Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#307169 by SCAMFIGHTER717 Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:09 am
A friend of mine got a phone call today from "The IRS Collection Dept" she was really nervous and called me to ask me about it. I told her give me the number and let me call it. I know first hand the IRS does not call you from a call center they send you a letter in the mail.
So I go ahead and call the number (775) 461-5032 and a man with a heavy indian accent answers, judging by the background nosie it sounds like like they have a call center going on or boiler room. They claimed they were in Nevada and the phone call was very clear which leads me to believe they are conducting the scam from the US.
The "IRS COLLECTION AGENT" then proceeds to ask me my name and I gave him a fake name he then tells me "oh yes you owe $1600 from unpaid taxes from 2009-2014" then he proceeds to tell me to hold then transfers me to another man with a heavy Indian accent who said my file had been escalted and that they would be press criminal charges on me and would seize my assets he said if I went to court I would have to pay $30,000. So i asked him what did I need to do, he told me I had to take cash to a money gram. I told him ok he told me to stay on the line. I didnt stay on any longer, I called him out on the scam and he cursed me out and hung up. Beware of this number and other potential IRS scams.
Advertisement