Information on romance scams and scammers.
#281377 by Geek4life Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:13 pm
Please, I could really use some help. I was contacted on kik by a random "girl" who began talking very sexually to me, eventually we traded pictures which was a big mistake. They searched me up on facebook, and threatened to send the pictures to not only my gf but to her friends. This would be absolutely devastating for all parties involved. They want me to send them money via paypal, and I just can't/won't. Is there a way to ensure that they can't contact any of the parties? I know I made the mistake of sending a photo, but I can't do this.
Advertisement

#281379 by Bryon Williams Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:18 pm
Make your FB private and remove the scammer from your friends.

Cancel your kik account.

Do not send any money.

Ignore all contact with the scammer and do reply to any of their messages.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#281381 by Terminator5 Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:19 pm
Don't pay them any money . Report the Blackmail to your police department .

Daniel 8 :25
#281383 by Geek4life Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:23 pm
Is there a way to stop them from actually contacting the people they threatened me with contacting?
#281384 by Bryon Williams Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:30 pm
Chances are they will not. They will move on to a complying victim.

However, there is a chance. You may have to tell your friends that you have made a mistake.

If you do pay, you will continue to pay until you are broke or stop paying.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#281385 by Terminator5 Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:32 pm
There is no way to stop them from contacting the other people , if they have their details . Its better that you should explain to them that you are a victim of a blackmail scam .

#281388 by Geek4life Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:36 pm
I'm sure they would understand if I'm being scammed, but the content of what they're threatening to send, would destroy my relationship. I don't know what to do. I made a horrible mistake.
#281391 by Terminator5 Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:44 pm
Well giving in to their demands to "Pay Them" will NOT solve it . They will only pump you for more and more . Did they give you an email address to paypal them at ? Maybe you could private message whatever details they have given you and we could look into it . Their maybe more victims out there . Im sure they've done this before .

#281392 by Geek4life Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:50 pm
They did give me an email, however, I canceled my kik, and deactivated my facebook to make as much info of mine and the other peoples as safe as possible. I'm terrified they may still have another way to get it.
#281399 by Geek4life Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:56 pm
I appreciate the extra help. I went there and followed all of their steps to avoid this. So far they've been unable to contact me, and they haven't contacted one of the people on the list, so far it seems to be working. Hope it continues, and thanks for all the help.
#281400 by Terminator5 Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:26 pm
Excellent . Great news .

#283772 by Steefenn Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:28 am
i was recently a victim of the same thing, a girl sent me pictures and i made the stupid mistake of replying with one of my own, she found my facebook and treatened to send it to people on there, since then i have made my facebook private only to friends on every level and deactivated my kik account, is there any other measures i should take?
#283773 by Terminator5 Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:42 am
You should follow the directions already given in the thread , and also consider not sending out potentially embarrassing photos to strangers you just met on the internet . We've seen a huge increase in blackmail scams on this site.

Thanks for posting .

#283792 by Steefenn Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:05 pm
Hey updat I have done everything posted in the tread so far and last night the "girl" I talked to asides she's "hit me up" today and so far no sign of them, hopefully this will continue, I can only pray, thanks for the generous advice, and I will, without a doubt, be more careful and sensitive to the material I send strangers on the Internet