Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#10484 by AlanJones Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:22 am
I got this one after responding to a CraigsList ad, which I didn't keep a copy of and can't find now (probably removed)

This is a Check Mule Scam. The scammer basically wants you to do his dirty work for him by printing and sending out fraudulent checks to other victims. If you get involved with these scammers, you will lose money and may also face investigation for fraud. It will be your name that is at the end of the paper trail when the fraud is investigated - the real criminal is an anonymous person sitting safely in a CyberCafe in Africa.

Received from: Mark Smith <[email protected]>
Subject: versacheck
IP Address: 82.128.45.42 Nigeria (Shagamu)
Hello,

How are you doing?It's good to hear from you,i'm sure you understand my posting and know how to use a check printing software,i'm a civil engineer and also a business man,i'm a very busy man so i find it hard handle my whole job alone,especially the payment aspect,paying clients and workers within the states so i have decided to find someone to occupy the job position,Someone who knows how to use a check printing software,he/she will be printing and dispatching payments to clients and workers respectively.

I would like to ask some few question before i continue with my introduction and explaination.

Do you have check papers?
Do you know how to fill out Ups shiping labels or airway bills?
Do you have a Ups Hub close to you?
Do you have a printer?
Do you have a yahoo,msn or hotmail id and messenger?
Have you ever worked printing and dispatching checks?

Kindly get back to me as soon as possible,thanks.

Mark

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#10488 by Ralph Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:10 am
The name Mark Smith gets me salivating for scammer blood every time I hear it.

We have another thread in love scams where the scammer uses the same name, going by the IP I think this is a different scammer 8)
#15276 by AlanJones Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:21 pm
If someone falls for this scam, they are guilty of cheque fraud and depending on the country they are in could be facing criminal investigation.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#15277 by PigletPooh99 Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:33 pm
can it still be traced even if there is no personal information from the person involved on anything? No its not me but a friend was telling me about this exact thing several months ago. At the time she couldn't find anything bad about it at the time when she searched online.
#15281 by The Enchantress Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:18 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners Piglet. Well done on being a good friend :=)

This guide here may explain this scam better;

http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3237

We would like to help your friend in any way we can - could you please post further information/details - or ask your friend to post or PM.

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.