Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#324850 by Amiear Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:27 am
Good day

I have a friend that is staying in the UK.

I received a whatsapp from his phone number stating that he has been involved in a car accident and has been taken to the Columbia hospital in Malaysia. They have asked me to transfer 1500$ in order for them to treat him. He needs an operation urgently.

When i asked for the banking details they gave me a private banking details. I said to them this is not a hospital account and the response i got from them is "We sent u that to enable us get the money faster... Coz if i send u the hospital details as u requested they would want to confirm the money before anything"

i am so confused about this whole thing as i am not sure if my friend is really in trouble or is this just a scam where someone is using his contact number.

after i told them i dont have the money, i have been insulted on many of their responses.

Please assist me if possible in understanding what is the truth behind this saga.

i am desperate to get to the truth of this as if my friend is in trouble and i did not assist, i will feel guilty for the rest of my life.

Kind regards
Amie
Advertisement

#324851 by Terminator5 Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:31 am
Scam . They may have hacked or phished his WhatsApp.

This is a common scam when these criminals gain access to email and other accounts , they send out emergency messages to the contact list asking for money to be sent for various FAKE reasons .
Last edited by Terminator5 on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Daniel 8 :25
#324852 by AlanJones Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:33 am
As T5 said, it is a scam, if you send money then you won't see it again.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#324855 by Amiear Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:42 am
Terminator5 wrote:Scam . They may have hacked or phished his WhatsApp.

thank you for your reply. I had my doubts but could not understand how they messaging me all the time.

i also received a voice note from my friend, but cud not confirm if it is him as its not clear. This is so scary, now i am not sure if it was my friend that i was chatting to all this time before the accident saga.

regards
#324856 by Terminator5 Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:47 am
You can post or private message the account these scammers wanted money sent to . Im sure we can find additional scams .

Daniel 8 :25