Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#418402 by Sugarrbabygonewrong Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:35 pm
I am not 100 percent certain if I am being scammed but I would like people's feedback on here. I have lots of evidence, photos of their face and archived the conversations I been having with this particular person.

I will start explaining by the beginning of how this all started on the night of Friday, October 2nd 2020. I was on a dating hookup app that came from a China company. Suddenly I came across this women and she was looking for a sugar baby and was going to pay 500 dollars weekly. So I said okay, and added her on Hangouts. Next thing I knew she had another person send over a cheque of $1000 and I thought this is too good to be true; so screenshot it and it deposited. I was too shocked and spooked out for some time but went back and eventually talked to her.

The next day, she told me that she needed money from me and I'm talking in the thousands. She explained that her cousin and their three friends got into a car accident and needed their medical bills covered. So I felt bad and decided to pay the person she wanted me to send it to because I was thinking; well I'm going to get paid back for this. However, I'm beginning to suspect in the current present that the cheque's that I have been given will bounce back. Albeit I did not know about cheque's bouncing back or the fact your bank can reach down to the negatives until a friend told me about it as it never happened to me before. I completely feel cornered in my predicament and don't know how to resolve this issue. That is why I am here to ask for anyone who might have been in a similar situation or at least have knowledge about this issue.

So far it'll be almost a week today that this has all happened. And I need your guys help and advise. What should I do in this situation? I have their name, email, and possibly a location. Should I trace it? Scam the scammer? Thoughts?
Advertisement

#418407 by Sugarrbabygonewrong Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:01 pm
Yeah I did give them money unfortunately...I didn't know about what happens when fake cheques bounce back until my friend told me about it yesterday since this never happened before in my life.

I'm going to report it to the police tonight. I found out that they are using a Public Proxy Server. I just wish I knew their actual IP address so I can catch them myself.
#418408 by Terminator5 Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:15 pm
It's unfortunate that you lost money . You are a victim of a money mule scam . You probably will not get the money back . The best thing you can do is save all the scam emails and correspondence and any other evidence you have and file a police report .
Thanks for posting to Scamwarners

Feel free to post links to any of their online assets such as profiles so we can look at them .

Daniel 8 :25
#418456 by Sugarrbabygonewrong Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:48 pm
I reported to the police but I have to wait until this Tuesday to start my investigation with them...So in the meantime I want to find mule scammer's real ip address so I can give it to the detectives. Does anyone know any way to find a person's real IP address with a Public Proxy Server on it and not a VPN used. They had a SMTP connection through the email that they been sending to me. Everything I've searched leads me to always their proxy ip addresses within the 5 emails that I have from them. Except two are different compared to the three on their ip addresses that may in fact be a real ip address. However, when they use the proxy location on the three emails it always sends me to the same location. So I believe the mule money scammer is using a proxy to those three emails as the same person. Anyways can anyone help me with solutions as to how to find them? I want to bring them to justice!
#418457 by AlanJones Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:59 pm
I suggest that you stop trying to play detective and leave it to the police.

Locking this as there is nothing further to be discussed.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.