Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#60129 by buried under 419s Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:24 pm
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from mail-vx0-f177.google.com (mail-vx0-f177.google.com [209.85.220.177])
(envelope-from [email protected])
Received: by vxh29 with SMTP id 29so2107620vxh.22
for <>; Wed, 27 Jul 2011 09:58:09 -0700 (PDT)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
d=gmail.com; s=gamma;
h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type;
bh=tH4BIC9xmfdv76ediaKNIkwhE+RCuzNevTD48jfNGP4=;
b=gAw3R05NclqUZ+z3qjJ1LOKIKnlEOMotFQ1CGKdwXR+JZmAkpBqBDxlPN4/ydcW1ux
CHWUNqewG246lEs6bO9us6vsPO2X0eK32Yv2BjQ0SZE7+vsBXesBhVszDkT+12jWIZm7
lEImgyJdGrW4JKKDxaZh6k7DQQy4nwOeaeAa4=
MIME-Version: 1.0
Received: by 10.52.26.44 with SMTP id i12mr13241vdg.450.1311785858176; Wed, 27
Jul 2011 09:57:38 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.52.109.193 with HTTP; Wed, 27 Jul 2011 09:57:38 -0700 (PDT)
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 18:57:38 +0200
Message-ID: <CAJaJgwf8_Wqpn_Wooz=DPVs9HwHE-1pUtubqgmVo7nnQ1AOQMA@mail.gmail.com>
Subject: Order Enquiry
To: [email protected]
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=20cf307cfc6219253004a90ff24b
X-Greylist: Default is to whitelist mail, not delayed by milter-greylist-4.2.3

--20cf307cfc6219253004a90ff24b
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

Hello Sales,

I am interested in purchasing some of your products, I will like to know if
you can ship directly to Greece, I also want you to know my mode of payment
for this order is Via Credit Card or Cashier Check. Get back to me if you
can Ship to that destination and also if you accept the payment type
indicated.Kindly return his email with your price list of your products...

I await your quick response.
Regards.
Jay Store
Address:347,Gravias Street plot 5,
City : Athens
Greece..
Postal Code: 10678
Telephone: +30 210 704 3551

Questions about scams? fraudatiocruor @ gmail.com to contact remove spaces
Advertisement

#60151 by Michael Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:22 pm
Hi emperorshq, welcome to scamwarners.

The mail posted here is most definately a scam. The payment data will be fraudulent; either you will receive a fake check, or you will be paid with stolen credit card data. Usually the amount paid will be more than the price upon you agreed, and you will be asked to either send back the rest of the amount, or transfer it to someone else (the same scammer using a different account).

Based on only the email address we can't really say whether you are dealing with a scam as well. It could be a coincidence that the name matches, or it could just be the same gang. Does the email text match what is posted here? It would help if you could post the email, most likely we'll be sure to tell you more with more info :D

Account inactive - messages are not being monitored
#60165 by emperorshq Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:38 pm
The text is identical. Only addresses changed, so I wondered if this was a scammer hijacking a legitimate company. Here's their initial message:

To: [email protected]
Sent: Tue, Jul 26, 2011 12:19 pm
Subject: ORDER INQUIRY

Hi,

I am interested in purchasing some of your products in large quantity. and I will like to know if you can ship directly to Greece, I also want you to know my mode of payment for this order is Via Credit Card or Cashier Check. However,get back to me if you can Ship to these destination and also if you accept the mode of payment indicated .Kindly return this email with your catalog and prices of various products you've in stock.

I await your quick response.

Regards.
Jay Shop
Greece..
Email: [email protected]

When we replied we received:

I've my own freight forward who shall be coming to your facility to do the pick-up. Kindly get back to me with the list of the products you've in stock with their prices.

Regards

Jay Store
Greece..
[email protected]

So perhaps they wanted the books as well (we're a publisher), which they would pick up. If so, perhaps they have a Chicago, IL. associate who would pick up the books.

Thank you very much for your advice. I'm glad google picked up your initial post
#60166 by John DeLaney Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:39 am
I've my own freight forward who shall be coming to your facility to do the pick-up.

This has the hallmark of a typical overpayment/forward the shippers fee by Western Union scam.

You will receive a cheque containing a surplus, which you will be asked to deduct and forward to his "freight forward company"

All he is interested in is the freight fee, which you will be asked to send to a third person by Western Union.

The cheque will eventually bounce, or the bank transfer will be stopped, and you will be out the amount you have sent, along with your bank demanding the repayment of any funds you have used against it.

John DeLaney
#60805 by jzbarnes Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:03 pm
Same folks are now using name Jameel Ahmed Store and emailing From: Jameel Ahmed <[email protected]. Address and requests are the same. Often they also want to send their "agent" to pickup the items and then send you a check which includes $$ to pay the agent. That way they get both your goods and some money.
#60808 by Dotti Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:59 pm
Thank you for updating with the information they are now using.

Just to clarify: In the variation of the scam with a shipping "agent" the scammer is strictly after cash and doesn't care about your goods. You will be asked to forward cash to the agent by Western Union or Moneygram. The money will be picked up, but nobody will ever show up to collect the goods. The scammer will not take the chance of sending anyone to your business, because if the fake check is discovered before they visit your business, that person could be arrested.

If the scammer really wants your goods, rather than use his fake shipping agent, he will have you ship them through a known carrier (postal service, UPS, etc.) and will demand a tracking number from you. There are some scammers who do this, particularly when the goods are small electronics (phones, laptops, ipods, etc.) or expensive jewelry).

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#61165 by emperorshq Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:18 pm
Just received almost the same thing, twice, from Australia. Obviously we are on a sucker list, and if it were not for your warning we would deserve it.

1) from [email protected]
Hello i would like to order some product from your store to mine in australia .so let me know if can ship down to australia so that i can email you the product i am interested in.also Payment will be done via credit card details if you do accept that let me know so that i can place my order and the Items will be picked Up by my shipping Company at you store,please Get back to me so that i can email you the items i am interested . address:21/49 Norcal Road Nunawading, Victoria Australia 3131 Phone (+61 ) 9873 7677 Fax (+61 ) 9873 7655 Thanks

2) [email protected]
Hello,
My name is Mark from Mark Good Store Ltd,i will like to purchase some order from
your store to our store here,but before i proceed to advise the needed items,i
will like to confirm the terms of payment you accept either Visa or Master card,
and if you do ship to Australia as well,urgent response needed
from you asap,so i can forward you my order list.
Waiting to read from you soon.
Regards.
MARK GOOD.
MARK GOOD LIMITED.
174 Willoughby Road, Crows Nest NSW 2065 P O Box 1000, Crows Nest NSW1585
Phone: +61 8224 8329
E-mail:mg.storeltd121@gmail.
#61170 by Michael Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:32 pm
Thanks for posting those. Keep it up ;) :D

Account inactive - messages are not being monitored
#63493 by davidm Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:26 pm
Thanks a lot for this very useful warning, which helped us to unveil the scam in the very beginning.

Nonetheless, we pretended to do everything what the guy wanted, and we could collect a useful load of information!

1) same email from "[email protected]", a free email service of the Czech Replublic, original IP address "41.155.108.43" resolving to Lagos, Nigeria. Reply to address set to "[email protected]".

2) he asked us to use his transporter, who will come to pick of the goods for him, street address and phone number in Greece, both correct from a technical point of View, just have a look at Google Street View for the fun.

Jay Store
Greece..

3) the guy wanted us to charge his credit card of the invoiced amount + EUR ###, for his "transporter" + EUR ## for us for being so nice to do this service!

4) the guy sent us no less than two VISA credit cards on his name "Jay Moore", and asked us to split the payment in 2 times 2 payments on each card… We called immediately our credit card service to declare this two card numbers as suspicious.

5) we made the guy believe these two cards didn't work, and boom, his came back right away we three other VISA credit cards, holders "Jay Moore" and two fictional colleagues of him "Elizabeth Suraci" and "Randy Rosselle".

6) he phoned us, yes!, in our office, using a Nigerian mobile phone number "+234 80 24 24 3988" (carrier Econet Wireless Nigeria Ltd.) which confirmed us his location in this country, as identified from the source code of his first email.

7) we pretended we charged the cards, and asked him how to do with the delivery, he sent us the coordinates of his "trasnsporter", who is supposed to be based in the UK. Again, have a look at Google Street View. Only empty halls.

GLOBA LOGISTIC SHIPPER (yes, with the typo)
Global Logistics Shipping, Inc.
Email:[email protected]
100 CLEMENTS ROAD
City: LONDON
Zip Code: SE16 4DG
[email protected]
Ph: +447031802622

8) we phoned the english number "+447031802622", asked if we were at "Global Logistics Shipping", the person of the phone was very hesitating, a certain "Lary", the connection was very poor. I guess this number is forwarded to another phone line in Nigeria, to an accomplice. This person didn't quite understand anything, barely admitted to be of the designed company, he said he will call us back, but he didn't do. He only contacted us by email afterward.

9) the scammer called us and mailed us a couple of more times, asking what's up with arranging the shipment, and requested us to pay is transporter via Wester Union, with the following details, saying the transporter will come to pickup the goods soon after.

NAME : DAVID GUINNESS
Address: 100 CLEMENTS ROAD
City: LONDON
Zip Code: SE16 4DG

10) At this point we had quite a lot of details and no more time to spend, so we wrote him a message to kindly explain him we knew about the scam from the beginning!
#63498 by Jillian Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:54 pm
Thanks for posting further info on this scam. It is best, however, not to continue on writing to the scammer once you realize it is a scam. He has your real company information and may try to retaliate if he realizes you're toying with him.

Good for you for reporting the credit cards, which are stolen. You can also send the info to any of the moderators here. We have a contact we can use to have the cards frozen immediately.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners