Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#84357 by sj38k Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:56 am
Hello,
I am Susie from S. Korea and just got the below email from UK. I am very much suspicious that they are probably a professional scammer. I would be so much grateful if you kindly give me your comment on it by return.

Supreme Court
Financial Conduct Authority
Parliament Square
London
SW1P 3BD

Hi,

During our end of the year routine check with all financial institutions, we realize that you have sent some amount of money via the Western Union and MoneyGram to some fraudsters in return for some false claim.

Due to the large amount of complaint, the British Monarchy in directives of Her Majesty the Queen II has authorize a refund compensation to you.
Kindly forward Your Full Name/Address/Phone number, to:-

Supreme Court
Financial Conduct Authority
Parliament Square
London
SW1P 3BD
E-mail: [email protected]
Tel: +44(0)8719153248

Your refund compensation is GBP183,000.00 (British Pounds Sterling). To avoid any illegal activities, your payment will be preloaded on a debit card for you.

Sincerely,

Damian White
FCA
Advertisement

#84379 by AlanJones Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:27 am
Hello Susie,

Yes this is 100% a scam, it is a recovery scam aimed at tricking people who have already been scammed into paying out more money in the pretence that they will be compnesated for their losses.

There is no refund, just another scammer after victims money.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#100545 by Ryanloop Mon May 07, 2012 3:38 pm
The Court should check into the staff, some of the staff may has given up the information, if not how the con man know who to call and who to threaten if any.I don't mean the staff are involved but he/she may accident give out some of the information.

Regards

unauthorized spam link removed by dotti.