Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#326401 by ArchiMac Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:58 pm
on April 25 I get the next message on bayt.com

"Salam

How are you, your family and professional life? Nice to be connected to your network as friends. I deem it fit to contact you after going through your profile on Bayt, regards to an important consultation. Actually, my company is into oil & gas (Petroleum Exploration) and am contacting you in regards to "supply contract", a contract project of my company in South Asia, Pakistan to be precise, which requires serious minded business individuals/company. My company, Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Company (KUFPEC) Kuwait, is presently seeking for the services of a reliable person/organization to contract as International Representative/Supply Agent, to handle the supply of the chemical (ViscoDril) required for the project. Please note that this contract might not distract you from your present work or employment (depending on your agreement with the supplier or manufacturing company) also you will have subordinates. I want to recommend you to my company for this position, let me know if you can handle a product supply contract, if you are interested I will link you to the Contract Department with a recommendation, for direct communication and to give you more details of the contract supply project and your expected role as an International Agent.confirm your interest by Sending me an email direct to my mailbox for more details; Shiekal-

Insha Allah,

Sheikh Al-Sabah
Chief Executive Officer
At Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Company (KUFPEC)"

made some research, but forget to add "scam" on this....

http://www.kufpec.com/

The company apparently have a legit webpage, well designed, responsive, with no blanks or 404 and full of information, and full of profiles on Bayt and LinkedIn.
Advertisement

#326402 by AlanJones Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:03 pm
The domain kufpec.com is a legitimate domain and not involved in the scam. The scammer has just stolen their identity. Were you provided with an email address?

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.