Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#146612 by KAM Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:58 pm
Hello Scamwarners, thank you for sharing the information on your website. The scams are clearly too good to be true, but are relentless. The 2 attempt scams I have had today, 24/01/2013 are from the following

[email protected] . This scammer offers to buy the car and as he is a marine engineer, etc, as with other posts. He wants a gift for his brother in law...and suggests PAY PAL payment, even helpfully teaches the seller how to set up an account. How kind

The second is from [email protected] who suggests I send my car to Valencia and he will arrange the transportation and add the money to the account to cover the procedure. Again so helpful

No luck guys! :lol:
Advertisement

#146637 by TerranceBoyce Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:32 pm
Two things I notice about marine engineers/oceanographers is that they're very generous and rather stupid, in that they only want to buy cars when they're out at sea.

Of course that's only because this story enables an internet scammer to explain his 'problems'. People at sea buying cars unseen as presents is so unlikely it's wisest to just ignore anyone telling this tale.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#147521 by KAM Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:55 pm
Thank you, yes, I know the scam well, another just in too....

Thanks for your response.Im Mr (Alex Mike) from USA I'm ok with the price and condition you gave me and i will be paying through paypal(http://www.paypal.com).. So i will be paying directly into your PayPal account without any delay, and i hope you have a paypal account and if not you can easily create your PayPal account on their website at http://www.paypal.com and send me your PayPal email for the payment,You do not have to bother yourself about the shipping. I'll instruct a Shipping Co Agent to come for pick up at your door,when i must have pay you and here is my details below to show you that am seriously interested in your Car

Alex Mike
Address:lot 104 woodland terrace,
City: Morgantown
State: West Virginia
Date of Birth:
11-01-1960

So kindly get back to me with your PayPal details like this below

Full Name:
PayPal Email:
Phone Number:
Amount:

As soon as i receive this details from you, i will proceed with the
payment immediately and i have already arrange for a private shipping
agents that will come for the pick up of the item at your house door
step and they will take care of the picking up document including the
full information to pick up the item at your house door step. So I
will need your home address as soon as the payment is made to you.

AUTO TRADER seems to be a good target at the moment..
:=)
#147958 by niccoops Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:00 pm
I have had this exact same email today (31/01/2013) from Alex Mike, offering to buy my car! Thought it was too good to be true so typed his details in the search engine and found this, thank you, definitely a scam.

Bad people!!
#170961 by borjaspain Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:31 am
Hello, introduce myself, my name is Borja and I'm from Spain. Forgive but I can not speak very well English, I helped Google Translate.

1 week ago put on sale on a Spanish website for Second hand items a guitar amp Peavey 5150, and three days ago a gentleman named Alex Mike told me he was interested, send us a couple of E-mails and the last one told me he sent me this:

/________________________________________________/
Thanks for your response.Im Mr (Alex Mike) from USA I'm ok with the price and condition you gave me and i will be paying through paypal(http://www.paypal.com).. So i will be paying directly into your PayPal account without any delay, and i hope you have a paypal account and if not you can easily create your PayPal account on their website at http://www.paypal.com and send me your PayPal email for the payment,You do not have to bother yourself about the shipping. I'll instruct a Shipping Co Agent to come for pick up at your door,when i must have pay you and here is my details below to show you that am seriously interested in your Item

Mr Alex Mike
Address:lot 104 woodland terrace,
Date of Birth:
11-01-1960

Full Name:
PayPal Email:
Phone Number:
Amount:

will need your home address as soon as the payment is made to you..

Thanks

/_________________________________________/

The truth is that I found it all very quickly and gave me many facilities, I have never sold anything out of Spain so usually when I want to report someone put their name on Google and usually get information about that person, but not Alex Mike nothing came only thing is found on this post on this forum.

I sent an e-mail telling Alex Mike to tell me more personal data etc, but good just hope that this helps to take away more questions, and sorry if I created more doubts hehehe.
#170966 by borjaspain Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:56 am
Hello, me again...i got new information about this Gentleman.

I send him this E-mail:

Heey mike, you understand I've been telling a little about yourself, I'm pretty wary when it comes to selling in PistonHeads. I have read several web pages and it turns out I found a man who received the same e-mail that I have received today but you will want to buy your car.

I have read about people stealing major credit cards and shop with the money, then the bank withdraw money.

I need to know more about you before I give you my paypal account numbers etc. .. I've never sold anything out of Spain and I'm a little unsure.

And he answer me:

Hello,

For you to be rest assured that i dont take what does not belong to me, here is my international passport

Thanks

He sent me a picture with his passport....i copied the Passport number (200364888) and i found this page:
http://resources.alibaba.com/topic/801163710/SCAM_COMPANIES__SCRAP_IT_LTD_PLASTIC_RECYCLED_UK_LIMITED.htm

Resume of this page:

PLASTIC RECYCLED UK LIMITED

391 BENTON ROAD

FOUR LANE ENDS

NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE

NORTHUMBERLAND

NE7 7EE

Company No. 05137344

Tel:+447045729542 fax:+447005729542

Mike Anderson

[email protected]

Money Gramm o Wetern Union

First Name:Donald

Last Name: Willians

Street:391 Benton Road Four Lane Ends Newacstle upon Tyne

City:Northumberland

Zip code:NE7 7EE

PASSPORT NUMBER: 200364888
SCRAP IT LTD
19 ELIZABETH ROAD
NEWARK NOTTS
UNITED KINGDOM NG24 4NP
Company No. 07014364
Office Phone : +442036080255,
Cell:+447466897082
Fax+44788424900

Email: [email protected]
http://www.scrapitcompanyltd.com

Seller : John Lee
Scrap It ltd [email protected]

Money Gramm o Wetern Union
First Name: Patrick
Last Name: Fiston
Street: 19 Elizabeth Road
City: Newark Nott London.
Zip code: Ng24 4NP.

...do not you think that's suspicious?
#238619 by jctayabaz Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:10 am
Shit! It happened to me and grave him the personal detalles he was asking for. What should I do? Cancel the PayPal account? By the way, nos actual mame is John Lewis.

Regards
#262718 by Salvador Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:22 am
Now mr Alex changed his name to John Lewis

Thanks for your response. Im Mr (John Lewis) from USA I'm ok with the price and condition you gave me and i will be paying through paypal (www.paypal.com).. So i will be paying directly into your PayPal account  without any delay, and i hope you have a paypal account and if not you can easily create your PayPal account on their website at www.paypal.com and send me your PayPal email for the payment,You do not have to bother yourself about the shipping. I'll instruct a Shipping Co Agent to come for pick up at your door,when i must have pay you and here is my details below to show you that am seriously interested in your Item

Mr John Lewis

Address:lot 104 woodland  terrace,

Date of Birth: 

11-01-1960

Full Name:

PayPal Email:

Phone Number:

Amount:

Home Address:

will need your home address as soon as the payment is made to you..
#280872 by Peter Banyai Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:45 am
Attention,He is a Scrammer!!

I have received message from him,he wanted to buy furniture from me.
He has got a new name:Mark Janet, :lol: Morgantown,West Virginia.
Unreal speech:"Satisfied with the conditions,price bla-bla-bla.He will be paying by paypal and hopes that I have paypal account If not open one and will be paid immediately.
Bullshit.....Who is that idiot who buy an unseen product from overseas.
And he also mentioned that he has a shipping company and they will take care of the delivery just he need the address.

BE CAREFUL,ONLYsell products for cash,ONLY CASH&ONLY ON THE SPOT!!! :twisted:
#282125 by Quarryninja Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:24 pm
Hey guys,

I'm from Mexico, and I just recieved the exact same email yesterday regarding a car I'm selling (Except this time his name is Muhammed Ruka).

I did in fact sent him the PayPal payment request but nothing else... I figured there's no way he can scam me with only that, right? We'll see what happens.
#362352 by apbtmaxx Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:36 pm
Hi!!! I'm from Argentina and i just received this email:

Gracias por su respuesta. Im Sr. (John Lewis) de los EEUU Estoy bien con el precio y la condición que usted me dio y pagaré a través de paypal (http://www.paypal.com) .. Así que estaré pagando directamente en su cuenta de PayPal sin ninguna demora, y espero que usted tenga una cuenta paypal y si no usted puede crear fácilmente su cuenta de PayPal en su Web site en http://www.paypal.com y enviarme su email de PayPal para el pago, usted no tiene que preocuparse sobre el envío. Voy a instruir a un agente de transporte marítimo para venir a recoger a su puerta, cuando debo tener que pagar y aquí están mis detalles a continuación para mostrar que estoy seriamente interesado en su artículo

Sr. John Lewis
Dirección: lot 104 woodland terrace,
Localidad: Morgantown
Estado: West Virginia
País: EE.UU.
Fecha de nacimiento:
11-01-1960

Tan amablemente vuelva a mí con sus detalles de PayPal como esto abajo

Nombre completo:
E-mail de Paypal:
Número de teléfono:
Cantidad :
Direccion de casa:

Tan pronto como reciba estos detalles de usted, procederé con el
pago inmediato y ya tengo arreglos para un envío privado
agentes que vendrán para la recogida del artículo en la puerta de su casa
paso y se encargarán del documento de recogida, incluido el
información completa para recoger el artículo en el paso de la puerta de su casa. Así que
necesitará su dirección de casa tan pronto como el pago se haga a usted.

So, seems like the same scammer changing names and try to scam people, what do you think about this?
Last edited by AlanJones on Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed email sent to scammer