Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#373427 by Lagosluvver Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:11 am
Hi all.

A friend if mine's email address book got hacked and someone has created a new email address and has contacted me pretending to be my friend.

Fortunately I am aware of this and don't intend to fall victim.

My 'friend' has asked me to help them out by making a payment to someone in the US using western union. They have provided a name and bank details, would it be helpful if I posted this information on this site?

Best regards
Advertisement

#373428 by AlanJones Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:15 am
We require evidence of scams, so please post the full email where you are asked to send the money by Western Union.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#373430 by Lagosluvver Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:17 am
I seek your assistance as we are trying to pay a long overdue invoice.But due to difficulties in setting up a bank transfer and other financial constraints we going through, and to avoid suspension of vendor's services, kindly confirm if i should forward vendor's bank details for payment of $2000 we shall reimburse with commission.

Regards,
AGx

Thanks XXX, here is the vendor's Western Union details. You will be sending payment slip or screenshot on here for confirmation.

Name: Greg Rumley
State: North Carolina
Zip: 27030

Best Regards,
AGx

Hi XXX. Did you get my last email? I have the bank details now, whichever way its easy for you to send the money. I really appreciate you reaching out to help.

Gregory Rumley
Account: 310100038204052
Routine: 322278073
Bank: Kinecta Federal Credit Union

Best Regards,
AGx

Bank details noted - AJ
Last edited by AlanJones on Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:22 am, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Added in content of emails