Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#45619 by Koraxbear Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:10 pm
Not sure where this would come but I think it would be here as it is bogus, thought this was spam until I ran it through google

Regards !

Add Doctoarte, Matsers or Bacehlors Degeres to your resume in just 4-6 weeks and open avenues to promotion and better jobs!

Obtain a prosperous future, money-earning power and the prestige that comes with having the career position you?ve always dreamed of.

At your Own Schedule!. No Examination!. Unlock the doors.

This is your chance to finally make the right move and receive your due benefits. If you are more than qualified with your experience, but are lacking that prestigious piece of paper known as a diploma that is often the passport to success.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Give us a call NOW!

+ 1 - 646 - 537 - 1732
Please leave us your:
1) Your Name
2) Your Country
3) Phone No. with countrycode if outside USA

We will get back to you ASAP

Do Not Reply to this Email.
We do not reply to text inquiries, and our server will reject all response traffic.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

You know its kinda funny that they are saying they can get these certificates in mega quick time and yet they can't spell for s***.

Return-Path: <[email protected]>
X-Original-To: (removed)
Delivered-To: (removed)
Received: from mxen5.enta.net (mxen5.enta.net [78.33.48.8])
by nbg-mail.viper.enta.net (Postfix) with ESMTP id 3FD56199633
for <(removed)>; Sun, 30 Jan 2011 01:49:24 +0000 (GMT)
Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by mxen5.enta.net (Postfix) with ESMTP id D9190DED05F
for <(removed)>; Sun, 30 Jan 2011 01:51:23 +0000 (GMT)
Received: from mxen5.enta.net ([127.0.0.1])
by localhost (mxen1.enta.net [127.0.0.1]) (amavisd-maia, port 10024)
with ESMTP id 25655-09 for <(removed)>;
Sun, 30 Jan 2011 01:51:21 +0000 (GMT)
X-Greylist: delayed 04:34:05 by SQLgrey-1.7.6
Received: from mayoreo.com (unknown [200.30.160.205])
by mxen5.enta.net (Postfix) with SMTP id CEE15DED02A
for <(removed)>; Sun, 30 Jan 2011 01:51:20 +0000 (GMT)
Received: (qmail 26434 invoked by uid 453); 29 Jan 2011 18:32:45 -0000
X-Virus-Checked: Checked by ClamAV on mayoreo.com
Received: from pc-00018.mayoreo.com (HELO [200.30.160.205]) (172.16.1.18)
by mayoreo.com (qpsmtpd/0.83) with ESMTP; Sat, 29 Jan 2011 12:32:45 -0600
Received: from [200.30.160.205] by qmail.tdcwebmore.dk; Sat, 29 Jan 2011 12:22:49 -0600
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 12:22:49 -0600
X-Mailer: The Bat! (v2.11) Educational
Reply-To: [email protected]
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
To: (removed)
Subject: [Norton AntiSpam]***SPAM*** Passed over again for that promotion, no Dgeree? business process workflow
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset=iso-8859-2
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Virus-Scanned: Maia Mailguard 1.0.2a
X-Spam-Status: Yes, hits=11.414 tagged_above=-999 required=3
tests=KB_DATE_CONTAINS_TAB=3.799, KB_FAKED_THE_BAT=3.441,
RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET=1.246, RCVD_IN_BRBL_LASTEXT=1.644, RDNS_NONE=1.274,
T_FILL_THIS_FORM_SHORT=0.01
X-Spam-Level: ***********
X-Spam-Flag: YES
X-Brightmail-Tracker: AAAABwr/WQUK/1hACv8H0xdDrTcXQ6mmF0OmGRdEWiU=
Advertisement

#47566 by Robert Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:57 pm
Koraxbear wrote:Not sure where this would come but I think it would be here as it is bogus, thought this was spam until I ran it through google

Regards !

Add Doctoarte, Matsers or Bacehlors Degeres to your resume in just 4-6 weeks and open avenues to promotion and better jobs!

Obtain a prosperous future, money-earning power and the prestige that comes with having the career position you?ve always dreamed of.

At your Own Schedule!. No Examination!. Unlock the doors.

This is your chance to finally make the right move and receive your due benefits. If you are more than qualified with your experience, but are lacking that prestigious piece of paper known as a diploma that is often the passport to success.

Give us a call NOW!

+ 1 - 646 - 537 - 1732
Please leave us your:
1) Your Name
2) Your Country
3) Phone No. with countrycode if outside USA

We will get back to you ASAP

Do Not Reply to this Email.
We do not reply to text inquiries, and our server will reject all response traffic.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

You know its kinda funny that they are saying they can get these certificates in mega quick time and yet they can't spell for s***.

I wouldn't hold the spelling against them in terms of judging their legitimacy. It so happens that recently I was checking out degree and certificate programs at various institutions known to be legitimate and accredited and specializing in distance learning, and they go via a marketing pitch similar to the above, including a proprietary search interface which frequently returns pages with homophone or homophone-like spelling or usage errors which are, unfortunately, very common in English these days. It's not like the people doing the Web pages for them are graduates of their English depts. or were even students of them at all, after all.

4-6 weeks to a degree looks like what might be called "not typical" in FTC ad regs, but those might not apply to non-profits, and it's not beyond the realm of possibility. You'd have to have a lot of transfer credit accepted, place out of some requirements, and take the remaining courses asynchronously on an accelerated schedule, but I wouldn't say they're lying. They're pretty desperate to fill their enrollments these days, and they'll use live chat and phone calls, even evenings, to answer your inquiries.

Robert
#47590 by Bubbles Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:35 am
Koraxbear, This may be more classified as spam, than scam however the IP resolves to Guatemala. I don't believe the phone number is from Guatemala. Possibly the "school" out sourced their spamming (since you didn't request information yourself) to Central America. I would think that if the school is located where the spam came from, the email would be in Spanish, not English.

Regarding an "accelerated" degree program. Those are typically called Diploma Mills and little of any actual instruction is done by the "school". They print diplomas for a fee. The are not accredited by any legitimate accrediting institution (state or federal). Too often they are just used as resume enhancers and do not provide any actual course of study.

If you just want initials behind your name this is the way to go. If you want to learn something about a subject take courses that are challenging and have a prescribed course of study.

Rev. Bubbles, esq, ARNG FD

NOTE: None of the above designations are true. Rev. stands for Revealer of scams. Esq means I have read the magazine, A Real Nice Guy isn't so true either, and Foolishness Doctor is the closest to being true. :wink:

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.