:
10. NATIONALITY:

Please reply ONLY at my home email address below for privacy purposes:
Email: [email protected]