Scams operating under the guise of a charity.
#155839 by YOLLY Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:45 am
BEFORE ANYTHING THANKS GUYS I LEARN A LOT ABOUT THIS SCAMMERS AND HOW TO IDENTIFIED THEM.WELL MY BEST FIREND IS CHATING WITH A GUY FROM NEW JERSEY HE IS A VERY UNDERSTANDING MAN.THE JUST STARTED THEIR FRIENSHIP.I CHECK ALL I CAN ABOUT HIM AND I COULD NOT FIND ANYTHING.AS HE TOLD HER HE IS DIVORCED AND HAVE A 10 YEARS BOY LIVING WITH HIM.IT SEENS STRANGE TO ME THAT THEY ONLY HAVE TALK FOR COUPLE DAYS AND HE ASK HER FOR HELP HER IN A CHARITY HE IS INVOLVE CANCER ASSOCIATION,GETTING FOUNDS TO THEM.SO HE SAID THAT HE RECEIVE DONATIONS AND DISTIBUTE THEM,HE ASK HER TO GIVE HIM HER NAME AND ADDRESS SO HE GONNA START SENDING THIS DONATIONS TO HER,SO SHE DISTRIBUTE THEM,BUT THE DONATIONS ARE CHECKS THAT SHE HAVE TO DEPOSITE ON HER OWN BANK ACC,AND THEM HE SEND A LIST LIST WITH THE NAMES OF THE PERSONS SHE HAVE TO SEND DONATIONS.HE SAID IS COMPLETLY LEGAL BUT I DONT KNOW SOMETHING DONT GO IN THIS PICTURE SO TOLD HER TO GET TIME UNTIL I RECEIVE AN ANSWER FROM YOU GUYS.HIS NAME IS TREVOR MCPHERSON HE IS 50 YEARS,LIVE IN JERSEY.WORKS WITH THE GOV,EVERYTHING WITH HIM LOOKS NORMAL BUT DONT SURE ABOUT HIM
Advertisement

#155858 by began steele Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:53 am
Yolly .This is a money laundering scam and the checks are not real they are fake.It can take a few months for a check to clear. Scammer wants to get fake check paid in and cash drawn out before it is cleared and that money sent by western Union to somone else. That check will bounce and the scammer has the money sent and your friend has to repay bank. Tell your friend to cash no check and they must never send money to someone on a computer. That scammer mentions money transfer by Western Union and that is ALWAYS A SCAM. There is no charity only the scammer telling lies. All the other people who are mentioned may be people caught into a fake job scam and are laundering stolen money. I need link to scammer, or website information, and email address and will hunt him down and put him on line here.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#155908 by Dotti Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:59 am
To add to what Began said:

Most people think that if the bank gives you the money, then a check has cleared. It has NOT. Banks have to give you the money in a certain number of days because it's the laws, so if they haven't discovered the check is fake or stolen, they would give her the money.

BUT, the same law also allows the bank to take the money back later when they do discover the check is bad. And if she has taken the money out and sent it, she will owe the money to the bank herself. They will not be able to find the person she sent the money to, as they are using fake information, so she will be responsible for everything. And they can charge her fees for the bad deposits. PLUS, they can call the police, and have her arrested for check fraud, and report to her credit record so that no bank lets her have a bank account too!

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.