Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#87214 by Chris Fuller Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:42 am
This scammer has paid for full membership at an au pair website, so he can access the personal information of au pairs. He then includes au pairs' personal information in the email below.

The email is not true. The scammer hopes to frighten people into sending him money. If you receive an email like this, please ignore what it says, and delete it.

Subject: Your Name: xxxx xxxx

This is the only way I could contact you for now, I want you to be very careful about this and keep this secret with you until I make out space for us to see. You have no need of knowing who I am or where I am from. I know this may sound very surprising to you but it's the situation. I have been paid some ransom in advance to terminate you with some reasons listed to me by my employer. He has provided us with your name, picture and other necessary information's we needed about you such as below.

Your Name: <removed>
Where You can be find: <removed>

phone Number: <removed>
Town <removed>

E-mail: <removed>
Picture: Not to display

It's someone I believe you call a friend, I have followed you closely for a while now and have seen that you are innocent of the accusations he leveled against you .Do not contact the police or try to send a copy of this to them, because if you do, I will know, and I might be pushed to do what I have been paid to do. Besides, this is the first time I turn out to be a betrayer in my job. I took pity on you, which is why I have made up my mind to help you if you are willing to help yourself.

Now listen, I will arrange for us to see face to face, but before that, I need $12,000. To pay off cover, I will come to your home or you determine where you wish we meet; I repeat, do not arrange for the cops and if you play hard to get, it will be extends to your family. Do not set any camera to cover us or set up any tape to record our conversation; my employer is in my control now. Payment details will be provided for you to make a part payment of $5000 first, which will serve as guarantee that you are ready to co-operate, then i will post a copy of the video tape that contains his request for me to terminate you which will be enough evidence for you to take any legal action against him before he employs another person for the job. You will pay the balance of $7000 once you receive the tape.

Warning; do not contact the police, make sure you stay indoors once it is 7.30pm until this whole thing is sorted out, if you neglect any of these warming, you will have yourself to blame. You do not have much time, so get back to me immediately

Note: I will advise you keep this to yourself alone, not even a friend or a family member should know about it because it could be one of them… trust no one not even your co-worker. Get back to me right now

NIKITA
Advertisement

#89107 by rechinul Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:44 pm
The email address that send scam, as of date 07.March.2012, identical with the same topic is:

[email protected]

I have received this message posted here above a while ago.

If anybody from community have other updates of relevance about this message, please post a comment.

Chris are you still alive? :?

Michael.
#89298 by Chris Fuller Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:48 am
:) Like everyone else who received a similar email, I'm very much alive, and I'm going outdoors after 7.30 pm, and keeping my money to myself.

This scammer is looking for people who believe his threats - so he can steal money from them. Ignoring his scam mail shows that you are not believing him, so he is very unlikely to bother to continue with this scam - although he may resend the same initial email again later, using a different 'hired killer' name. If so, that email can be ignored and deleted too.
#94682 by pourter Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:37 pm
Just got this, identical to the one posted.I'm not an au pair but I have signed up to several employment and industry forums. My address included my region in canada, which makes me think its from a drop down selected in an online form. I guess they're branching out.