Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#48804 by buried under 419s Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:55 am
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from monkey.xyzdns.net (monkey.xyzdns.net [216.180.243.170])
(envelope-from [email protected])
Received: from more by monkey.xyzdns.net with local (Exim 4.69)
(envelope-from <[email protected]>)
id 1Pzq00-0008TZ-1A
for ; Wed, 16 Mar 2011 08:38:48 -0400
To:
Subject: Order Enquiry
Reply-To: [email protected]
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Message-Id: <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 08:38:48 -0400
X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report
X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - monkey.xyzdns.net
X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain -
X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [659 717] / [47 12]
X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - monkey.xyzdns.net
X-Greylist: Default is to whitelist mail, not delayed by milter-greylist-4.2.3

Hello Sales,

I am interested in purchasing some of your products, I will like to know if you can ship directly to Greece, I also want you to know my mode of payment for this order is Via Credit Card or Cashier Check. Get back to me if you can Ship to that destination and also if you accept the payment type indicated. Kindly reply this email with the price list of your products...
I await your quick response.

Regards.
Silvastores
24 Panepistimiou Str., Centre of Athens
Athens, 10672 GR

Questions about scams? fraudatiocruor @ gmail.com to contact remove spaces
Advertisement

#49367 by numa Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:53 pm
when I asked him to pay by paypal, and that we couldn't accept an overseas credit card, he cancelled his order.

n.b. - If someone pays via paypal, and you have tracking records for the shipment, then the buyer cannot rescind their payment, unlike with regular credit cards, for which you have no recourse with overseas buyers.
#49552 by silvachris Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:51 am
I am Chris DaSilva and I happen to be the owner of the stores called silvastores. When you asked that I made payment via pay pal I told you that I wont and had other options with another seller, so does that make me a criminal just because I did not order any thing from you.
You are so very pathetic. Must I accept your terms? I have the right to choose what form of payment I will use.
Why don't you look for something better to do with your life instead of trying to label other people bad.
Please do your checking before beginning to try and run people down cos you will surely reap what you have sown.

Mod note - This post was made by a scammer. See Dotti's post below for information - Michael
#49567 by Dotti Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:43 am
Welcome silvachris!

In the interests of fairness, if you would like to send me proof that you are real, please feel free to do so, and know that I will be happy to review it. We are very careful to make sure that innocent parties are not wrongly accused here.

But let's review:

-This same exact email has been sent out to a wide variety of random businesses.
-This email is written exactly like dozens of scams we see on a daily basis.
-You come here claiming that you are the owner of a Greek business, only you are posting from Africa (didn't know that moderators can see that?)
-Your writing matches the typical style of an African.
-You make the ludicrous claim that the buyer has the right to dictate the terms of payment. That's not true in the world the rest of us live in, and a business owner certainly would not take that position!

As the original poster's intent was to help people by preventing them from having their money stolen, I am sure that he will gladly "reap what he has sown." We of course, have the same wish for you.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#49572 by buried under 419s Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:32 pm
Why would an honest person try to hid their location? The fact he used hacking to send this indicates he is deceptive?

Questions about scams? fraudatiocruor @ gmail.com to contact remove spaces
#49573 by Dotti Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:18 pm
Oh, and I forgot to ask...

Who did you have to know in order to set up your store inside a famous Catholic Cathedral? :roll:

http://www.travelchannel.com/Places_Trips/Destinations/Europe/Greece/Athens/Attractions/Agios_Dionysios_Areopagitis_Catholic_Cathedral

St. Dionysius [Cathedral]
24 Panepistimiou Str., Centre of Athens
Athens, 10672 GR

Weekend Mass Times
Sunday
6:00 AM to 11:00 AM
7:00 AM

Daily Mass Times
Sunday
7:30 AM
7:00 PM to 6:00 AM

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#49580 by Harvey Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:10 pm
Our Company also received the exact same request to do business with us. When we suggested he order online he said he would rather do so via Email. This was a red flag.

I have friends in Athens and they went by the address in question and found the Catholic Church instead of a store. As a result I decided to become a member. I want to thank you for the post about having people pay via paypal. I didn't know that before. We will be checking all suspicious orders through you from now on. Thanks
#49605 by Bubbles Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:24 am
We are glad you are here Harvey. It is great that your friend could check out the location the scammer used. You know more about his "store location" than he does. :laugh-s:

As Buried Under said, please post up any scams that come your way. It is helpful in ways you can't always expect.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#52546 by Hall1981 Wed May 04, 2011 11:22 am
Got this today. Automatically started surfing the net to see if there was anything on this guy.

Same exact email:

Hello,

I am interested in purchasing some of your products, I will like to know if
you can ship directly to Greece, I also want you to know my mode of payment
for this order is Via Credit Card or Cashier Check. Get back to me if you
can Ship to that destination and also if you accept the payment type
indicated. Kindly reply this email with the price list of your products... I
await your quick response.

Chris DaSilva

Chris Stores
8, Anmonis Str.
GR - 136 71 Acharne Attiki
[email protected]

Chris DaSilva

Chris Stores
8, Anmonis Str.
GR - 136 71 Acharne Attiki
[email protected]

Our policy is never to take orders via email, which is what he asked us to do in later emails. Thanks for the info! :D
#78804 by madcap romanian Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:55 am
Hello everyone!

My name is xxx from Alberta, Canada. Thank you for making this web site! I bookmarked it right away.

I just got one of these E-mails in November, expecting it to be honest, and I was on "Working Terms" with the person involved when I was notified today by my sister that this was a scam in progress. Luckily, because I've been so busy with holiday sales and working my second job in order to keep my hobby store doors open, I wasn't able to process this person's CC info, box up, or ship his order.

My sister made the suggestion to me that if people want to order from my web site and they send me this kind of E-mail, to first copy and paste the e-mail contents into the Google search engine and see what results Google comes up with before proceeding. If there are no entries found, the E-mail is probably legitimate. However, if Google finds something, chances are it's a scam!

I did exactly that and that's how I discovered your site!

Anyway, here's the highlights of my conversation with this person. Hope it helps others in my same position.

(Intro Letter)
Hello Sales,

I am interested in purchasing some of your products, I will like to know if you can ship directly to Japan, I also want you to know my mode of payment for this order is via credit card (Issued US master and visa card).

Get back to me if you can ship to that destination and also if you accept the payment type I indicated. Kindly return this email with your Website.

Await a your quick response to the question/inquiry so as to forward you the purchase needed immediately.

Kind Regards.

Bob Aiko

Daibob suppliers Limited
Shinagawa Crystal Square
44-1, Shimorenjaku 8-chome
Mitaka-shi
Tokyo 181-8510
Japan

Tel :- (072)709-8660
Fax:- (072)728-1139

(Letter 5)
Thank you for the reply, please i will like you to recalculate of my order alone and get back to me with the total cost of my order and don't worry about the shipping cost because i have my personal shipping agent in (usa) , that will come for the pick up of the package in you stores and i have inform them about this and they told me the best way to come for the pick up in your store is for you to email me with your store address and the time the package will be ready for pick up with your convenience time and date, so please kindly get back to me with this details along with the total of my order so that i can give you my card details,

Bob

(Letter 8)
Message body

Thanks for the total quote of my order .The total cost of my order is quite correct and okay by me and I'm ready to pay the bills send me an invoice via email and i will email you my Credit Card . Also want you to help me Charge another $550 to a shipping agent who is going to pick up my ordered items from you. The $550 that will be sent to the shipping agent is for the shipping which will be deduct from my credit card.Also, I'm compensating you with the sum of $200 for the transfer fee and for your efforts. Please note that i should have given the shipping agency my credit card for him to deduct the shipping funds but he told me that he doesn't have the facilities to charge or debit credit card ,so that's why i bring my vote of confidence in you and i don't want you to betray the vote of confidence i put in you, so i want you to transfer the funds to him after you have make the charges and the money charged from my credit card is in your account,then you can now make the transfer to the agent via western union.i will have love to do this my self but there no western union here around me,So the charges you'll make on my credit card will be:

Order Fee ( $ 435 )
Agent fee with shipping fare ($550)
Transfer Fee plus Your Compensation ($200)
Total:($1185)

Note that my credit card will be charged for the amounts above . Please do get back to me if you are in the office right now so that i can forward my credit card details to you , then you can charge full amount and transfer the agent funds to him via western union.

I await your email
Bob

(Letter from customer's Preferred" shipping company)

THANKS FOR CHOOSING PACIFIC EXPRESS DELIVERY. THE PROFILE OF THE ACCOUNT IS LG090569211Q

WE PROVIDE THE SERVICES BELOW:- DELIVERY WITHIN 72 WORKING HOURS- SECURE, SAFE & RELIABLE SERVICE- ABOVE 220 COUNTRIES COVERED GLOBALLY- COLLABORATION WITH LEADING AIR EXPRESS COMPANIES.

ATTN :

MY NAME IS PAT BROADMAN FROM PACIFIC EXPRESS DELIVERY, MR BOB AIKO IN JAPAN GAVE ME YOUR EMAIL TO CONTACT YOU, REGARDING THE ITEMS HE WANT TO PICK UP FROM YOUR STORE, I WILL LIKE YOU TO ADVISE ME WITH THE BELOW INFORMATION SO I CAN BE ABLE TO COME FOR THE PICK UP...

(When I googled "Pat Broadman" I got the follwing result :

Did you mean: MY NAME IS BART BROADMAN FROM PACIFIC EXPRESS DELIVERY, MR BOB AIKO IN JAPAN GAVE ME YOUR EMAIL TO CONTACT YOU, REGARDING THE ITEMS HE WANT TO PICK UP FROM YOUR STORE, I WILL LIKE YOU TO ADVISE ME WITH ...

Hope all this extra info helps people out of this scam. As for me, I think I will ignore this customer from here on out. Thank God I caught this as a scam before I sent and $$4 to anyone!
Mod edit: edited out real name. DJ
#78842 by Arnold Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:51 am
Welcome to Scamwarners.
Not finding anything on Google is no guarantee that something is genuine. But this type of scam does have common features. It refers only vaguely to products, so the email can be sent out in bulk. And overpaying and asking you to pay a "shipping agent" by Western Union is 100% scam.

#176067 by toreunit Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:17 am
"Bob" is still up to no good...

Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2013 3:13 PM
To: <Removed - CW>
Subject: Japan Order

Hello Sales,

I am interested in purchasing some of your products, I will like to know if you can ship directly to Japan, I also want you to know my mode of payment for this order is via credit card (Issued US master and visa card).

Get back to me if you can ship to that destination and also if you accept the payment type I indicated. Kindly return this email with your Website.

Await a your quick response to the question/inquiry so as to forward you the purchase needed immediately.

Kind Regards.

Bob Aiko

Daibob suppliers Limited
Shinagawa Crystal Square
44-1, Shimorenjaku 8-chome
Mitaka-shi
Tokyo 181-8510
Japan

Tel :- (072)709-8660
Fax:- (072)728-1139