Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#18585 by Arnold Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:27 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners.
I fully agree that it is a scam. I'm not sure if the business named actually exists, but http://kkstainless.com/default.aspx is a typical free fake site, and hasn't even been finished. I'm taking steps to have it shut down.
Name Server: NS1.OFFICELIVE.COM
Name Server: NS2.OFFICELIVE.COM
Updated Date: 22-sep-2009
Creation Date: 22-sep-2009
Expiration Date: 22-sep-2010

Advertisement

#18698 by bill_b3llo Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:34 pm
Nice work Arnold. Thanks!

There are a lot of divorce settlements and child support scams formats going out now. But they all involve receiving a fake check from a North American debtor and forwarding funds to an Asian bank account. It's getting impossible to post all these scams but anything is appreciated. Lawyers please use extreme caution and track IP addresses for anyone from anywhere to see where they really are.

And another format:

Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2009 9:51 PM
Subject: COLLECTION

Dear Counsel,

We wish to retain your services to facilitate in the retrieval of delinquent accounts and holdings from our customers in United States. These accounts have been delinquent for a while. We have been able to give a credit period of 5 months, which started on the month of February in the year 2009 due to global economic hard times. Before requesting payments, we would like for the accounts to be mediated and closed before the end of the incoming quarter. We believe that all owed funds to our company will be made payable contingent upon acquiring the assistance of your office.
We would like to receive your retainer agreement, rates and all other essential material regarding your firm's compensation policies. These, and all other material can be communicated to me at [email protected].

Company: GP Industries LTD/Gold Peak group
Address: 97 pioneer Rd, Singapore 639579
Tel- (65) 6395-0850
Fax- (65) 6396-0860
E-mail: [email protected]

Write me at scamspook at gmail.com
#18788 by nodummy Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:09 pm
This is the second time I have received such an interesting email in the past couple of months, so I thought I would use a search engine with the verbaige of the email I received versus the name of the company. This was an enlightening step. I received an email from Huade New Technology Company Ltd, so I responded asking for more detailed information regarding their needs. I received the response as follows:

Thank you for your response to my inquiry for legal services.
There has been no complaints made about our products, no payment has been made with several previous attempt to make collection in these accounts
ending negatively.
Huade New Technology Company Ltd, would have been settled if we had a reputable lawyer/ firm representing our organization in collections or
possible law suit, hence Huade New Technology Company Ltd is willing to maintain an evergreen retainership fee of $50,000US,to demonstrate to
you,we are ready to work with you on collections on delinquent accounts. We have been able to establish that delinquent or past due accounts in about
five states including Massachuessets in the U.S running over $3,757,000.00 and about a year or more over due in some cases.
At this moment it will not be proper for me to provide you with list of delinquent accounts or the copy of a typical contract/copies of invoices
until there is client–attorney engagement / relationship.

Below are the areas we would require your expertise.
1. Provide legal consultation,collections of delinquent accounts,required representation / bring actions in court against the delinquent customers based on agreed amount per hour or percentage on collection made.
Please accept my sincerest appreciation for your willingness to render your services, as we look forward to your prompt response to my email. If you have any questions contact me personally anytime by email.

Best Regards,
Joe Lee
President
Huade New Technology Company Ltd
No. 506 Zhaowu Road, Hohut,
Inner Mongolia. China
Fax: +86 471 4968471/4964667

This was similar to an email I received a few months ago from a different company, I thought the $50,000.00 evergreen retainer was certainly not anything offered up front from any company I have ever spoken with, and I'm not in Massachusetts; therefore, I thought I would research a little further. Then I found this site where clearly people have received emails with the exact same language, only confirming to me this is a scam. But what is the scam? I am concerned about the other postings here regarding hesitation to give a confirmed physical address. The signature on my email carries my physical address. What do I need to be concerned about?
#18803 by David Jansen Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:11 pm
Welcome here nodummy.

As long as you stop communicating with them you don't have to worry. They find out soon enough they can't get your money and they don't bother writing you again. You could expect some other scam emails in your mail account but if you have your spam filter set right it won't bother you.

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.
#18805 by BLzbub Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:24 pm
Nodummy, you asked "but what is the scam?" As I understand it the scam works like this. The "debtor" is a strawman in cahoots with the "creditor." If you undertook the representation, the strawman would send you a forged check to settle the "debt." The "creditor" would then press you to immediately distribute the funds to them. If you did so, you would later find to your chagrin that your bank discovered the check was forged and reversed the deposit to your trust account. Meanwhile, the "creditor" has cashed the check you sent from your trust account. You would of course never be able to find the "creditor" or "debtor" again.
#19078 by bill_b3llo Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:29 pm
I've researched several of the better divorce settlement scams and the names used are real. The divorce records exist and can be verified. The debtor/ex used is an actual wealthy American investor. This is very risky for lawyers who receive these requests so please be very careful. If you get something like this, make every attempt to contact this debtor by reliable means and not the contact information given by the client.

#19556 by Peta Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:47 pm
Another example of the "divorce settlement" type of this scam.

Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from hoster.incompany.ru (hoster.incompany.ru [83.167.0.5])
Received: from User (user-464ea5a252.wbb.net.cable.rogers.com [74.210.18.152])
Reply-To: <[email protected]>
Subject: please reply me back soon for your help is needed counsel
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009
To: undisclosed-recipients: ;

Hi Counsel

My name is Eun-Kyung Choi. I am contacting your firm in regards to a divorce settlement with my ex husband Steve Choi).who resides in your jurisdiction. I am currently on assignment in Japan. We had an out of court Agreement (Collaborative Law Agreement) for him to pay $448,450.00 plus legal fees. He has only paid me $44,000 since.

I am hereby seeking your firm to assistance in collecting the balance from him. He has agreed already to pay me the balance but it is my belief that a Law firm like yours is needed to help me collect payment from my ex-husband or litigate this matter if he fails to pay as promised.

Sincerely,

Eun-Kyung Choi

Email: [email protected]
#19739 by RicardoPinho Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:55 am
Hi everybody!

My firm (XXXXXXXXX (Removed - Michelle) - Brazil) has just received the following message from "Matila Manufacturing Pte Ltd". Apparently, it comes now from a different email address "[email protected]".

See the complete message and email address below.

Regards,

R. Pinho

Message from Matila Manufacturing Pte Ltd <[email protected]> on Thu, 07 Jan 2010 05:26:28 EET -----
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: POSITION TO REPRESENT US
Hello ,

Greetings to you from Matila Manufacturing Pte Ltd .With all due respect, please kindly confirm the receipt of this mail if you are in a position to represent on our company in matters of delinquent accounts.
We contact you to represent our company after a careful review of your profile. We are of the opinion that you represent us in North America, South America and/or Canada and Europe in order for us to recover monies due to our organization by our North America,South America,Canadian,Asian Clients and European clients.In order to achieve these objectives a good and reputable Agent or law firm (Attorney or lawyer at law) will be required to handle this service. Please advice once you take in this issue.

P.S. If you are not in the position to represent us we would be very glad if you could refer us to any law firm in North America,South America,Canadian and Europe countries that could.Once more thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to read this mail.

Yours truly,
Lee Alan
(Chairman International Matters)

Fixed Quotes -Michelle
#19748 by BLzbub Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:30 pm
Another variation of the Collaborative Participation letter:

Received: from petcooperative.com (HELO NS74.SERVEPOWER.COM) (69.90.47.45)
Received: from localhost ([127.0.0.1]) by industrialpriceclub.com with MailEnable ESMTP;
Received: from 74.198.8.100 ([74.198.8.100]) by webmail.bcwebportal.com

Dear Counsel,

My name is Ms AKIKO KOBAYASHI. I was married to my ex husband Blake KOBAYASHI
(who lives in your jurisdiction)for 7 yrs and in Feb 2009, We mutually agreed
under a Collaborative Participation Law Agreement to go our separate ways.
Blake had agreed to pay me $714,000.00 under terms of the agreement so that I
can settle down and to his credit; he has paid me $104,000.00
but with an outstanding balance of $610,000.00.I am hereby seeking your legal
assistance in collecting the balance or helping me enforce the agreement, and
have him honor the agreement inentirety.

I will be providing further information upon your request. I believe that one
of the reasons he has refused to pay is because I have re-married.

I understand that been remarried does not automatically void the agreement.
Prior to our separation due to irreconcilable differences, we were married for
23yrs of which by his instruction, I was a full time house wife to carter for
our four children.
Please get back to me if this is a case you can undertake. Let me know if you
require consultation fee before you advice or look at the evidence,I am hereby
seeking your firm to assist in collecting.
the balance from him. He has agreed already to pay me the balance but
it is my belief that a Law firm like yours is needed to help me collect payment
from my ex-husband or litigate this matter if he fails to pay as promised.

Sincerely,

AKIKO KOBAYASHI

CHOKO BOVEKI LTD
Address:4FLOOR,2-12-23 MINAMI AZABU MINATO-KU,TOKYO JAPAN
Tel:81-8035543903

----------------------------------------------------------------
This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.
#19755 by bill_b3llo Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:34 pm
This was left on a lawyers website today, the IP is Lagos, Nigeria. Scammers have been targeting European lawyers so this one claims to be from Belgium.

subject = xxxxxxxx Survey Results
name = xxx
email_from = [email protected]
Additional comments = Dear Counsel,

Season's greetings to you!I am sending this email as a mutual introduction (potential representation). Mr Kang Jizhong is a Director of China steel Corporation. Mr Jizhong entity is a steel & chemical trading company in Taiwan. China steel Corporation,has a claim against a company that is registered in your State for a breach of contract.I can not handle this matter as it is not within my region/jurisdiction.I have represented this company in a different matter, in the past here in Belgium.This matter is in your jurisdiction/region; that is why am referring him to you.If interested,please get back to me so that i can forward your email address to the company in China so that they can contact you with relevant and detailed information regarding the matter.See complete information of company in Taiwan.

Kang Jizhong
Sales Manager
China Steel Corp
1 chung-kang Road,Siaogang District,
Kaohsiung 81233,Taiwan. R.O.C.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
How did you hear about the site? = Martindale-Hubbell Lawyer Locator
REMOTE_HOST: 82.128.34.200

Edit: scammers targeting lawyers, I will edit to add new info as needed:

Mr Kheng Chan Huan
General Manager
Malaysia Steel Works(KL),Berhad
Lot 349 C Kampung Merbau Patah,
KM5 Jalan Kuala Terengganu-Kuala Berang Terengganu
20050 Malaysia

Mr. Ivy Kan
Diamond Toy Group ltd.
Flat A, Capital Trade Centre, 62 Tsun Yip Street,
Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
Last edited by bill_b3llo on Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#20518 by BLzbub Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:30 am
Another:
Received: from rev.opentransfer.com.198.255.0.96.in-addr.arpa (HELO host.sconnie.com) (96.0.255.198)
Received: from host.sconnie.com (unknown [127.0.0.1])
by host.sconnie.com (Postfix)

Subject: Urgent Representation
Reply-To: [email protected]

My purpose for contacting your firm is to inquire for representation in the litigation and retrieval of an outstanding debt from a customer. These accounts have been delinquent for a while and we have been lenient enough to give a credit period before requesting payments but failing, we have not received any notice in regard to when funds will be remitted to us. Therefore, we want to take it to the next step and have their office be aware of a litigation file in process. We believe that all owed funds to our company will be made payable contingent upon acquiring the assistance of your office. We would like to further discuss this together before making arrangements to receive your retainer agreement, rates and all other essential material regarding your firm's policies. Please consult us for further information needed in regard to the case and I have to emphasize on the urgency to arbitrate these cases. We look forward to your reply Sincerely, Darry Scott
#20519 by BLzbub Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:34 am
Two in the same day! I must be popular.
Received: from rev.opentransfer.com.198.255.0.96.in-addr.arpa (HELO host.sconnie.com) (96.0.255.198)
Received: from host.sconnie.com (unknown [127.0.0.1])

Subject: Urgent Representation
Reply-To: [email protected]

Good Day My purpose for contacting your firm is to inquire for representation. I have a premium settlement case that needs to be addressed and finalized as soon as possible. The need to gain your representation is to enforce the settlement agreed upon by my ex-spouse and I. This agreement has been adjudicated but so far, it has not been formally adhered to properly, by my ex-husband. I say this because, as of today he still owes me a gross amount in settlement funds. These were supposed to be paid in full by February, 2009. I am in the process of retiring from my job as a sales associate and travel coordinator for the Korean Airways. I am currently posted in South Korea and will be finishing my employment contract . I am in the process of settling down with my new spouse, therefore collecting all owed funds is essential to us. I am unable to abandon my work to handle this issue back in the United States, therefore your counsel will be greatly welcomed and appreciated. Please inform me if you are able to take on this case. I believe you understand what needs to be done, so before we proceed i will need to review your retainer agreement and also your fees so we can proceed. I await your earnest reply. Your's truly Melinda William