Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#10934 by Arnold Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:21 pm
This one is just plain silly. Aimed at criminals, and unlikely to worry any of them.

To: <******@gmail.com>
Subject: URGENT!

I congratulate you. We very long searched for you, we know yours IP the address and we know the real address where you are. May I introduce myself I employee INTERPOL CYBER CRIME. I inform you that we know about all your crimes on the Internet, swindle, forging of documents and many other things. For all these crimes you are threatened with prison, we have enough information. I warn you at once that we do not like to joke and wait. We have set of branches worldwide as we co-operate with FBI and other policemen worldwide so do not try to hide, it will not help you, you will make to yourselves even worse. We suggest you to pay to us 100000€ through Western Union if you refuse and will not answer this message, we begin criminal case and within the next few days the court will begin. As you should pay a heavy fine and to return all money which you have received as a result of swindle on the Internet.

Advertisement

#10956 by Ralph Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:08 am
I cant say I have ever seen one of these before,

it would be interesting to see the next scripted emails. :lol:
#12335 by jdang Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:37 am
Here is another message that sounds quite similar. I received it after telling off a over seas rental scammer:

I am a police officer to combat international Cyber Crime, I received
information that you are a fraud, we have ample evidence of your
crime, you risk arrest and prison term of 15 years! I want to help you
solve this problem! Tell me you want to jail? We cooperate with the
police throughout the world, do not try to hide, you will still be
arrested!

Could they have at least tried to make it look official? Maybe use proper grammar?
So who are these guys?
#12336 by Arnold Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:12 am
He's probably the same scammer you told off. If he didn't ask for any money, He's just trying to frighten you.
Considering that English is his second language, it's not bad. Better than my Yoruba, anyway. :)