Scams operating under the guise of a charity.
#61385 by dand Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:30 pm
These links are provided on Linkedin by one Catherine Hislop presenting herself as the President and/or founder of these orgs. She claimed to be based in the UK but NONE of them show up in The Charity Commission for the UK and Wales. The "founder" claims to be a British female, but the language on her blogs and websites is very broken English. One site claims to be supporting abused women, another abused children, and one blog just says fighting abuse. Ultimately they all ask that you "invest" in a micro lending group. Through linkedin I emailed her directly and ask what bank they were affilited with and for UK government agencies that recongnized them. In responce I was emailed a tirade on how they were in 27 countries and were helping fight abuse. One of the associates she list on a website is talked about in a scamwarners thread. Most of her supporting "facts" links are to a Buy Gold website that will post any claim any nutbag former alien starship trooper wants to post.

Does anyone else have any knowlege of Katherine Hislop or these "charities"? Where am I most likely to find official confirmation this is a scam, or how best to investigate myself? Scam charities really tick me off, and I hate to see this and the other scams that are appearing in the linkedin Think Tank group gain any legitimacy on that site.

Thanks for any assistance

Woman's Global Justice Group
Global Unity Harmony Foundation
World Art Games
and these as affilitations:

Empowerment Champion for East of England for Inspire East.
On the NVCO forum for change and participaiting in change.
On the Communities of Practice discussion forum.
On Central England Forum for Equalities for the CAB.
On the Herts and Beds cluster group fro social policy for CAB
On Watford and Three Rivers Domestic Voilence forum.
On steering group for Herts Equality Council.
On the Watford Trustees Charity Network, ( was on steering group that set his up.)
On Vunerable Adult Group for Watford.
My main goal is to put a stop to Child Abuse, Trafficking and all kinds of voilence, i know that this is a tall order, but i beliefe if we all work together we can make this happpen. As people are the biggest resourse that we have.
Advertisement

#61392 by Katharina Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:23 pm
Welcome dand,
and thank you for this warning. Please add the link to the website and any email addresses you may have got so we can look into this issue.
#61777 by dand Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:22 am
BTW, also from the samed linkedin group

http://www.delagostti-industries.com/bombshelters.html

beside offering to build bombshelters, the will also power it with

E2E Tech is the best commercial electric power system now available on earth ! Near. Zero Emissions. Highest profit margins compared to ALL other existing...

E2E Tech = The Creation of Electric Energy in LARGE amounts via the sole use of Electric Energy.

:wink: Electric energy MADE USING ELECTRIC ENERGY!

This poster Sarah DeLagostti, writes with the same broken, unfathomable English, and also recommends buying..You Got It, Gold, and sends you to a website that will do that.

I'm begining to suspect these two are the same person or a team.

At least this one is just abusing idiots, not using scam charities.
#61876 by began steele Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:50 am
It is impossible to get Linked in profiles removed. I have tried. You get back some mal fitted customer service letter back that fails to adresss what was actually informed of and requested. As for the website about the buildings, crap English and pie in the sky ideas and mis information. What useful purpose half of it serves I just don't know. The geology section in that context is rubbish. Mountain areas vary so much and rocks are always faulted and distorted and downright difficult. Swiss tunnels are similar.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#61904 by dand Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:23 am
Perhaps there is another thread on scamwarmers that addresses my next question and if anyone know of it please direct me.

Would I be setting myself up for a libel suit if I start posting these same general concerns on their Think Tank group, or maybe even start my on Scam Group on Linkedin? I'm pretty sure they would cut and run, and I'd like to start of small and give them more rope to hang themselves, but come on, this stuff is just too silly not to take a run at. And they will snag a few fools. I've been thinking of getting a premium linkedin account anyway just for some of the contacts and it would be a shame not to have a little fun..... :D
#61927 by began steele Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:40 am
No it probably wouldn't be libel, if they even know how to find you. In the UK at least you can turn round and say that it wasn't libel because the statements made were true and honest to your belief

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.