Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#56868 by sgt1035 Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:29 pm
They claim they can 'reverse search' an email address, so I put in one of mine. They FOUND 7 of me (hardly possible) but will give me no further info until I pay them a FEE.

I then put in a phony one with only a name: 'sgt.dogs'

...and they found...
3+ online profiles found

I consider this a SCAM since 99 times out of 100 you will have paid them for nothing.

= sgt =
Advertisement

#56870 by sgt1035 Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:10 pm
This advertisement comes from the 'SCAMWARNERS ' website... :roll:

Who Really Scammed You?
1) Reverse-Search Their E-Mail Fast
2) See Hidden Pics & Profiles Now!
Spokeo.com/Uncover.Hidden.Profiles

= sgt =
#56895 by Bubbles Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:01 pm
Spokeo is a pay site. I have never used it. There are many such "people finder" sites out on the internet. They are not necessarily scams. They offer a service for a fee.

ScamWarners deals with Advance Fee Fraud type scams, in which there is a claim to do something and the victim is told to send money by Western Union. Spokeo does not use Western Union as a method of payment.

The fact that their advertisement comes up from time to time at the top of the page in the AdChoices does not mean that ScamWarners endorses their service. The advertisements there are randomly generated. ScamWarners neither asks nor accepts payments for anything that is done here. To maintain a website like this does take real dollars, so allowing a company to place advertisements on the site.

There are programs which allow you to block such advertisements on sites like this. If you have further concerns please contact either an Administrator or a Moderator.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#164839 by cyberclue Thu May 09, 2013 1:45 am
Yes i actually "fell" for this one and only now realize how they collect their information

its simple

everytime one of us is dumb enough to pay to include ourselves as customers

they add that info and offer as much as they can for free with whatever profile photo we had uploaded

my full address was being displayed when i searched my most popular email about myself

for free

and i searched some friends of mine and got less information but it was clear i am sure if i asked them
that they have paid up at least once

lots of people dont have any information what so ever available for free search and they are just as public as anybody else or myself

including emails of my family members turn up with no basic information at all revealed not even a photo available

so i figured from my intuition that they grow their database from the victims and have high hopes that everyone would jump on their spoke bandwagon and it would snowball as a "legitimate" site containing
lots of pertinent private information when in fact this is smoke and mirrors as they say in the magic man business and they really have very little access to everyones personal information unless of course we
are dumb enough to pay the price to sign up to find out just how little value they are.

They are in short

not real

take my word as a real victim