Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#62304 by aimless55303 Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:38 pm
I received an e-mail inquiring about private yoga classes from a Hong Kong address. It made me suspicious along with his broken English.

To: Deleted personal information for your protection. ~Bubbles
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2011 11:12 AM
Subject: Yoga Services Needed

Hello

I will like to make enquires about your private yoga classes.

Adam

To: Deleted personal information for your protection. ~Bubbles
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2011 9:39 PM
Subject: ??? Yoga Services info

Referrer

yogafit-intranet.com
yogaalliance.org

Hello,
I am very sorry to reply you late. I traveled to another city for my business.I want to
inquire about booking of private yoga class for my two sons who are amateur footballers here
in Poland.I will be on long vacation in USA from 29th of september to October 10th
2010. And during my vacation i would want my two sons Dennis 18,and Lukas 20 to attend your
yoga class to undergo a basic training and exercise program which emphasizes the balanced
development of the body through core strength, flexibility and awareness in order to support
efficient graceful movement prior to their resumption of trial at two clubs they want to
join.The training is meant to be a basic foundation program in yoga and they should be able
to learn basic exercises, body movements, workouts and techniques such as Centering,Control,
Flow, Breath, Precision and Concentration.Please tell me little more about yourself,how long
have you been doing yoga? and would you be able to provide private
Sessions?

I will also want you to get back to me with your zip code and your price range.

Thanks,
Adam

I did reply to the first couple e-mails but realized with his reply stating he was in Poland and had a Hong Kong address that this wasn't legit. I had a gut feeling from the initial contact also, but it just kept getting fishier as the discussion proceeded. I am not yoga fit trained so I am not listed on their website, he kept asking for info that I had either provided or he could get from my website......

I hope no one falls for this :(

om Shanti
Amy
Advertisement

#62318 by Bubbles Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:35 am
Thank you for posting this information aimless55303 and welcome to ScamWarners. Most likely this scammer would have sent you a large check to pay for your services in advance. Then they cancel and ask for a refund. Of course the check sent to you will be a forgery and you would be stuck for any charges plus the money you send and possibly you would get charged for passing a forged document.

This is why we do what we do. Thank you for adding to the information here.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.