Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#54289 by buried under 419s Thu May 26, 2011 7:08 am
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from gic-web-bsd-013.genotec.ch (gic-web-bsd-013.genotec.ch [82.195.224.113])
by benson.acsalaska.net (8.14.4/8.14.4) with ESMTP id p4Q95Bpk024968
for >; Thu, 26 May 2011 01:05:12 -0800 (AKDT)
(envelope-from [email protected])
Received: from gic-web-bsd-013.genotec.ch (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by virusgate.mx.genotec.ch (Postfix) with ESMTP id BD9976E6ECE
for ; Thu, 26 May 2011 11:05:10 +0200 (CEST)
Received: by gic-web-bsd-013.genotec.ch (Postfix, from userid 80)
id B32D96E6EC8; Thu, 26 May 2011 11:05:10 +0200 (CEST)
To:
Subject: Order Placement/Inquiry.
X-PHP-Script: www.xtreme-xxl.ch/osc/images/.rss.php for 41.138.175.195
From: Kod Supplies (Australia) Pty Ltd <[email protected]>
Reply-To: [email protected]
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Message-Id: <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 11:05:10 +0200 (CEST)
X-Greylist: Default is to whitelist mail, not delayed by milter-greylist-4.2.3

Hello,

We own a store here in Australia, we are interested in your products and willing to purchase from you but before we proceed we want to be sure your email is correct and also to confirm if you can follow our order up via email since we will want the transaction to be done via email. We know of a freight forwarder that will pick of the order at your end since they are less expensive compare to UPS,FEDEX,USPS AND DHL. Beside they are perfect in delivery to the remote area we are in AU. Payment mode will be credit card, USA BILLED Master card. Confirm this email before we proceed to send the quote of order and please get back to us with your inventory/price list as an attachment on your reply.

Regards
Kod Supplies (Australia) Pty Ltd

Questions about scams? fraudatiocruor @ gmail.com to contact remove spaces
Advertisement

#55302 by Redeemer Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:37 pm
Hi,
My fabric company in NYC received an email from this company - Kod Supplies of Perth, Australia.
For whatever reason, my salesperson is suspicious of this opening order ($7400+$2790 for freight).

We were provided a CC that was declined, they then told us to try in $1000 increments which doesn't make sense since some may have a daily limit but a limit per transaction? Been doing this for 7 years and I process 900 transactions a month - I've never heard of this myself.

My salesperson has spoken to the buyer by cellphone but that doesn't mean anything. The business cannot be found on google maps either.

The card number is for someone who is listed as a Doctor living in Virginia. I'm trying to contact him now.

Can you advise why you first posted this and what your suspicion is?
#55304 by Dotti Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:52 pm
Welcome Redeemer,

Since Buried isn't online right now, I will answer just to make sure that you are warned quickly.

Buried under 419's posted this because it is a definite scam. Buried is a scambaiter who is very familiar with these types of scams, and if he has posted it here, he has already confirmed it to be a scam.

Just reading the text, I can tell you that this is a textbook case of credit card fraud coming from an African scammer.

-The writing tells me this is African.
-Notice how they don't mention what kind of store they own or make any reference to the type of products you sell. Instead, they ask for your inventory/price list. This is because they are sending the exact same email to dozens, if not hundreds, of businesses, and they don't want to take the time to actually figure out what each individual business sells--many businesses will recognize this as a scam, and won't proceed further, so they will only make the effort with companies that accepted the first email as real.
-If they have an Australian business, they shouldn't be paying with an American credit card.
-The mention of the freight forwarder tells us exactly what they are doing. They are using a stolen or phished credit card to pay for the "order." They want you to charge the "freight" fees in addition to the "order" fees. Then they will ask you to transfer (probably by WU) the "freight forwarder" cut to the (fake) company (really themselves under a new email).
Then, when the credit card transaction is reversed, you will be out the money for the "freight" and they will have the cash in their pockets. You won't lose the fabric, because nobody will ever come to pick it up. They are after the cash, not the product.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#55307 by Redeemer Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:08 pm
Thanks Dotti.

The scammers listed the CC holder's name and address which I was able to look up.
I contacted him and he was able to confirm the card has been compromised and this morning someone tried to purchase $4000 in bow and arrow equipment.

We've cancelled the order and instructed the warehouse to unpack the goods and return to inventory.

Thanks again for the heads up.
#55550 by [email protected] Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:27 pm
Today, June 9, 2011, our company received this very same email, so the scammers are still at it!

From: "Kod Supplies (Australia) Pty Ltd" <[email protected]>
Reply-To: [email protected]
Subject: Order Placement/Inquiry.
To: <deleted>

Hello,

We own a store here in Australia, we are interested in your products and willing to purchase from you but before we proceed we want to be sure your email is correct and also to confirm if you can follow our order up via email since we will want the transaction to be done via email. We know of a freight forwarder that will pick of the order at your end since they are less expensive compare to UPS,FEDEX,USPS AND DHL. Beside they are perfect in delivery to the remote area we are in AU. Payment mode will be credit card, USA BILLED Master card. Confirm this email before we proceed to send the quote of order and please get back to us with your inventory/price list as an attachment on your reply.

Regards
Kod Supplies (Australia) Pty Ltd
Last edited by Michael on Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removal personal data