Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#60597 by samiam Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:19 pm
i was introduced to this scam by a Russian 'tourism company' which i have no doubts - has some legitimate business.. (otherwise, how could they remain in business if they were 100% scam?) .. i have corrected badly worded English 'documents' (letters, memos,..) - five sets so far - without pay (as mentioned on another post) .. now, they want me to forward money via Chase QuickPay .. let me copy-paste the relevant part of one of their letters:
But the main problem is - impossible to send the money to Russia from any country using online service. When you are a client, you don't go somewhere to send the money, you are sitting at computer and do all things via internet.
okay .. yea, if you're REAL naive and don't know how to send money to Russia (like Western Union and MoneyGram), then you will believe them and perform money laundering for them.. then maybe land in jail for money laundering..
INSTEAD: read this article http://www.nowpublic.com/tech-biz/newest-online-scam-russian-money-laundering and avoid jail.
sam
Advertisement

#60606 by Katharina Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:27 pm
Welcome samiam,
and thank you for posting this warning.

From what you posted on the blog, it is also possible that they want you to receive money from scam victims and pass it on to the scammers. Either way, it is an especially nasty scam.

To help others who do a Google search, could you please post their email address and the address of their website? And the texts of their first emails will help a great deal, too. Please include the header and be sure to delete your own name and email address.

EDIT: I'm wondering if you are using your real name in your blog. If so, you need to delete the link. We don't want the Russians to come after you.