Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#352691 by jhebert Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:23 pm
I got this email initially from "Zoho Modeling Agency" for "We are interested in your profile picture on Facebook for Sony BillBoard advert". They wanted me to send my Facebook profile picture to [email protected] because is one of their "favorite photos". The email reads as follows:

Hi,
We appreciate your quick response and the model contract is not a joke at all and is a once in a life opportunity. Your image has been accepted by the agency, "ZOHO MODEL AGENCY." As one of the favorite photos Sony billboard for South Africa Oliver Tambo International Airport. We do not discriminate sizes or shapes of individual models, we recognize beautiful images and used for advertising.The Financial will send the payment to you by mail(USPS).(the first payment is always in the range from $100,999.00 to$300,999.00,(which will be used as your registration, and the rest will be used for molding your photo once your registration is received, you will receive a contract called the M-20form by email.)Once you are fully registered with the company your full payment of the advert will be transfer to your account in the total sum of $950,500.00.

The legal documentation of the agreement will be sent to you once you get back to us with the following required information for your "Sign up fee" with the agent, and the application process and the approval of your full payment will cost you the sum of $195 Kindly get back to me with the following information as soon as possible for registration and the approval of your full payment.

Full name:
Zip Code:
city:
Tel No:
No mobile phone:
Interests:

You will have to register with the company account officer who will approve your payment and it will cost you the sum of $195 for your application process and the documentation of your registration once the agent get the fees he will post all the document to you via email as soon as possible which you will sign and send back to the office he will then contact you on the transfer process of your full payment of the sum of $950,500.00 which will be transfer to your personal account once the agent get the signed document you will received from the "ZOHO MODEL AGENCY .officer.

Agent Charles Wooden.
ZohoModel Management .© 1995-2018
Office at +27 65 849 4063

*Please note that none of the information you share with us is going to be shared with any third party, they are strictly for purpose of analysis only. After your information has been reviewed and confirmed,All the required information should be sent as soon as possible as we respond on a first come first served basis.

N*B

We are still awaiting to receive two or more picture of you.The photos required is basically for documentations and preview. all details should be send to asap.Let us know your decision.

Agent XXXXXXX
ZohoModel Management .© 1995-2018
Office at +27 65 849 4063

------------------------------------------------------------
Advertisement

#366509 by JHEgbert Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:04 am
Hello,

I am directed by the board of Spur Model Management to inform you that we are interested in your profile picture on FaceBook for the new Sony Bill board advert ,Send a copy of your picture via email to Agent Charles Wooden at ( [email protected] ) for more details about the new Sony bill board advert and the payment you will receive.

Contract Period:3 MONTHS
Total Payment:$600,999.00

Spur Model Management Plc .© 1995-2018
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spur Corporation. West Jordan UT, 84084, USA. This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.
#376475 by dianelee Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:43 pm
I received a similar letter from Metropolitan Modeling Agency in Paris, France. Same motive. Asking for money to pay for a registration fee, and Cost of Transfer fee. Totally $1107.00, I should have known better. Today, I send $200.00 and feel so small and angry for doing it. I can't believe that I fell for it!!

I have copies of the emails sent back and forth as well as the receipts. I even called the agency in Paris, called the Bank to verify the process, thought that I had done all my homework. Searched for the "quote agent" on-line and found him. Search Facebook and he was there. Even was given a phone number that was a burner phone and a bank account to transfer the money too. This was a prepaid Amex Card!!

This individual even used the Tim Baxter the CEO of Samsung and provided me with a "certificate" that states that I would be paid. The agency is a real agency in Paris!! I am expecting to hear back from them within the next few days - if the money is transferred to my account. One thing is that they are extremely persistent!!

I am so angry at myself and I am a sucker!!!!

*****************************************************************************************************************************

Hello,

I am directed by the board of Metropolitan Models Management to inform you that we are interested in your profile picture on FaceBook for the new Samsung billboard advert in Charles de Gaulle Airport ,international airport in France. Send a copy of your  picture via email to  Agent Susan Williams  at ( [email protected] )  for more details about the new Samsung billboard advert and the payment you will receive.

Contract Period:12 MONTHS
Total Payment:600,999.00

Metropolitan Models Management Plc .© 1995-2018
#382345 by alachner Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:00 pm
I got the same scam message!:
I am directed by the board of Metropolitan Models Management to inform you that we are interested in your profile picture on http://www.Linkedin.com for the new
Samsung billboard advert in Charles de Gaulle Airport ,international airport in France. Send a copy of your picture via email to Agent Chris Bradson at ( [email protected] ) for more details about the new Samsung billboard advert and the payment you will receive.

Contract Period:12 MONTHS
Total Payment:600,999.00
Metropolitan Models Management Plc .© 1995-2019
---------------------------------------------------------------------