Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#77272 by Jorge Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:51 am
I have a debt with Hutchinson 3g (old mobile bill) which is over 4 year old or so now.

I received a letter from a debt collection company called C.A.R.S saying I was a confirmed occupant, because a letter was received a few month earlier saying the same but my girlfriend and I had split up and I was not actually living at the address at the time,so my Girlfriend rang to say I no longer lived there But I am now back at the address.

Anyway I got in contact saying I can only afford £7.50 a month which is really all I can manage but was told quite bluntly £30 is the minimum, now after a week or so I receive a phone call asking about how I was going to pay and told the same ,I can only reasonably manage £7.50 but again told quite cheekily and bluntly ,we can only accept £30 minimum and if I cannot make that payment .. we have no alternative to proceed with further action

What are my options ? Is there anything I can do ?

And what is this "further action"

Much appreciated for any info or help
Advertisement

#77276 by AlanJones Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:19 am
Hi,

This doesn't look like it is a scam. It looks like a debt collection agency collecting money that you owe.

This is not something that we can advise you on. I would suggest that you visit the http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/ forums as they have experts giving debt advice there.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.