Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#333907 by migha Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:01 am
https://www.thewestergroup.org/
this program is in USA and says it partner with three universities in the city of Atlanta, Georgia:
1- Emory university 2- Georgia Tech university 3- Atlanta Tech university
so please how to be sure if it is scam or not
Advertisement

#333908 by AlanJones Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:34 am
It's a scam. They claim to have been in existence since 2008, but their website was only registered in May this year, by someone who is using a proxy service to hide their identity.

From the website:
THE WESTER GROUP STEPS PROGRAM
​(Emory University/Atlanta Tech Campuses)
1560 Metropolitan Pkwy SW
Atlanta, GA 30310
+1-202-774-7255 US Phone
[email protected]

President/Program Director
Dr. Anthony J. Wester
+1-704-564-8620 US Phone
WeChat: doctorrink
[email protected]

Director of Global Studies
Stanley Xiao
+1-202-774-7255 ext. 2 US Phone
+86-18610762374 China Phone (中国电话)
WeChat: thewester_group
[email protected]

Global Program Liaison
Jan Watanabe
+1-202-774-7255 ext. 15 US Phone
[email protected]

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#333909 by migha Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:11 am
thanks so much AlanJones for the help. I really do appreciate. I know their new website was registered in May but I saw old one in Chinese language. they renewed their website this year. and please what do you mean by using proxy to hide their identity? what can they hide with proxy?
only more question please
I have their whatsapp and if they are scam, they are not afraid to announce about their partnership with the three universities in their website, so anyone can communicate with the universities and know their fact?
and many thanks in advance
#333910 by AlanJones Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:27 am
Proxy means that they are not showing their real details in their domain registration. There is no reason for a legitimate business to do this. Scammer do it because they do not want victims to be able to find out where they are based or that they used made up details.

The scammers are relying on the fact that most victims will not make the effort to validate them with the universities.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#333911 by migha Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:35 am
AlanJones wrote:Proxy means that they are not showing their real details in their domain registration. There is no reason for a legitimate business to do this. Scammer do it because they do not want victims to be able to find out where they are based or that they used made up details.

The scammers are relying on the fact that most victims will not make the effort to validate them with the universities.

thanks so much AlanJones for letting me know. I understand now
#340435 by The Wester Group Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:27 am
Mod Note: This post was made by the scammer himself or an associate in order to continue his scams. He is trying to keep what victims he may have.

First of all our “claim” to be in existence has nothing to do with our one program in America. We have existed for several years in China. It recently through hard won contracts here in America launched a new program with its own website here in America. It would have taken anyone in your professional care to call or visit our offices to verify.
Secondly what “proxy” you speak of is lost on us. Our website was registered through Wix, one of the worlds largest website developers. Any proxies are theirs and bear no reflection on our identity or the voracity of our program.
Again, simple research would yield the truth here.
It is laughable that in your own registration model you ask registrants to “ agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening” language but you all do this yourselves with impunity with no care nor regard for the ransom damage you all do even one small scales to legitimate businesses.
You should be ashamed of yourselves and if you aren’t prepared to actually call/visit us to verify the lies you yourself propagate I would ask you to remove this libelous thread from your site and from google.
Thank you.
The Wester Group Legal Team

uote="AlanJones"]It's a scam. They claim to have been in existence since 2008, but their website was only registered in May this year, by someone who is using a proxy service to hide their identity.

From the website:
THE WESTER GROUP STEPS PROGRAM
​(Emory University/Atlanta Tech Campuses)
1560 Metropolitan Pkwy SW
Atlanta, GA 30310
+1-202-774-7255 US Phone
[email protected]

President/Program Director
Dr. Anthony J. Wester
+1-704-564-8620 US Phone
WeChat: doctorrink
[email protected]

Director of Global Studies
Stanley Xiao
+1-202-774-7255 ext. 2 US Phone
+86-18610762374 China Phone (中国电话)
[email protected]

Global Program Liaison
Jan Watanabe
+1-202-774-7255 ext. 15 US Phone
[email protected]
[/quote]
#340437 by Bryon Williams Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:39 am
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1471339 ... 949252350/
The United Methodist Church In Nigeria. Southern Annual Conference.

Anthony Jerome Wester shared a link.
23 June
Thanks so much for allowing me to join Brother Andengs Hussaini Ibada!
And Hello to all of my other fellow prayer warriors! I know some will scream this is spam but I promise you brothers and sisters this is not. And even if I am deleted I must still do what thus saith the Lord my God. The Word says Be not weary in well-doing for in due season, in DUE season y'all, you shall reap if you what? Faint not! Hallelujah!
So I'm here today to implore and touch hearts to donate to our global education initiative. We are a global jobs/study program in Atlanta, Georgia USA called The Wester Group STEPS Program providing academic and employment/studies programs for domestic and international students.
PLEASE DONATE TO STEPS TO ENABLE DISENFRANCHISED, IMPOVERISHED AND DISLOCATED YOUTH FROM OVER 27 UNDERDEVELOPED COUNTRIES TO JOIN OUR SCORE OF ACADEMIC AND JOBS/STUDIES PROGRAMS!
FROM $1 TO $10,000 EACH DOLLAR COUNTS!
Bless you all!
Your gift of love goes towards enrollment, accommodation, books and meal plans! Fees that most students have absolutely no problem paying but that the most vulnerable of us struggle to negotiate! I personally pledge 15% of both my salary and the profits of our company to this Charity Pool each month! Who will dig deep and join me in giving! The Lord loves a cheerful giver and is so very faithful and just to reward your charity!
WHAT STARTS HERE CHANGES THE WORLD!
MAIN WEBSITE:
https://thewestergroup.wixsite.com/steps
DONATIONS SITE: https://thewestergroup.wixsite.com/steps/giving
God Bless y'all,
Dr. Anthony Wester
Program Director
US Phone: +1-704-564-8620
Wechat: doctorrink
Cathy Wester
Director of Development

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#340438 by AlanJones Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:45 am
Charity scams as well. :laugh-s: