Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#270316 by jazzuxd Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:11 am
Hello,
I ll post about scams that happens on Linkedin atm.
Someone claiming to be a senoir bank manager of well known UEA Bank sends a msg about opportunity to become heir to a deceased/killed/missing person who had no heir. Real person data are given, scan of seemingly legal documents and even phone numbers with correct area codes.

x-store-info:SmXCjkY1Un5L3qlTmewTw2528Vzv4BD3oVwPqvwx6IvjjEdpJLuHYf1z7fFuZfkvvOeZfJqITKsd5Mg2YQzjKTSqBuY0hDFdno1pDTAEdjivXWcUSfE0anPH/Jiwqa16WzF9Id9MZU8=
Authentication-Results: hotmail.com; spf=pass (sender IP is 209.85.213.193; identity alignment result is pass and alignment mode is relaxed) [email protected]; dkim=pass (identity alignment result is pass and alignment mode is relaxed) header.d=gmail.com; x-hmca=pass [email protected]
X-SID-PRA: [email protected]

Sender IP was mentioned in other post here on forum, that is why I was able to find this forums and add this warning.

Second mail I received:
Hello Krzysiek,

Thank you for giving me the audience to write you about my proposal, like I told you in my message to you on Linkedin my name is Mr. Mohammed Asghar. I am a Bank Officer in Al Khan, United Arab Emirates. I contacted you in regards to an opportunity in my office that will be of an immense benefit to both of us. I have been in search of someone with the last name (Raczynski) in your country for this business transaction that I am about to explain to you, so when I saw your contact details online, I was pushed to contact you and see how best we can assist each other. I believe it is the wish of Allah for me to come across you now.

I am the account officer of One Peter Raczynski, from your country, a Foreign Oil Consultant/Contractor with OIL AND NATURAL GAS INDUSTRY, who unfortunately lost his life in the earth quake disaster that happened in the off Coast of Central Chile on the 27th of February 2010 that killed over 800 people. He was in Chile on a business trip and that was how He met his untimely end. Before his death Peter had a fixed deposit with my bank valued at US$26,700,000.00 (Twenty Six Million, Seven Hundred Thousand US Dollars) in 2008 for 72 calendar months and the due date for the fixed deposit was on the 23rd of October 2014. Peter did not mention any Next of Kin/ Heir when the account was opened, and he was not married and no children.

Personally, I have been unsuccessful in locating his relatives for the past 2 years. Last week my Bank Management requested that Peter should give instructions on what to do about his funds, if to renew the contract. I know this will happen and that is why I have been looking for a means to handle the situation, because if my Bank Directors happens to know that Peter is dead and do not have any Heir, they will take the funds for their personal use, so I don't want such to happen. That was why when I saw your contact on Linkedin. I was happy and I am now seeking your co-operation to present you as Next of Kin/ Heir to the account, since you have the same last name with him and my bank head quarters will release the account to you. There is no risk involved; the transaction will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of law.

It is better that we claim the money, than allowing the Bank Directors to take it, they are rich already. I am not a greedy person, so I am suggesting we share the funds equal, 50/50% to both parties, my share will assist me to start my own company which has been my dream. Let me know your mind on this and please do treat this information as TOP SECRET.

Anticipating your communication.

Regards,

Asghar.
Advertisement

#299937 by Regina Phalange Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:51 am
Hi everyone,

So I connected with someone I don't know on Linkedin and received the below message to my personal email afterward. It sounded fishy so I just copy/pasted the message in Google and came across this page. Sure enough, the diction and syntax of the writing matches up pretty well, so I'll just assume it's a scam. I will not continue this correspondence, but just wanted to let others know that these messages seem like stock...

~Ms. Phalange
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for accepting my invitation on linkedin. My name is Mr. Jayakumar Menon, I am the Senior Accounts & Finance Manager at Bank of Sharjah United Arab Emirates (U.A.E). I am writing you in regards to an opportunity in my bank which will be of an immense benefit to both of us. It is about your last name (my last name here).

I could not explain my purpose of contacting you via linkedin for security reasons. That is why i had to write you through my private email. I will share further information with you only if you promise to keep what i am about to tell you a secret.

I look forward with eager anticipation of hearing from you.
Allah bless you.

Regards,
Menon.
#299939 by AlanJones Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:03 am
Thanks for posting, can you post the email address that the scammer is now using. Other victims may be searching for it.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.