Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#49858 by amass spain scam Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:02 am
Amass-spain.com do not go near them!!! amass-spain advice you to unlock you pension free of UK tax, it´s called trust busting, the tax man will come after you with a 55% tax penalty of your pension fund! You have worked all your life and paid into your pension only for them to mislead you and get 55% of your fund seized by the UK tax man
Advertisement

#71840 by TinaUK Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:45 pm
AMASS is a small firm in Southern Spain. It is setup by an individual called Dean, with his colleague Emma Cox. They where under a previous guise known as 'Hamiltons' which was struck off the Spanish regulator DGS, for not operating within the legal parameters as set down by the DGS. AMASS also trade under other names. Essentially you will be offered the opportunity to cash in your pension up to 100% (less AMASS fees), it is possible they will try and encourage you to invest in a product with that cash as well, either way there will be substantial fees involved.
In terms of QROPS, there are many many highly regulated firms based in Gibraltar, Spain, and the UK that can cater for expats internationally. There is no need to take the risk of going with a firm that is not highly regulated (and hence forced by law to offer competivie pricing, and sound advice). It is simple to find reputable firms by searching or QROPS advice online, and looking for details of the firms regulators
In regards to 100% cash release, there is some debate over the interpretation of the HMRC laws, which could mean there is a possible 55% charge at a later date, but there is yet to be a firm precendence for this as the industry is still young. There has been a situation where this has occured with the Beazley case in singapore.
At the end of the day it is the client who bears the full risk for releasing cash from their pension, not the cash release company, UNLESS the firm you use is bound by regulatory law to provide appropiate advice.

There is a not-for-profit group based in Spain, that is acting to stamp out unregulated firms, if you would like their contact details please PM me.
#71864 by Bubbles Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:46 pm
As Arnold indicated in Mar 29, 2011, this is well beyond our expertise. I am confident there are legal avenues which can be pursued to deal with bad financial advice.

Even though there are thousands of people willing to take your money, we cannot cover all of them. Please see this post to see what we do cover and what we do not cover. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15

I am locking this topic. If there are concerns, PM me.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.