Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#351924 by sabinadipu25 Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:33 pm
I recently received this:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sun, Dec 31, 2017 12:22 pm
Subject: it has been successful

Dear Friend

You might find it so difficult to remember me. Though, it is indeed, a very long time. I am much delighted and privileged to contact you again, after couple of years now. It takes fate, courage and God's fearing to remember old friends and at the same time, to show gratitude to them, despite circumstances that made things, not work out as we projected then.I take this liberty to inform you that, the transaction we were pursuing together, finally worked out by God's infinite mercy and I decided to contact you, just to let you know. I have conscience as a human begin, due to your tremendous effort and contribution to make things work out in retrospect.
Meanwhile, I must inform you that, I am presently in Luxembourg for numerous business negotiations and establishment. I just arrived yesterday night and checked inn, in a hotel and decided to go down to the hotel business center to mail you. Now, with my sincere heart, I have raised and signed an International Cashier's Bank Draft, to the tune of US$850,000.00 only in your name as Compensation for your dedication, humanity and contribution, as it were. Please, contact My Secretary, Her Contact Is:Name: Mrs. Sandra Williams
E-Mail: [email protected]
She will advise you further about the shipment of the ICBD to your Residence Address or Office Address you may provided. Feel free to reach via this very mail address. Most importantly, the ICBD has only validity period of 20 banking days. So, your early response to that effect, shall be appreciated.
My regards,
Paul Davids

From: Padlems Concepts Ghana Limited. <[email protected]>
Sent: Wed, Jan 3, 2018 9:44 am
Subject: Your Bank Draft

Dear Sir,

My Boss Dropped A Bank Draft Of $850.000.00 For You. As per his instruction I I Will Be Expecting You To Tell Me When You Are Coming To Our Office to Collect It. Find Our Address Is Below:

Padlems Company Ltd.,
14, Oxford Street,
Osu - Accra.
Ghana.

My regards.
Sandra Williams (Mrs.).

Sent: Thu, Jan 4, 2018 2:31 am

Dear sir,
You are right, that is our office address.
It is the instruction of my boss that you will come over to collect the $850.000.00 Certified Bank Draft but if you will not be able to come at this moment, I shall take immediate measures to send it to you.
So I suggest you provide me with your mailing address to enable me send it to you. Please do not let my boss know I am sending it to you by post because he warned me not to do that but to ensure that you personally come over to pick. I am hoping that you will show adequate appreciation for this gesture when you receive the draft.
Yours sincerely,
Sandra Williams (Mrs.).

Sent: Fri, Jan 5, 2018 8:04 am

Dear sir,
I was at the postal agency this morning to mail your draft of $850,000.00 but I was directed to the courier firm that is legally permitted here to carry such financial documents.
The courier firm charged me the total sum to $197.50 which is way beyond what I can afford because I had only $20 on me . I am therefore suggesting that you send the sum total of $197.50 which is the cost of freight and insurance to enable me send the Draft to you immediately..
I shall send the draft to you within 24 hours after receiving the fund.
Yours sincerely,
Sandra William (Mrs.).

Sent: Sat, Jan 6, 2018 8:35 am

Dear sir,
You can send the money through Moneygram. I believe it is the most reliable means of sending small amounts of money in these parts.
If you are able to send the money today or tomorrow I will send the Draft immediately.
Please make the payment directly to the office accountant,

Name: BOSSMAN IBRAHIM MULLER
Address: 14, Oxford Street,
Osu - Accra.
Ghana.
Secret Question: What is the secretary's name:

Once you make the payment kindly forward the payment information to enable me cash the money and send the draft immediately.

Yours Sincerely,
Sandra Williams (Mrs.).

Sent: Mon, Jan 8, 2018 8:10 am
Subject: Re: Your Bank Draft

Dear sir,
I received your message about your suggestion to send me a personal check. I have doubts how that will work out because it will not be possible to cash a personal check here unless it is drawn on a local account.
I have told you how I can be of help, but if you are uncomfortable with the arrangement, you may come pick your ICBD from our office as directed by my boss.
This was an initiative I personally came up with.
Yours Sincerely,
Sandra Williams (Mrs.).

Sent: Tue, Jan 9, 2018 3:43 am

Dear sir,
I personally took the decision to ship the Bank Draft to you in spite of the strict instructions given me by my boss before his trip.
You are at liberty to take my advice or not to. I do not intend engaging in a back and forth with you as to how take possession of your Bank Draft. You have your options, Sir.
Yours Sincerely,
Sandra Williams (Mrs.).

:yikes:
Last edited by AlanJones on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Advertisement

#351925 by AlanJones Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:38 pm
It's a scam. The best thing to do is block the scammer and stop responding.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#352164 by sabinadipu25 Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:51 pm
Just in:

Sent: Thu, Jan 11, 2018 9:08 am

Dear sir,
I was instructed by my boss, on his departure, to give you the Bank Draft by ensuring that I personally hand it over to you.
It was a decision that could get me sanctioned when I offered to send the Bank Draft to you.
However I had problem of coming up with the shipping and insurance fee.
I informed you about this but you gave no positive response. I wish I could be of more help.
I will ship it to you as soon as you send me the fee of $197.50 only.
Yours sincerely.
Sandra Williams (Mrs.).
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed baiting comments.