Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#321208 by FakeGriffon Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:03 pm
I'm new to collecting scam emails and reporting it, but I found two (or two found me) that I wonder if they are from the same person. Different email addresses, but they both go by the same human name of Miss Amanda Holmes.

First email:

Subject: THE BLESSINGS OF 2017.

"Miss. Amanda Holmes" < [email protected] >
To:
No recipient address
Date:
Mar 4, 2017 8:36:59 AM

THE BLESSINGS OF 2017.
PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE ATTACHMENT TO SEE THE BLESSING OF 2017.

Attachments:
Dear Email Owner Or Fund Beneficiary. doc

Note to others who may have recieved something like this: DO NOT OPEN THE ATTACHMENT. From my experience and from common reports, the document is a virus in disguise. I wasn't able to get much further to find out what exactly it was, but it's a rule of thumb when dealing with these sorts of emails. I may be wrong for this case, but I don't want to open it if it is.

Subject: YOUR NOTIFICATION EMAIL IS 100% REAL.

"Miss. Amanda Holmes" < [email protected] >

Date:
Mar 4, 2017 11:32:35 AM
CONTACT NAME: MISS. AMANDA HOLMES
POSITION HELD: PAYMENT RELEASE OFFICER
DIRECT TELEPHONE: +27 (0) 78 482 4450
EMAIL ADDRESS: [email protected]

ATTENTION: DEAR BENEFICIARY,

According to our confirmation from our Central DATA System in our African Payment Booklet, we are very much proud to inform you that you are the rightful winner of an amount of $280,000.00 USD (Two Hundred and Eighty Thousand United States Dollars Only) which you gained from South African Human Rights Commission (SAHRC), United Nations (UN) and International Monetary Fund Agency (IMF).

YOUR WINNING DETAILS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
PASSWORD NUMBER: 339331
ALLOCATION NUMBER: 674632
REFERENCE NUMBER: 35460021
SECRET CODE NUMBER: XXTN013
FUND RELEASED CODE NUMBER: 0763
TELEX CONFIRMATION NUMBER: 1114433
CERTIFICATE OF MERIT PAYMENT NUMBER: 103

So in this regards, I want you to know that as you consider your claim, I will want you to also fasting the process which will introduce a better life for you and your entire family in this NEW YEAR 2017.

This is the third time your payment file has come to our table and every time an executive order will come from above ordering us that your fund should be recalled back to the World Bank Escrow account, without any genuine reason, but now our Payment Settlement System (PSS) has received another permanent Authority/Irrevocable Payment Release Order to pay you off your overdue payment of $280,000.00 USD (Two Hundred and Eighty Thousand United States Dollars Only). via ATM VISA Card or Bank to Bank Transfer.

Winners emerge through random selection of all active email subscribers and Facebook online users, ten (10) people are selected yearly to benefit from this prize and congratulation in 2017 you are one of the lucky winners. And this is why South African Human Rights Commission (SAHRC), United Nations (UN) and International Monetary Fund Agency (IMF), to investigate the unnecessary delay on your payment, recommended and approved in your favor. During the course of our investigation, we discovered with dismay that your payment has been unnecessarily delayed by corrupt officials who are trying to divert your funds into their own private accounts.

SO PLEASE FILL THE BELOW FORM AND CONTACT YOUR PAYOUT MANAGER IMMEDIATELY,
CONTACT NAMES: MISS. AMANDA HOLMES

FULL NAMES:.......................................................................
FULL ADDRESS:....................................................................
NATIONALITY:......................................................................
PROFESSION:.......................................................................
DATE OF BIRTH:...................................................................
COUNTRY OF RESIDENT:.......................................................
TELEPHONE NUMBER:...........................................................
MOBILE NUMBER:.................................................................
FAX NUMBER:......................................................................

Thank you so much for been part of our African Human Rights Commission (SAHRC), United Nations (UN) and International Monetary Fund Agency (IMF), program to eradicate poverty in the world in this NEW YEAR 2017.

Kind Regards,

MISS. AMANDA HOLMES

Ironically, I don't use Facebook. Also keep in mind, the text was in bold 20 point font so it was screaming in my face once I opened the email. I have a hunch these two are linked, so I put them together in one post.
Last edited by AlanJones on Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Removed Code.
Advertisement