Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#16442 by Chris Fuller Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:47 pm
This scam mail was sent from a webmail server that did not reveal the IP address. The telephone number given, however, is a South African number.

With reference to 'your vessel' it seems to be targeted at specific companies.

It is not one that I have come across before, and therefore I don't know how it progresses (though there will undoubtedly be fees to pay). I recognise it as a scam, however, because:

1. The writer says: 'Your esteemed address was reliably introduced to me from the South African Chamber of Commerce', but this email was sent to an email address that has no connection with any business, and is only found on the internet attached to comments made in hobby/music guestbooks.

2. A search on 'Oil and Gas PLC' seems to result only in companies that have a Given Name before the words 'Oil and Gas PLC', eg 'Hardy Oil and Gas PLC' or 'Island Oil and Gas PLC'. Not 'Oil and Gas PLC' without a name. The email later refers to 'South African Oil and Gas PLC' - there are no results for that name.

3. The 'From' email address of @yhcargo.com is a Chinese domain, and the 'Contact' email address @live.com is a Hotmail address. These are unlikely email addresses for an Oil and Gas Company.

Further comments welcome!

from ndombum frank <[email protected]>
reply-to ndombum frank <[email protected]>
date Fri, Nov 13, 2009
subject CRUDE OIL TRANSACTION

DEAR SIR,

YOU HAVE AN INFORMATION ON THE ABOVE SUBJECT.
KINDLY DETACH THE DOCUMENT FOR YOUR PERUSAL AND RESPONSE.

BEST REGARDS,

NDOMBUM FRANK
(DIRECTOR)

The attached OIL.doc reads:

Director Project Implementation

Oil & Gas Plc South Africa

Republic Of South Africa

TEL: +27 797 549 292

Email:[email protected]

Good day,

PROPOSAL FOR CRUDE OIL TRANSACTION WITH YOU/YOUR COMPANY

I am Mr. Ndombum Frank. G, Director Foreign Project Implementation of the Oil and Gas PLC South Africa and an executive member of the Contract Tenders Board (CTB) of the above corporation.

Your esteemed address was reliably introduced to me from the South African Chamber of Commerce in my search for a reliable individual/company who can handle a strictly confidential transaction which involves the disposal /distribution of several million BBLS of Bonny Light (CRUDE OIL) which is the position we want you to assume.

The quantity of Bonny light available monthly is 2M BBLS which involves the sum of US $150000000 (ONE HUNDRED FIFTY MILLION) UNITED STATES DOLLARS only and approximately for each vessel at $75 per barrel, yet negotiable . The Product is legitimately allocated to the South African Oil and Gas Plc as an agreed form of remuneration for the contract executed by the South African Government years back.

Now is the optimum period to consummate this transaction in commemoration with the presidential directives to all parastatal to ratify transactions related to all foreign contracts, as a result it was unanimously agreed in my last meeting with the officials appointed for this project to to consult you/your company.

Note that you shall be issued the Marine ATB of the loaded vessel for your investigation and certification of our product after receiving your ATB DETAIL and SUPER CARGO I.D NUMBER if this proposal is compatible with your quantitative management. We also execute both TTO and TTT pending the availability of your vessel for loading.

I believe that you/your company would be honest enough not to raise any misgiving attitude in any aspect of this transaction, more importantly that this transaction will be kept very confidential so as not to tarnish the confidence reposed on these officials by the South African Government

If you find this proposal interesting, kindly contact me on TEL:+27 797 549 292 and E-mail:[email protected]

Thanks for your cooperation,

Best Regards,

Ndombum Frank.G

(DIRECTOR)
Advertisement