Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#9419 by Jasmine56 Mon May 04, 2009 2:11 pm
This one takes all...... There is a person by the name of 'Margareth D. Junker' NOT Margret Junker. It is really pathetic when scams such as this want to integrate politics with religion.

I have heard a lot about this type of scam. Usually mentioned are 'money laundering' , 'bad money', etc. but usually out of Nigeria. How do scammers get away with money laundering? :shock: I more than understand the 'check scam', but not the money scam.

Thank you,

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end....(Ursela LeGuin)
Advertisement

#9425 by Dan Jones Mon May 04, 2009 8:14 pm
I think you are talking about a wash wash/black money scam. In a nut shell, there is loads of money that was supposed to be destroyed. It was covered in black ink, but your scammer got hold of it before it was burnt.
A chemical exists that will wash the black ink off, leaving you with a pile of good money, but this chemical is expensive, so is the machine and all the other equiptment.

In this scenario, there is no real money or money laundering. It is all just black paper. Sometimes victims will travel to West Africa, or Europe to see a nice little magic show where the black paper is transformed into real money.