Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#5469 by abe Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:33 pm
Someone called my mobile line in Nigeria and actually mentioned my name informing me that someone referred them to me for business. they sent me the attached mail:
Asia Technological & Chemical Industries
27th Floor Empire Tower,
City Square Centre,
182 Jalan Tun Razak,
50400 Kuala Lumpu
Malaysia
email:[email protected]
www.astmim.com

Telephone: +8821652072682,

ATTN:

I am delighted to inform you that the above named company is a manufacturing company here in Malaysia. We manufacture advance hospital equipments (AHE), computer accessories, focal glasses/lens and microchips.

Presently, my company wishes to come down to NIGERIA as we were made to understand from the Chamber of Trade and Commerce in here that mineral resources are sold in Nigeria We want to procure a raw material and if possible site our annex office/industry in NIGERIA due to the nearness of the raw material.

Our humble purpose of contacting your good recommendation is to make sure my company does not fall into awful hands in Africa, as we like to come through you, because we haven't been to NIGERIA before. We also want you to be my company's representative with regards to the sitting of our annex office/industry, which is solely going to be under your supervision, you shall aid the process of construction and incorporation and my company shall go into bilateral relationship personally with you. We shall come with letters of memorandum of understanding for your official endorsement.

We implore you to assist our company in confirming a raw material by contacting this company (below) in Nigeria to enquire the availability and indigenous price of the raw material as the company was recommended from the Economic desk of the Nigeria High Commission here in Malaysia. as a local miner who deals on this mineral in industrial quantity as advertised also by the company in the International Local Miners Brochure when they attended exhibition in Japan.2007.

WESTPOINT MINING COMPANY
( Jos Plateau State Nigeria West Africa.)
LOCAL MINER – ENGR, AHMED Usm4n.
TEL: +2348062551225.
Please take note of our specification and price data

RAW MATERIAL REQUIRED - ZAKOLINE SOLID MINERAL
DESCRIPTION - PURE WHITE IN COLOR
SIZE - SOLID LIKE SUGAR CUBE
INT'L STANDARD SCALE - 5 PIECES = 1UNIT
INT'L PRICE PER UNIT - US$4000
QUANTITY REQUIRED - 2000 UNITS

NOTE: Please do contact ENGR.AHMED Usm4n. with the above telephone number for enquiry our behalf you may not disclose to him that foreigners are coming for procurement to avoid possible increase of their price above the International Standard Price (ISP) my company's is willing to buy.

I wish to inform you that the board of directors, unanimously agreed that if we can get an indigenous confirmation of substantial quantity of the raw material and most especially- fair price we shall endorse 10% commission of the total purchase for you as our host representative for the first time and you should be informed of the continuity of this transaction because we'll be buying the product four-month intervals for five good years through you then we can discuss how to get landed properties for the establishment of our annex office through you in NIGERIA .

Best regards.
Dr. Shinkaraja A
(Managing Director)

The website is made up of several materials from other websites as u will observe.
Advertisement

#5472 by Charles Fox Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:19 pm
A check scam, they will send you a check (stolen or fake) for a large anount, and encourage you to send 90% to them as soon as possible.

When the check comes back as bad, you are out of pocket and in trouble for passing a bad check.

Wow! I need you and thank you for the information.

I am SO GLAD YOU BURST MY BUBBLE

So I can close this chapter with no more fretting, right? Thanks so much for your help.

#5520 by Jillian Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:27 pm
Due to the website being brought to the attention of Site Killers at 419Eater, the website referenced in that email, astmim.com, has been determined fraudulent, added to the database of fraudulent websites kept by Artists Against 419 (www.aa419.org) and reported to the host, with evidence, requesting that it be suspended.

The aa419 Database entry is here: http://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=30980

Thank you and nicely done, Abe. :D