Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#70759 by asianlion7 Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:08 pm
Like clockwork, everytime I advertise something on Craigslist, some bandit tries to scam me. I might have taken this one seriously but I have no account with Rogers. These scammers go by Global Credit & Collection Inc. [email protected]

from Global Credit & Collection Inc. [email protected]
reply-to [email protected]
to Christopher ******* <*********@gmail.com>
date Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 11:16 AM
subject Christopher ***********, your Rogers account is past due
Important mainly because of the people in the conversation

Dear Christopher XXXXXXX,
Global Account # - 26183558

In an effort to reduce the burden on our environment we have chosen to contact you via electronic means over traditional mail. Please contact our office directly for more detail. We can be reached at 1-877-337-3836

Jesse Burton
1-877-337-3836

Note: This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.
Advertisement

#70786 by Bubbles Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:08 pm
Hello asianlion7,

Global Credit & Collection Inc is a legitimate company out of Canada. It also has offices in NY.

The email address they gave you is not the real company's contact email address.

The phone number is also not one that is on the website.

This may be a phishing attempt, but more likely, it is just an attempt to get an unsuspecting person to send money to settle a debt that they do not owe. Scammers will take money in any way they can. Lying is no problem to them.

Thank you for posting this scam up for others to find.

This is where "Delete" is your friend. :D

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.