Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#17520 by ivelinaa Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:48 pm
And this one:

"K & M Recruiters

Detailed Job Description (Admin, Customer Service, Account & Bookkeeping)
The primary goal is to provide local customer support to our clients within North America. This includes providing convenient payment options and informing them of shipping and the terms of sale.
You will be assisting our clients within North America, the assistance to be provided will include: payment collections and customer service via email.

Your duties will include:
- Collecting Local Payments
When a buyer in the US decides to purchase an item through an online auction from our sellers he has the following payment options: pay pal, international wire transfer, international check, local certified check or local wire transfer. The quickest option of these is local wire transferring. Local wire transfers and certified checks are the options that the sales support representative will provide to the clients.

- Managing Data
Along with the payments received from buyers you will receive details for the sales.
The details will include items sold, price, and buyer's information. You are to file and maintain these purchasing records and transactions.

- Forwarding of the Payments
Once you receive & process each payment, you earn 10% of the amount received and forwarding the rest to the seller or representative, whose information will be provided prior each transaction. It is crucial to complete forwarding of the payments in a time efficient manner.

- Correspondence
You will submit a brief reports, weekly reports, and monthly reports. Weekly and monthly reports are to be done in Excel format and are to summarize all transactions completed within the week, or month.

Here is an example of a brief report:
Date: August 2, '09
Buyer: John R. Smith
Item: 2 Laptops
Price: $ 1,921.27
Commission 10%: $ 192
Fees: $ 128
Total Forwarded: $1600
Forwarded to: Godwin Newton, Whitefield ,United Kingdom
Reference Numbers: 23497839

- Fees, and Transferring Procedures
All fees are covered by the company. The fees for transferring are simply deducted from the payments received. No client will contact you during initial stage of the trial period. After three weeks of the trial period you will begin to have contact with the buyers via email in regards to collection of the payments. For the first three weeks, you will simply receive all of the transferring details, and payments, along with step by step guidance from your supervisor. You will be forwarding the received payments through wire service.

-Salary
During the trial period, you will be paid 1,800USD per month while working on average 3hours per day, Monday-Friday, plus 10% commission from every payment received and forwarded. After the trial period your base pay salary will go up to 2,400USD per month, plus 10% commission.

-Taxes
You will receive a monthly invoice stating your total income. All applicable taxes are covered by the company.

- To Apply
Kindly fill out your information below for immediate consideration of this position and send it emailed to [email protected]

Personal Information
First Name:
Last Name:
Address:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Residential Phone Number:
Mobile:
The employee, acknowledged the Trial and Detailed Job Description
and signed _______________
(First Name and Last Name of Employee)"
Advertisement

#17525 by Michelle Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:35 pm
ivelinaa wrote:I also got a couple more different e-mails, but similar concept and different e-mail addresses.

@Ivelinna ... when you are posting copies of these e-mails it would be very useful in you could include the e-mail address of the scammer (ensure that your own is not shown).

This will ensure that the Internet Search Engines can find the extra details and make them available to anyone else searching for the scammers details.

#18557 by kenziiex Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:39 pm
I am so serious when I say DO NOT CASH THOSE CHECKS. That is the same exact person who scammed me. I am now in $9,000 of debt and my credit is f*ck!ng ruined!!

DO NOT DO IT.
Take that check to the cops ASAP.
I'm not joking.
It's a total scam.
#41105 by bizz014 Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:47 pm
I got a similar email from "[email protected]". here is the email:

Rock IT Group Comp Services.

Detailed Job Description
The primary goal is to provide local customer support to our clients within North America. This includes providing convenient payment options and informing them of shipping and the terms of sale.
You will be assisting our clients within North America, the assistance to be provided will include: payment collections and customer service via email.

Collecting Local Payments
When a buyer in the US decides to purchase an item through an online auction from our sellers he has the following payment options: pay pal,international wire transfer, international check, local certified check or local wire transfer. The quickest option of these is local wire transferring. Local wire transfers and certified checks are the options that the sales support representative will provide to the clients.

Managing Data
Along with the payments received from buyers you will receive details for the sales.
The details will include items sold, price, and buyer's information. You are to file and maintain these purchasing records and transactions.
Forwarding of the Payments
Once you receive & process each payment, you earn 10% of the amount received and forwarding the rest to the seller or representative, whose information will be provided prior each transaction. It is crucial to complete forwarding of the payments in a time efficient manner.

Correspondence
You will submit a brief reports, weekly reports, and monthly reports. Weekly and monthly reports are to be done in Excel format and are to summarize all transactions completed within the week, or month.

Commission 10%: $ 192.1
Fees: $ 129

Fees, and Transferring Procedures
All fees are covered by the company. The fees for transferring are simply deducted from the payments received. No client will contact you during initial stage of the trial period. After three weeks of the trial period you will begin to have contact with the buyers via email in regards to collection of the payments. For the first three weeks, you will simply receive all of the transferring details, and payments, along with step by step guidance from your supervisor. You will be forwarding the received payments through wire service.

Salary
You will receive a salary of $900/2weeks aside the commission on every payment processed.

Personal Information (Complete the form below to apply)
First Name:
Last Name:
Address:
City:
State:
Mobile:
Present Job (If Any):

Regards,

James Grant

Rock IT Group Comp Services
#41210 by joannealix Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:44 pm
I recently accepted a job with this "company" before I saw this article. I just sent them an e-mail telling them not to contact me further. I have not yet received anything from them, but I did send the initial information.

I received the following e-mails from [email protected]:
"Rock IT Group Comp Services.

Detailed Job Description

Collecting Local Payments
When a buyer in the US decides to purchase an item through an online auction from our sellers he has the following payment options: pay pal,international wire transfer, international check, local certified check or local wire transfer. The quickest option of these is local wire transferring. Local wire transfers and certified checks are the options that the sales support representative will provide to the clients.

Managing Data
Forwarding of the Payments

Correspondence

Commission 10%: $ 192.1
Fees: $ 129

Fees, and Transferring Procedures

Salary
You will receive a salary of $900/2weeks aside the commission on every payment processed.

Personal Information (Complete the form below to apply)
First Name:
Last Name:
Address:
City:
State:
Mobile:
Present Job (If Any):

Regards,
James Grant
Rock IT Group Comp Services "

After accepting the position I received this:

"ATTN :
I am writing to congratulate you on your new job.
Here in this email is an update on your first task !

You have been assigned to process a payment made by a client who wantsto make payment for the purchase of our products.

FedEx/Ups will deliver the payment to your address in 1-2 business days.

Further instructions will be emailed to you shortly.

Email back ASAP to confirm you received this notification & to confirm you are ready for this task.

Yours Sincerely,

James Grant
Human Resource Mgr"

Am I supposed to do anything else? I mean, what do I do now?
#41211 by Dotti Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:09 pm
If they continue to try to contact you, just ignore them. Don't respond at all.

It's possible they have already sent a fake check. If you receive one, either
a) tear it up
b) take it to the police
c) write FAKE on it in big, permanent letters and keep it as a reminder/educational tool

If they sent you a fake check, they may harass you or even threaten you (sometimes they even threaten to report you to the FBI :shock: )to try to get you to send them money. It is all lies--you have done nothing wrong, and are guilty of nothing if you haven't tried to cash the check.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#43356 by LC3 Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:55 pm
I received the same email from them saying they were going to send me something in the mail. I'm worried they might try and steal my identity or something. Have you heard or received anything else from them since then? Please let me know, thank you!
#43357 by Dotti Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:07 am
This is a very common scam, and typically doesn't involve identity theft. They want to use you to pass fake checks and launder stolen money. Just tell them you are no longer interested in the job, or simply don't respond to them at all. If you have given them details of your bank account, contact your bank and tell them what happened. If you have given them your social security number in addition to other personal information, it is probably a wise precaution to go ahead and request a fraud alert from the credit bureaus if you want to err on the side of caution.

Either way, the same advice as above applies:

If they continue to try to contact you, just ignore them. Don't respond at all.

It's possible they have already sent a fake check. If you receive one, DO NOT TRY TO CASH IT. Instead, do one of the following with it.
a) tear it up or shred it
b) take it to the police
c) write FAKE on it in big, permanent letters and keep it as a reminder/educational tool

If they sent you a fake check, they may harass you or even threaten you (sometimes they even threaten to report you to the FBI :shock: )to try to get you to send them money. It is all lies--you have done nothing wrong, and are guilty of nothing if you haven't tried to cash the check.

Then just stay away from any job offer that involves printing, sending, or receiving checks or other forms of money.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#55200 by AndoRules Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:19 pm
I saw a job posting of craigslist, seemed legit so I replied. Got this email as a response:

The primary goal of the Data Entry Agent is to provide local customer support to our clients within North America. This includes providing convenient payment options and informing them of shipping and the terms of sale.
You will be assisting our clients within North America, the assistance to be provided will include: payment collections and customer service via email..

- Collecting Local Payments

When a buyer in the US decides to purchase an item through an online auction from our sellers he has the following payment options: pay pal, international wire transfer, international check, local certified check or local wire transfer. The quickest option of these is local wire transferring. Local wire transfers and certified checks are the options that the sales support representative will provide to the clients.

- Managing Data
Along with the payments received from buyers you will be receiving details for these sales. These details will include items sold, price, and buyer's information. You are to file and maintain these purchasing records and transactions.

- Forwarding of the Payments

Once you receive each payment you will be keeping 8% as commission and forwarding the rest to the seller or representative, whose information will be provided prior each transaction. It is crucial to complete forwarding of the payments in a time efficient manner.

- Correspondence

You will be submitting brief reports, weekly reports, and monthly reports. Weekly and monthly reports are to be done in Excel format and are to summarize all transactions completed within the week, or month.

Date: Jan 30 2009
Buyer: Amber Simonds
Item: Plastic Rubber
Price: $ 1,850
Commission 8%: $ 148
Fees: $ 85
Total Forwarded: $1617

- Fees, and Transferring Procedures
All fees are covered by the company. The fees for transferring are simply deducted from the payments received. No client will contact you during initial stage of the trial period. After three weeks of the trial period you will begin to have contact with the buyers via email in regards to collection of the payments. For the first three weeks you will simply receive all of the transferring details, and payments, along with step by step guidance from your supervisor. You will be forwarding the received payments through wire service.

-Salary
During the trial period, you will be paid 1,800USD per month while working on average 3hours per day, Monday-Friday, plus 5% commission from every payment received and forwarded. After the trial period your base pay salary will go up to 2,400USD per month, plus 5% commission.

-Taxes
You will receive a monthly invoice stating your total income. All applicable taxes are covered by the company.

- To Apply

Kindly fill in the needed information below and have it emailed to us via this email [email protected]  so we can have your application processed .Shortlisted applicants will be notified through email.

Personal Information

* Full Names:
* Address(Not A P.O BOX):
* Apt Number :
* City:
* State:
* Postal Code:
* Phone:
* Email:

The employee,acknowledged the Trial and Detailed Job Description
and signed         _________________________________________________________________________________
#55202 by AndoRules Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:27 pm
So that seemed straightforward enough, they didn't seem to be asking for anything too personal, just basic info. I wrote them back with the requested info.

Shortly after I began to have an odd feeling about the whole situation, so I was able to find a piece of that email online (this site) and saw it was a HUGE scam. I sent them an immediate email that I was no longer interested in the position. Today I got an email from them:

Dear Andrew,

Thanks for the information. I am using this medium to congratulate you on your employment .  Having gone through your resume, we found that , you are the most qualified out of all the applicant. Congratulations once again. Of course  you know your duties,receive payment in form of cashier checks from our clients and get it deposited/cashed at your bank, deduct 10% out of the money , that will be your commission.We hope this will be the beginning of a fruitful relationship between us. 

For your first assignment.A check of  $2150  has been issued in your name and sent to your address ,you shall receive it early next week  but before then, we will like to know how long  it will take you to get it deposited/cashed at your bank?  Once we receive an answer from you, I will notify you with the  tracking number of your first check.

Thanks and I will be waiting to hear from you soonest.

Regards

Matt.

I immediately wrote an email telling them to cease all contact with me, I didn't even electronically sign the "application". I also stated that if they were to send me a "check" I will not deposit it and will take it immediately to the police as fraud. They appear to be using the email addresses [email protected] and [email protected].

I hope that any of this helps others from getting scammed by there people. I have to thank you immensely for having this information online, it prevented me from falling for these people's scheme.

Thank you, again.
#55284 by Katharina Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:06 pm
Hi AndoRules,

I always go "Phew!" when I read about a close shave like yours - congratulations on doing research!

Please talk to your friends about scams so they, too, will have that "gut feeling" when they get an offer too good to be true.