Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#371610 by heavymetallover13 Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:58 pm
Hello everyone. On August 6th, a man found me on a dating app and offered to join in a romantic relationship with me and pay me to be his companion. I texted the phone number he gave me and almost immediately he sent me a check for $1,850, which arrived about a week later. The package was addressed from a non existent business in Baltimore, but the check was addressed from the Coordinated Resources Inc. of San Francisco. The check was signed by "Ray Norwalk", which is who the scammer claimed to be. I cashed this check at my bank account and was told by the scammer to immediately transfer $1,500 of the funds from the check to "seyifun obatala" via walmart to walmart. The next day I got a notification from my bank saying the deposit was put on hold, likely due to the fact that the check is fraudulent. I told the scammer, who had been harassing me consistently through text, that the deposit was held and I could not perform the walmart to walmart money transfer. He then proceeded to threaten me and tell me that he will "find me" and that he "wishes me death". I immediately blocked his number and told my bank to stop the hold of the check and detach it from my account, due to it being fraudulent. I am very concerned because this scammer has my address, name, and phone number. I have the scammer's phone number, screenshots of our entire conversation, and pictures that the scammer sent me of himself (which could obviously be fake). Any help with this frightening situation would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement