Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#332461 by MacGyver Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:08 pm
Hi together,
I have the some indications of scam but am not too sure about it. I got emails from a SOLICITOR regarding an inheritance, later with also quite credible looking "proof". A death certificate, the bar license and an affidavit of claim. The bureau really seems to exist... I saw it on streetview.

email adress: [email protected]
later mails with: [email protected]

First email:
Dear XYC,

My name is David Callum, legal counsel to the late Mr. Alex Wirtz, who lived and passed away in the United Kingdom. I was served a notice by the financial institution in relation to his abandoned investment to contact any member of his immediate or extended family, hence contacting you.

Yours sincerely,

David Callum, Esq.
Senior Counsel
H&F LEGAL SOLICITORS
Address: First Floor 233-235 Dalton Road
Barrow in Furness Cumbria LA14 1PQEngland
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This communication may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If received in error, please notify us.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
H&F Legal Ltd are Authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority -SRA ID: 606165

later:
Dear XYC,

To be sincere I don't have it in mind to request or demand any support from you, I know it not easy over there. Unfortunately according to the result of the Official Assessment Exercise, the total cost for the processing and acquisition of the four (4) important documents is £25,442.000 as against the unofficial Estimates of £10,500.00 given by the Probate Clerk during my inquiries.

This considerable difference in the estimate given to me by the Clerk and the actual Official Assessment result infuriates me so much that I had to confront the officer who gave me the estimate. The Officer pleaded with me to forgive him cause he forgot there was a recent up ward review of the pro rata basis used in calculating the Ad Valorem charges on deceased account balance.

However, it has not been easy raising funds through friends hence I could not written you since morning till I'm sure of my arrangements with friends and my bank. Well I have concluded with friends for a short term loan, I spoke to 2 of My good Mates yesterday about Assisting me with some funding and they have as at this Morning Credited £7,000.00 and £5,800.00. Respectively In my account which sums of about £12,800.00. I have also gotten APPROVAL From My Bank on the Overdraft Facility that I applied for. However Mam, a Bit of worry to this is that I actually applied for over Draft of About £20,000.00 which is but my bank (HSBC) Only approved £9,442.00. I was highly furious and angry and requested to know the reason why I am been SHORT CHANGED, and my bank’s Branch Manager explained to me that there is a good reason why they have to grant me £9,442.00 which rather than the £20,000.00 that I applied for .

He explicitly explained to me that the TOTAL or MAXIMUM amount of OVERDRAFT that my ACCOUNTS attracts PER ANNUM is £21,000.00 and since I have earlier applied and gotten £11,000.00 pounds that the only amount that can be approved for now is just £9,442.00 with an Interest of 2.3% per month. I am totally devastated based on this and as it is now, I don’t know what else to do. Alex, please help me try over there this 500EUR you mentioned is too small.

I've done the best I could and I hope you would understand my predicament.

Kind Regards,
David Callum
Phone: +44 7937187014
Advertisement

#332463 by Bryon Williams Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:12 pm
No one in the World gives away millions of dollars to a random stranger on the internet.

Just ignore and delete.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/