Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#41516 by Con Warner Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:22 am
To: Con Warner
Sent: Thu, Nov 25, 2010 9:48 am
Subject: Guitar Lessons

Hello,
My name is Dr.Olson,i want to make an inquiry for my daughter who is coming for GUITAR lessons .Her name is Marlene.She is 18 years old.she is an easy going person, you will know more about her as time goes on.I have decided to allow her to come for the lesson on a time schedule we can work on or any time that you choose that will suit her as well.I want you to calculate the cost of 1 to 2 hours each day from Mon,Wed & Fri for the whole of a Month and send me the total cost .so get back to me with your cost.I have contacted someone that will be driving her around town during her stay even to the lesson venue. Don't hesitate to send me
any questions to my personal e-mail- [email protected] Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Dr.olson.

[email protected]

Hi
Sorry for the late Thanks for your quick response,i really appreciate it.I am willing to pay you the fee upfront so as to show seriousness about this class,but i want you to re-assure me that my daughter will improve on the lesson when you finish teaching her.I want you to teach her 1 hr session everyday as you said which is $400 for 4 weeks.She is a good girl and she learn easily but she is a fresher.

She will come over to your place with a Nanny who will take care of her during her stay and i will also rent an apartment for them. Do you have a meeting location or you will prefer teaching her in the apartment rented during the course?I would have loved to meet you face to face before she come but presently on a mission related to our Youth Congress commencing today .

However,I will instruct my business associate to issue out a certified or cashier's check worth of $2,000 to you on my behalf.Please bear with me with this.All you have to do is,once you get the check cashed you will deduct your teaching fee which is $400 and wire the remaining balance to the Nanny who is coming over with her,so they can use part of the money to pay for flight ticket,apartment and feeding and other necessary things that will be needed in order to enhance fast learning.these is the information you will need to send to me so that i can forward it to my business associate.

Name that will be written on check:
Address:
City:
State:
Zip code:
Phone number:
office number

I look forward to read from you as soon as possible .You can give me a call on my +447536170860 and you can leave a message if I am not available or you can text me

Regards and God bless!
Dr.Olson.

The scammer will send you a cheque for more than the amount owed. He will ask for the excess to be sent to the Nanny.
The cheque is fake or stolen. Eventually the bank will find that it's a bad cheque and you will be out of pocket.

Understand that even if your bank tells you that the cheque has cleared, it does
not mean they will take responsibility for it when it is returned. They are
required by law to give you access to money within a few days but later, when
the cheque goes to a clearance house or the original bank, the cheque will be
returned and you will be held responsible. It can take days, weeks, or even
months for the fraud to be discovered and you will be required to pay all of
the money back, regardless of who sent the cheque to you.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement