Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#278363 by monstermartha Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:38 pm
This has me all kinds of confused but I didn't fall for it one bit. I knew it was a scam. This guy posed as military and said all this. I find it SICKENING and it's disturbing.

He sent me THIS message on GOOGLE HANGOUTS
His name JOHN MARTINS.

It took me time to think properly Martha, before resolving to give you this information because of the spate of things here at the moment. You may have seen on the news, the predicament of Gen. David Petraeus. This is a very important information, so I do not want you let anybody know about this please. I think i can confide in you.

Last week, I and my troops were on a raid in the northern part of Syria. It happened that in one of the buildings that were occupied by the Taliban which we stormed, we found huge raw cash hidden under the ground. At first we thought it was a dream, but when I touched the money, believe me, they were real U.S. dollars hidden in boxes.

The money is believed to be made from drug deals, which were intended to be used for financing terrorist attacks. I knew this is a blessing from God. I am very happy my friend, because I know that this treasure of our lives is to change us for better, for ever and ever. I am repeating this again. No one has to know about this please. The money was shared among all officers that witnessed the operation that day, so there is no problem at all. You don't have anything to worry about. I give you 100% assurance that everything is OK.

My share of the money ($45,000,000.00 USD) is now safely hidden in my base, but I am afraid that, if I should take off now, people will become suspicious.

I want to trust you and I want to beg you not to betray me. I have therefore come to the conclusion that, I want to send the money out of here enclosed in a secured metal box. This is because there is no way i can transfer this money to you by bank from Syria, without calling into questioning, how i got this money.

We are sending some soldiers to assist in Africa, but their first point of call would be the United Nations Peacekeeping Center in Ghana for induction, so I intend to send the box through same military flight, in collaboration with the Overseas Diplomatic Delivery Service.

As soon as the box arrives Ghana, a United Nations Diplomat will be mandated to deliver the box to you in your country. Please note that we must not allow the UN Diplomat know the actual content of the box, because I have code - locked the box and declared its content as personal valuables.

I am willing to give you 20% of the entire money if you can help me with this, then I will invest the balance on a business in your country.

. I took a picture while the money was being shared among the witnessing officers, but for security reasons, I never wanted to show up on the picture. This is just for you to confirm what I am telling you now. I send to you if you so desire to see for your confirmation

I think this is a great opportunity for us, and please please please, I always want this very confidential. Don't tell anyone for security reasons and for my safety. I want to trust you with the hope that you will never betray me.

I will be waiting to hear from you, so that I can know what to do next.

Best regards,

So I replied it was a SCAM PHOTO obviously PHOTOSHOPPED. He replies with this...

You must be a very stupid woman to think without using your brain. Can you photo shopped this kind of photo. Did you look the photo closely.

At this point I was laughing. I replied to STOP calling me STUPID... and that I knew it was a scam. A week or more pass then today he messages me this...

Why are you been wicked to me. I told you my son is in the intensive about to go for surgery on a fracture in is cervical vertebrate in the UK but the doctor needs a deposit of 4000pounds. Please i can do any transactions here in the camp. I need you receive my box in order to send money to the doctor and also the total cost of the surgery. Please help me

WHEN DID HE SAY THAT?!?!?! :shock:

So I reply to him that I am disabled... which I am and that I do not want to get involved in his scheme to please leave me alone. He wouldn't stop. Kept begging. Finally I told him I was going to report him... and he said this...

i will find you

Which kind of scares me. :(

Advice?
Advertisement

#278365 by Mike Wilson Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:55 pm
Hello,
This is common "trunk box" scam from these pretend soldiers. The best thing to do now is to go silent, do not answer any emails or telephone calls from this scammer and he will eventually go away and look for another victim.
It is all about stealing money with the least amount of effort possible so their is little for you to worry about.

If you have any additional questions please ask.

ETA: Please mark the photos with "Used by Scammer" or something similar and repost. Thanks

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon