Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#6324 by coedmieri Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:00 pm
Well, you have a new member - i have joined today having taken 3 months to add 2 and 2 together! At the moment i feel a complete idiot!
I managed over this time to think that i had a love interest, that i was going to help someone out with a transaction which would be no risk to me.
what a prat! I am usually a sane, tolerant, intellegent professional guy who will help most people within my means - I am glad i only lost £65.
Please please just share the name Kenny Richards from New Orleans, Polish Mother, currently in a Nigerian Hospital with measles needing money to help him pay for the doctor cos he has no money. I managed not to sent him $300 to clinch a deal with a company to supply laptops - PHEW! If i had the cash I probably would have done it! PHEW AGAIN!

Thanks to the guy who responded to my Yahoo!Question today - great advice - have talked to Bank and they happy and have logged incident - will be contacting POlice to report the dud cheque i attempted to cash for him!

Probably learnt my lesson now - but any further words of encouragement would be appreciated - thanks to my US colleagues back in the 'old country' you former english masters are at the same risk from Nigerians as you - (no offense intended just british sarcasm!)

Thanks again
Advertisement

#6512 by Jillian Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:27 pm
Hi and welcome here! I'm sorry we haven't replied sooner, I must have missed your post.

Good for you for recognizing the scam early on and checking into it. :D You're definitely doing the right thing by contacting your bank immediately regarding the fraudulent check. Be aware that the scammer may continue to write to you, possibly using another name and email address. Feel free to ask about any suspicious emails you receive and post scammer's emails here for others to find in an internet search.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners