Scams operating under the guise of a charity.
Advertisement

#2649 by ChrisSmith Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:30 am
The article is dated 2004. Just after this:

http://www.nwlaborpress.org/2004/2-6-04SM2.html

I must add that the article was written by an "ex-girlfriend" and so may be slightly biased. :lol: It does seem that UAS had a lot of complaints against them but they are all 2003-2004.

But that said, I can't find any evidence of this company still operating and it may have dissolved. Certainly, I would expect to find recently dated complaints somewhere on the net if this company was still operating in the manner that the original article states. But there's nothing.

This would lead me to believe that you'd be wasting your time trying to take it further based on the article above. Of course, it is possible that the company has reformed under a different name but you'd have to dig for yourself to discover if that is the case.

If your concern is just regarding the "leukemia" claim, I'd say it's a total waste of time trying to pursue it further. As the claimant obviously bears a grudge, there's no way of telling if she is telling the truth or just trying to get revenge.

#2652 by laverdadx100 Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:59 pm
Full quote of post directly above deleted - SP

Snipped. Tom.

I am more interested in fiding out if that person actually collected money for an alleged son that died of Leukemia. Being an active member of Leukemia society and having two close relatives that died of leukemia I find what was allegedly done despicable. But that name Myers sounds familiar.

#2653 by benjamin Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:30 am
As the person seems to be a real person in the USA, your best bet may be to contact others that have posted about him or his company, There are vast amounts of research to do in something like this, and other people may have already done that research. Searching on Google ike this, including the ""
"company name" scam
narrows down the results to potentially useful posts by other people.

#2654 by laverdadx100 Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:04 am
Full quote of post directly above deleted - SP

Snipped. Tom.

Fraud is also a good word to put in as we;; as scam.

The person I am investigating has also worked for Premier mortgage which also has over 100 counts of alleged fraud either convictions or law suits.

And their are things that I have found out. I am inclined to believe the ex-girlfriend more than I am to believe him. I just need a way to confirm her story. Oh the company United air restoration is now a financial investment company. URIP InvestmentsLMFAO.

#2668 by GomerPyle Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:28 am
Could a MOD disable that webwarper link please as clicking it prompts an .exe file to try to load up on your pc.

Do not click the link

:shock:

"WebWarper service is developed by and belongs to SIAMS Company. Our cordinates are the following:
Vysotskogo 6-425, Ekaterinburg,
Russia, 620072,
e-mail: [email protected]"

WebWarper: Internet Optimizer WebWarper is a multifunctional Internet service ... WebWarper also protects from viruses, anonymizes (hides user visits to ...

... and would undoubtedly make me irresistable to women - as if that's possible. :D

#2672 by Tom Sanders Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:39 am
Hi.

I removed the warp links; they were making us uneasy.
#3700 by richard4464 Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:32 pm
Urgent:REPLY: yOUR FUNDS WILL BE READY FOR DELIVERY BY TOMORROW.
Add contact Add contact
Sent:
Thu 6/19/08 6:50 AM
To:
richard franklin ([email protected])

Richard,

You have my number and I believe that I have done you more good than I have done for any body else regards this payment. I beleive that the diplomats must have contacted you by now because I found out that they had a stop over in UK before continue to America.

Meanwhile, since they do not have to waste time their bceause of other things they have to do, I strongly advice that you follow their instructions.
As a civil servant, I have many jobs on my table to attend to, so it will be on your own best interest to receive the diplomats if you have not yet.

My goverenmnet being a new government that was sworn in on 29 May of 2007 can wake up one day and decide to cancell further payment to our foreign beneficiaries.And also, do not allow the diplomats to come back with the consignment because if this happens, consignment will be pushed to our treasury dept. and if this happens, it will be long before it can come up for payment again.

I am waiting to hear from you urgently,

Regards,
Remi Babalola. can anybody help tell me if this is real or fake please get back to me @ [email protected] thank you

#3701 by Dan Jones Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:38 pm
Sounds 100% scam mate, but post more info if you want definitive proof.

Whatever you do, do not send any money.

I will email now, but an experienced warner may want to as well. Just in case i mess it up.

#3703 by Ralph Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:54 am
Newdonym may not have the scamwarners title under his name, but that doesn't mean he cant smell a scam.

Yes it is a scam, I think THIS LINK will prove it.

There is a ministry of finance and the name "Remi Babalola", is actually a member of that organisation, it is not at all uncommon for scammers to use the name and details of a legitimate person so make their scam look more legitimate, it is however very unusual that somebody from that organisation would email you out of the blue to tell you they have money to send you.

100% scam, as mentioned, dont send any money. cease all communication

One last thing, it's entirely up to you but we dont recommend leaving your email address listed publicly, yes I know, I have done it myself, but I have a full understanding of scams and the risk of me falling to a scam is by far outweighed by the chance of being able to help someone by having my email address listed