Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#45083 by antiscamfiend Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:36 am
BEWARE of unsolicited emails from a creep called 'Detective Steve Hockman', with a subject line such as 'UNCLAIMED CONTRACT PAYMENT / INHERITANCE FUND. It is most obviously another inheritance fund scam, although it presents itself more legitimately than the common romance related inheritance scams from senders claiming to be females. It is from from the email address [email protected] [although it is possible they may use other aliases and email addresses too].

Recently I accidentally opened such an email from this sender while deleting another email, and out of frustration, replied with a confrontational email to them. NOTE - I do not normally even open such emails, let alone reply to them, and I strongly recommend against it, but in this case, once having accidentally opened this email, the sender was most likely alerted, so I thought 'what the heck, let's confront them and see what they have to say'. Would you believe this creep actually replies with a defensive, argumentative email of their own, going as far as trying to justify their cause? They even try to claim in broken English that they are a 'Briton'.

DELETE any such emails, and report them here and elsewhere on the web.
Advertisement