Scams operating under the guise of a charity.
#172753 by Faizan Docherty Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:47 am
This scammer is attaching the news story to obfuscate the scam message so it will get through the spam filters.

ipTRACKERonline.com wrote:Header Analysis Quick Report<br>Originating IP: 206.33.105.11<br>Originating ISP: The Boston Globe<br> City: n/a<br>Country of Origin: United States<br>* For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline

Delivered-To: <snipped>
Received: by 10.220.163.7 with SMTP id y7csp149678vcx;
Mon, 29 Jul 2013 05:52:38 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 10.224.67.8 with SMTP id p8mr52954703qai.5.1375102358190;
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from bubba.boston.com (bubba.boston.com. [206.33.105.41])
by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id c7si7182564qac.149.2013.07.29.05.52.37
for <multiple recipients>
(version=TLSv1 cipher=RC4-SHA bits=128/128);
Received-SPF: neutral (google.com: 206.33.105.41 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of [email protected]) client-ip=206.33.105.41;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
spf=neutral (google.com: 206.33.105.41 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of [email protected]) [email protected]
Received: from mailhost.boston.com (unknown [206.33.105.11])
by bubba.boston.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 15224FB79;
Mon, 29 Jul 2013 08:52:36 -0400 (EDT)
Received: from simontemplar (simontemplar.ad.boston.com [10.1.37.1])
by mailhost.boston.com (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id IAA06078;
Mon, 29 Jul 2013 08:51:50 -0400
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 08:51:42 -0400 (EDT)
To: <snipped>
Message-ID: <30492644.1272601375102302933.JavaMail.nobody@mailhost>
Subject: Can I give you this trust ?
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-Mailer: ColdFusion 8 Application Server

This story has been sent to you from
http://www.telegram.com by [email protected] (sandra mbame)
Comments from sandra mbame:
Hello My name is Mrs Sandra Mbame, widow to late John Mbame .I am suffering from Cancer of the breast.Since my doctor said i can't live more than 4 months again.I will want you to claim my funds(Twenty million United States dollars and help my only son as well distribute part of it to the charity.The funds are in a Finance Firm in Europe.I will give you 20% of the total fund for your assistance. 1. Can you handle this project? 2. Can I give you this trust ? I wait your response for more details. Mrs Sandra Mbame,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
November 06. 2012 5:57AM

Central Mass. House seats dominated by GOP

ELECTION NET BLOG

OK, tomorrow is Election Day.

I get that.

Now enough with all the advertising please.

Actually, the candidates and other political players of Election 2012 have gone well beyond conventional advertising to achieve a full-bore assault on the voting and non-voting public, using every conceivable media sector: Web, smartphone apps, radio, TV, voicemail, email, social media, and probably a few others.

But I'm getting ahead of myself; more complaining about that later.

In Central Massachusetts, the political landscape has changed.

In this overwhelmingly Democratic state, this region's suburbs, for the most part, are now pretty well dominated by Republicans, at least at the most granular legislative level — House districts.

This is the first election in at least two decades in which many, if not most, House races in our area feature entrenched Republican incumbents, GOP incumbents who are favorites, and vigorous Republican challengers for seats that have been in Democratic hands for years.

Conversely, it is the first time in recent memory when many of the feisty challengers are actually Democrats.

On the state Senate side, there has not been nearly as much of what former Vice President Al Gore used to call a “paradigm shift,” or a sweeping change in the way of looking at things.
While a couple of Republicans — namely Auburn Selectman Steven Simonian, who is running against Sen. Michael Moore, D-Millbury, and Dean Cavaretta of Stow, the opponent of Democratic Sen. Jamie Eldridge of Acton — have run credible campaigns, just about every Senate seat will stay Democratic.

Not so with the House seats.

Here is one more rundown on how they look going into the final hours of the big election.

In the 2nd Franklin District, GOP upstart Susannah Whipps Lee of Athol looks to have the edge over Democratic Rep. Denise Andrews of Orange and independent Richard F. Schober Jr. of Templeton.

Dead heat between Rep. Steven Levy, R-Marlboro, and Danielle Gregoire, a Marlboro Democrat and former rep, in the 4th Middlesex.

Rep. Carolyn Dykema, D-Holliston, appears to be successfully fighting off an active challenge from Republican Marty Lamb of Holliston, a former candidate for Congress, in the 8th Middlesex.

Rep. Richard Bastien, R-Gardner, has an impressively feisty young opponent in Democrat Jonathan Zlotnik in the 2nd Worcester. Bastien looks to have the edge, but it might be slimmer than many think.

In the 4th Worcester, which comprises the city of Leominster, Democratic Rep. Dennis Rosa has a tough foe in Republican Justin Brooks. Let's move this one into the too-close-to-call category.

Rep. Peter Durant, R-Spencer, could get knocked off by Democrat Kathleen Walker of Charlton in the 6th Worcester. Or not. This one is close, too.

Some observers give the edge in the 8th Worcester to Democrat Robert Dubois of Blackstone, who is challenging Rep. Kevin Kuros, R-Uxbridge. Another tight race.

In the city of Worcester, Democratic incumbents haven't lost to Republicans in decades, and that trend will nearly certainly continue.

Rep. James O'Day, D-West Boylston, should fend off his GOP opponent, Bill McCarthy, of Worcester, and independent Winthrop Handy, of West Boylson, in the 14th Worcester.

In the 15th Worcester, Democrat Mary Keefe is the huge favorite for an open seat against Republican Brian O'Malley.

Twenty-six-year incumbent Rep. John Binienda, D-Worcester, looks to hold on for a 14th term in the 17th Worcester in the face of a vigorous challenge from Republican Bill LeBeau of Leicester.

Finally, GOP Rep. Ryan Fattman of Sutton, appears to be well ahead of his Democratic opponent, Donald Bourque of Webster, in their 18th Worcester race.

For the record, there are also six unopposed Republican state reps in Central Massachusetts, six unopposed Democratic reps, five unopposed Democratic senators, and one unopposed Republican Governor's Councilor.

If the phone rings....
As for advertising, for several election cycles now, a particularly intrusive (for some) political merchandising tool has been the “robo-call.”

These automated phone calls are made either by someone nationally famous or locally known calling on behalf of a candidate. Or it is the candidate himself or herself on the other end of the pre-recorded call.

Over the weekend, many Central Massachusetts residents (this one included), got robo-calls from Gary Johnson, a Libertarian candidate for president. One of his tactics is to bombard news reporters with calls.

Another robo-notable is Pat Boone, a 60's crooner and family values icon who has made calls for Republican U.S. Sen. Scott Brown in recent days, in yet another sign of the national spotlight on Brown's race with Democrat Elizabeth Warren.

Considerably sexier as a political surrogate is Hollywood actor and Cambridge native Matt Damon, who has been dialing for his fellow Cantabrigian, Ms. Warren, a Harvard Law School professor.

Some Worcester locals in and around this city had this to say today about their contacts from various candidates' campaign apparatus:

Anne Johnson, 55, a librarian at the Worcester Public Library, said she has received a lot of phone calls and door-to-door visits from people campaigning for both Brown and Warren, but mostly Brown.

Johnson said state Rep. James O'Day, D-Worcester, knocked on her door, and she got a live phone call from someone campaigning for William McCarthy, O'Day's GOP opponent. She said she gets a political flier in the mail every other day, adding that she thinks all this stuff has no effect and people are going to vote for who they really like anyway.

Andrew Rivera, a 26-year-old unemployed Worcester resident, said he has received robo-calls and flyers in the mail, but no door-to-door visits from any campaign.

Rivera said he also fielded a live call from Mitt Romney's campaign, and from both Brown's and Warren's campaigns, but more from the Brown side.

None of this has had an effect.

He said he is voting Democratic all the way.

P.S. Thanks to telegram.com interns for helping out with the man/woman on the street interviews.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Order the Telegram & Gazette, delivered daily to your home or office! http://www.telegram.com/homedelivery

Please DO NOT tell a scammer that he has been posted here!

If you wish you can email me at
faizandocherty @ scamwarners [dot] com

How do I find email headers???

How to analyze an email header.
Advertisement